Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue

Light Blue

3.5

on 7/25/2015 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

"Your smell is increasing my testosterone"- my boyfriend. Needless to say, HG scent AKA sex elixir/ libido increaser ;) ;) ;)

on 1/14/2015 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Really nice summery fragrance, smells quite orangey, fresh and light so it's good for daytime use and it's not too expensive either.
Packaging is lovely, the bottle is oblong sort of frosted glass with a silver top/spray and a light blue lid, the box it comes in is also light blue and has a velvety texture.

It's is my probably my third favourite perfume, so I only keep buying it because it has sentimental value (I was wearing it when I met my husband and now the smell reminds him of me- aww)
The reason I prefer some other perfumes is because this is an eau de toilet and the scent isn't all that intense to begin with so it doesn't last very long, but it does smell very pretty while it's there.

*TIP try spraying some into your hair, it seems to last a bit longer than on skin, plus people will be able to smell it better when they hug you :)
Xx

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Something appropriate for summer, this sort of reminds me of yachting in the Hamptons over 4th of July weekend. I do really love this scent. The packaging I expected to get a rollerball, but it's shaped in the same style but only has a spray instead of a rollerball on the end which I found a bit annoying. I normally go for gourmand scents like Pink Sugar, but this is refreshing like an ice cold glass of homemade lemonade on a hot day. I will def repurchase!! Kind of like a better, more upscale Tommy Girl/Cool Water (but MUCH, MUCH better!). Quintessential summer...

on 5/24/2012 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Well.. I'll not buy it again, it's not really my fave, but a lot of people like it. :)

on 3/30/2012 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I work selling high end fragrances and our store specializes in rare and discontinued items. We have thousands of incredible scents here but our most popular in women's is Light Blue, and for the life of me I cannot figure out why.

the opening is a strong lemon-lime that dries down to something akin to industrial cleaning fluid before it disappears completely within 45 or so minutes.

Not only does this fragrance have little to no character or longevity, it also holds absolutely no sillage. I have never EVER smelled this on another woman. Even lighter ones like daisy or even callix have some carry and some recognition. Light Blue? Never.

on 11/18/2011 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

As another reviewer wrote, this smells nice on others. It was much too overpowering for me. I could only spray it once, and I couldn't spray it anywhere near my nose. It's the type of fragrance that enters the room before you and stays much too long after you leave.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

What else can I say about an old, reliable, & faithful friend??? THE BEST!!! I ALWAYS go back to this perfume. ALWAYS. It's been number 1 on top favorites list ever since it first came out. When in doubt, go with Light Blue! This is also 1 of the few fragrances that people actually compliment me on. I never have to worry about people complaining about my scent when I wear this. It's universally loved. I also feel that the price is justified becuase a little bit GOES A LONG, LONG WAY! You only need a few sprays. This will last you ALL DAY... This perfume lasts me the longest. You will definitely have this for many months; even if you wear it everyday!!! As for describing the scent.... I don't think that I have to. Light Blue is THAT popular! I don't know of anyone that hasn't smelled it b4. A staple & classic perfume for the everyday woman... As long as they make it, I'll keep wearing it.

on 7/30/2010 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Smells sickeningly sweet and more for the teenagers. I don't like it!

on 4/29/2010 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Would I buy this product again? Not no, but HELL NO! Gah...I hate this awful-smelling stuff! I'm actually late writing a review on it but someone on one of the boards mentioned it and I remembered that i needed to leave a review.

I bought this junk 6 years ago and to me or on me, it smelled heavily of musk. There is just something in this concoction that I do not like. Not sure exactly what it is but I'm sure it's not just the musk. I ended up swapping it out.

I have a friend who wears this and when I smell it on her I just want to say, "Gawd, go take a shower!!!!" Oh...it's just awful. It should actually be banned and unlawful to wear it. It's scent pollution for sure!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to love this perfume but it's the kind of scent where you buy one small bottle of it then get sick of it. Whenever I smell it now it kind of turns on me.

Popular Fragrances