Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue

Light Blue

3.8

on 8/7/2017 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I lovveee the smell of this perfume so much. However, its just so expensive for me to repurchase. One day I will

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Pros:
I always keep a mini of this around because it is very inoffensive and does not become overwhelming in the summer (I live in a desert).
It lasts VERY well for an EDT. Better than some edp!
My skin makes every scent I wear extremely warm, but the Light Blue is still extremely wearable despite my skin's chemistry.
Cons:
Everyone has this scent/ not unique

Also, if it came down to it, I think I prefer ck One to this scent. It is slightly less well-known and lasts very well for an EDT. It is more androgynous.

on 11/18/2015 12:26:00 PM

Someone gave me a bottle of Light Blue as a present. Well it's the thought that counts, right?
And while I do like sporty scents, I found that this one went way past sporty and all the way to masculine. I honestly felt like I was wearing men's cologne. Didn't work with my body chemistry at all, every time I wore this I just felt like I didn't smell clean. So it's definitely not a winner for me.

Out of the bottle, the scent is very cool and crisp and preppy. This fragrance is actually very popular.

I would recommend this if you're looking for something that's not super-girly or flowery. But it didn't work for me and I wouldn't use it again.

This has been one of my favourite perfumes as it is a really cool summery fragrance. It has a really playful fresh smell - different to the usual floral/musky smells.
The cap always seems to come loose on the bottle but I think that is down to the cap being light plastic and the head of the bottle being a metal casing?
I bought this in a gift set with a shower gel and body lotion and I will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This has been my #1 fragrance for 6 years now.

Let me give you a little background on my fragrance choices: I truly enjoy some fragrance, but many of them give me a headache. The musky, powdery notes with rose & other highly floral notes just aren't for me. Light Blue is NOT one of those. LB is fresh and clean smelling, with notes of Apple and lemon and cedar.

It smells like pure sunshine to me....I hope I always love it this much!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a lovely skin scent on me. The citrus isn't screechy and the musk isn't dirty. The apple isn't sweet, it's sour. It's light, fresh, clean, and slightly masculine (or at least unisex). Very inoffensive.

However, there is no lasting power whatsoever. I get a few hours. :(

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I like this smell a lot. It's not your everyday floral which is what most feminine described perfumes smell like. I detest florals, most of them really bother me and remind me of my grandmother. I've never been attracted to this fragrance , but I decided to spray it and I loved it. It is a very fresh smell. Reminds me of am Italian beach, and it's a little masculine. Definitely not gourmand. It's an easy perfume to wear everyday, however the only con is it doesn't last on me at all. Sillage is very light, not offensive at all. I spray about 3 sprays because it's not strong at all. After two hours, the scent is completely gone & considering how expensive this perfume is, I expected a little but more longevity. That's the only reason I wouldn't repurchase, if it had lasting power, i would probably buy it for the rest of my life.

on 9/4/2013 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Although it is a bit pricey but hey which branded perfume isn't? I simply love this fragrance, it smells really summery and a bit citrusy with a tinge of flower aroma. Its not too strong that can give someone a headache and too light that it flies away within an hour. It stays on you for a long duration, atleast 6-8 hrs with couple of spritzes. Perfect to wear at work in summer, some folks do step up and ask me what perfume is it ;)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This was the first bottle of expensive perfume I ever bought and that was nearly 9 or 10 years ago when I was a sophomore in college. Today I used the last of my bottle and I must say I enjoyed every spritz and spray I ever used. I used this for every formal occasion I went to and whenever I wanted to smell sexy. I noticed that guys would tell me they liked my perfume and girls always knew it was light blue. With that being said I think light blue has become so mainstream and well known as a scent that I will not be repurchasing since I would rather not have people knowing what scent I am wearing. I'd rather be a little more mysterious....so now I am on the hunt for a new fav scent. At this moment I do use Burberry's Brit and some other little Tokidoki perfumes I received as gifts, but I think I will buy one of those sephora sampler sets with 10 different sample size perfumes to see which one I like the best.

on 5/16/2013 3:29:00 PM

This is the first fragrance in a long time I have liked a lot.

The smell is light and airy, a little sweet but not overpowering. I notice people saying it doesn't last but that's actually one of the things I like about it, is that it fades and ends up being super subtle. I don't know about you but I live in an area where many places are scent-free, and I find that if I put on this fragrance it doesn't seem to affect people in a negative way. So many fragrances are so overpowering.

So thumbs up on this fragrance for me! Also I tend to react to a lot of fragrances, and not to this one!

Popular Fragrances