Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue

Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue
Light Blue

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love this perfume, the packaging is nice. It is pricey, but my main problem with it is that it fades in less than three hours after application. Perhaps if it wasn't so pricey this wouldn't be a big deal, but for the price you expect a quality product that will last at least the work day.

on 10/28/2013 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Ok, In General, I do not like D&G perfumes. However Light Blue is somethnig I find I wear time to time and enjoy even thought it's not my HG of perfume. On me, I do get the cedar smell which is very spicy almost like a note you'd find in a men's cologne. The dry down on me leaves a very soapy fresh from the shower smell and I happen to like that smell. It makes me feel fresh and clean even 10 hours into the work day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

It's everything that everyone has said. Crisp, clean, requires reapplication, lovely summer scent. Simple, but nice, very understated classic frag. Thank goodness it's easy to find because I go through this somewhat quickly and my fragrance wardrobe would feel weird without it. The guy I'm seeing likes it on me so I wear it just for him...and now it's a bit difficult to wear if I'm not seeing him cause I associate it with sexytimes, LOL. YMMV!

on 2/7/2013 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Looking for a citrus refreshing for my mom- in- law. I found it. Lemon, citrus. This one is ageless. I love it also.

on 12/30/2012 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is, hands down, my favorite perfume! I smelled it for the very first time on a classmate of mine during a linguistics class in college about two and a half years ago. Yes, I am late to the Light Blue party. Oh well. Each day, there was this lovely, refreshing lemon scent that made the New Haven winter seem less harsh, the air less cold, the sun shine warmer, the snow glitter livelier. I looked forward to going to class because of this wonderful fragrance that wafted from the girl to my right. Toward the end of the semester, I just had to ask what she was wearing. Light Blue by Dolce&Gabbana! Light Blue? Why is it called that? She explained it was because of the light blue velvety box in which the perfume was packaged (or something).

Upon receiving all these details, I rushed to Sephora to sample this entrancing Light Blue. The one spritz on my wrist lasted for eight hours, and it seemed that for most of the time, I held my wrist up to my nose, never wanting to miss a moment of this fragrance. It reminded me of lemon orchards and laundry hanging out to dry under a cerulean sky, of white flowers strewn all over a Mediterranean beach, of water and wind dancing an ancient waltz at the edge of the world It was the smell of sunshine mingling with the foam-tipped waves of the ocean. I was besotted and am still am.

A modern classic, Light Blue is perfect. No, I care not a fig about its mass popularity nor its persistent dominance in global perfume sales. I do not care what you call it: anorexic aquatic, anemic ozonic, toilet cleanser, or furniture polish. It is too happy and energetic and full of laughter to matter. I love it, right down to its soft fuzzy box that I caress just for the hell of it! Plus, I sincerely think that every woman (or man) wears Light Blue differently because a part of their personality inflects the scent somehow, skin chemistry aside. If you are a calm, analytical person, then those cool watery notes from the bamboo and citron show themselves more. If you are a smiling, cheerful person, then the apple and rose stand out more; and if you are a warm, caring/affectionate person, then jasmine and amber appear in the forefront. Light Blue just has something, and far be it from me to begrudge what seems to be eighty-seven percent of the female population from having the same. I adore Shalimar and think Poison is pretty awesome, but I am always going to have a bottle, if not candles and body care products, of Light Blue with me. No matter what season or time of day or occasion, with two sprays to each side of my collar bone, and a spray below the hollow of my neck, I feel like an angel flying in the spindrift of the sea for the countless hours the fragrance lasts on my skin, hair, and clothes.

That being said, Light Blue is notorious for having a number of sophisticated fakes floating around Ebay and other online discounters (and very likely independent perfume shops/kiosks), which is why some people can not stomach the unnatural citrus smell nor tolerate the short lasting power I suspect. That is not the real Light Blue. I had both a fake and a genuine product to compare. Especially, if you buy it online, where it is admittedly cheaper, please be careful. It is worth experiencing the real thing but not dismissing it because of the sour lemon water that some guy, whose neck I could wring, poured into an actual Light Blue bottle and then placed inside an actual box. This faintly sweet and airy fragrance with a hint of powder is simultaneously warm and cool and lasts just short of forever. Notes: citron, apple, bluebell, white rose, jasmine, bamboo, amber, musk, cedar.

If dreams had a scent, I imagine they would be perfumed with Light Blue, but I am biased. I would wear Light Blue till I die. If you made it here, thanks for reading this long review-reverie!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

the only reason im saying that i wont rebuy this perfume is b/c i already have a large bottle that i doubt i will ever use up and when i wear this perfume it seems like everyone knows what i am wearing. you only need one spray when it comes to this perfume. it has a very strong scent.

on 12/11/2012 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I tried this just now. I've been wanting to sample this for a while after reading reviews and hearing people compare Light Blue to Incanto Charms, which is a perfume I own and enjoy. My first impression was that it smelled of light lemon, very powdery, lemony, citrus. Crisp to the point of it being androgynous. All things I do not like in a perfume. I wondered where I smelled this product before them it hit me. Lemon Alka-Seltzer. Extremely overpowering with the lemon smell and just did not smell like a perfume. As it dried down all I smell is non distinguishable flowers and chemicals. Slightly sweet but more masculine than anything else. Also, I definitely would not pay the $70 price tag for this lemon medicine. I really wanted to like this but all it does is make me gag.

on 8/31/2012 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

My boyfriend bought me this fragrance for Christmas last year and I have to say it's become one of my favorite perfumes. I would definitely say it's a summer or spring scent. As far as it being fruity or floral, I wouldn't say that it's either one of those. It's reminds me of an air freshener or clothing detergent. It has a really clean fresh smell to it. Also kind of like clean beach air. If you're someone that likes really heavy perfumes you will probably be really disappointed with this because it's not a BAM in your face fragrance at all nor is it extremely feminine or girl. It's very simple. I can wear this to work or to school because it's not really heavy or sickening like some perfumes can be. I always get compliments when I wear it. If you're someone who's not too crazy about perfumes or if you're just starting out in perfumes, this would be a great one to experiment with because it's so easily worn. Really nice perfume. It's one of my top 3 perfumes ever.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I simply love the scent of this! Its crisp, clean & fresh, I agree that it is more of a spring/ summer type of scent, although I would love to wear it year round!

on 6/16/2012 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've loved this EDT for many years for the following reasons:-
1. A lovely light refreshing smell
2. A great summer scent
3. Price not too bad (I think its gone up as it has become more popular)
4. Nice packaging

This scent reminds me of a lemon scented flannel ... the type they give you in restaurants to freshen your hands! This comment does not justice to the perfume at all but it is very fresh and clean. I love it, worn it for years (mainly in Summer time) and will continue to purchase it! Love the light body gel too! :o) x

Popular Fragrances