Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue

Light Blue

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Mesh well with my body chemistry and perfect to wear during the warmer months.

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I heard so many good comments about this fragrance and got a sample of it. IMO D&G lost it with this one. I was very disappointed! The opening was too strong, very unpleasant and gave me a nasty headache the first time i wore it. On its way to a dry-down it nauseated me and when it finally settled it was tolerable but not remarkable enough for me to give a damn about it. I tried to give it another go because i wanted to love this perfume after everything i've heard about it. So the second time i tried it the same thing happened and after the third try i gave up. The packaging design isnt encouraging either; it looks like a bottle of cheap lotion and not an expensive fragrance. If upon spraying it smelled as it did when it dried down i'd probably keep it around but i cant live through the opening and the mid notes so it gets one lippie from me for the lasting power which is excellent for an EDT

EDIT: A few months down the line I find myself at an event and as I freshened up in the ladies room I searched for some fragrance but had non in my handbag. I pick up my make up bag and at the bottom is a forgotten sample of Light Blue. I decide I don't have much of a choice, use it and OMG! Complements from everyone and the most pleasant smell to reach my nose all day. I go to bed and the next morning I can still smell it on me. I'll add two more lippies though I think it deserves more but looking at the previous experiences I've had with this fragrance I'll reserve the remaining lippies until am a hundred percent certain that I can wear this fragrance on any day and still love it!

on 1/25/2011 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Very interesting fragrance. I loved the scent at first, but quickly realized I liked it because it smells similar men's fragrances that I like ( cool water, maybe?) It definitely has a very clean scent, which I appreciate. It reminds me of walking into an elevator and standing behind a great smelling guy...

on 3/8/2010 3:49:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I absolutely love this perfume. I found it around 2004 or 05 maybe but fell inlove with it, forgot about it, then got it for christmas last year by my hunnie!! I've been told more then once that I wear the perfume better then others could. I love this stuff I'll always have some!!

on 12/7/2009 5:20:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

What a relief that I only tried a spritz of this, it is so sharp and tart smelling like a bug spray, I couldn't wait to get home and wash it off. It smells great just taking a whiff from the bottle and the initial notes are pleasant enough but the dry down is a whole other nightmare.No sale!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Sexy, alluring, definitely a night time perfume. I get so many compliments when I wear this. It's both fresh and heady. Something that I recommend anyone 20+ perfume addict testing at least once. When I first smelled it about 4 years ago, I loved it but now that everyone I know wears it I just like it. It is something I will keep in my collection though.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

HEAVEN!!!! Definitely a fave....

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

A citrus, apple, washing powder, baby-skin, sweet fragrance. Living in the UK I don't think this is quite as popular as in the US and Asia - I have only ever smelt it on a Japanese girl when I was working in a dept store. I'm going to wear it proudly this summer, in small amounts, in secret places. I had a vision it would partner a 40s summer dress and big sunglasses very nicely. Oh, or a demure 60s mod look. My favourite aspect of Light Blue is the milk and apple. I couldn't wear it every day because it can get on my nerves - there is something cloying about it, and when I press my nose to my skin, something a little... peaty. But the sillage is a treat, and I like how cosy it can be on the days your body chemistry is right.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I love this scent. I wear it nearly every day. Finally, a scent that I like that actually works with my chemistry. It lasts nearly all day on me. It's so hard to describe...it's not too sweet, not powdery, not too musky, just beautiful. Some days I can really smell the Granny Smith apple, other days the citron is noticeable. Smells clean and young and fresh. A little pricey, but that's what eBay is for! HG scent. continued >>

Popular Fragrances