Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue

Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue
Light Blue

3.7

on 10/23/2014 9:34:00 PM

Re-sniffed this today at a department store, and I remember why Ioved this soooooo muuuuuch 10 years ago.

Light, fresh, citrusy, cedary, appley, vanillay, in the best way possible.

Only drawback is the ugly bottle, but I can live with that.

on 7/14/2012 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

I do not like this at ALL. Gross. I got a deluxe sample from Sephora and I used the whole thing up, not wanting to waste it. It smells like an old musty rotting basement. Like a moldy wet rag you found laying in the corner. The smell fades extremely fast to be undetectable which is bad if you like it, but great for me, because the smell nearly gagged me every time I used this. I cannot understand what people like about this fragrance. It is not flattering and is just downright disgusting. I have gotten many compliments on my GAP Dream More, Victoria's Secret Summer Mist, and even scented lotions from VS but no one ever said a word all the times I wore this. At this point I am hoping they couldn't smell it and that's why they didn't comment! I have even gotten compliments on Clinique Happy and that's the most overrated teenie bopper crap you can buy.

on 4/13/2012 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Is it just me or does this stuff smell like a hampster cage? Wood chips, or something. I smell this on a lot of different women and it smells the same on all of them, so I don't believe it's a body chemistry thing, IMO.

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I heard so many good comments about this fragrance and got a sample of it. IMO D&G lost it with this one. I was very disappointed! The opening was too strong, very unpleasant and gave me a nasty headache the first time i wore it. On its way to a dry-down it nauseated me and when it finally settled it was tolerable but not remarkable enough for me to give a damn about it. I tried to give it another go because i wanted to love this perfume after everything i've heard about it. So the second time i tried it the same thing happened and after the third try i gave up. The packaging design isnt encouraging either; it looks like a bottle of cheap lotion and not an expensive fragrance. If upon spraying it smelled as it did when it dried down i'd probably keep it around but i cant live through the opening and the mid notes so it gets one lippie from me for the lasting power which is excellent for an EDT

EDIT: A few months down the line I find myself at an event and as I freshened up in the ladies room I searched for some fragrance but had non in my handbag. I pick up my make up bag and at the bottom is a forgotten sample of Light Blue. I decide I don't have much of a choice, use it and OMG! Complements from everyone and the most pleasant smell to reach my nose all day. I go to bed and the next morning I can still smell it on me. I'll add two more lippies though I think it deserves more but looking at the previous experiences I've had with this fragrance I'll reserve the remaining lippies until am a hundred percent certain that I can wear this fragrance on any day and still love it!

Holy Grail!!!

It's a fresh fragrance, nice in the summer.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I received this as a present five years ago. I absolutely love it. I got compliments on the scent and since I didn't spray it on every day and only dabbed it on certain spots (behind ears, wrists) it lasted me a long time without the scent dying. A new bottle is on my wishlist.

on 12/29/2010 6:07:00 AM

It's THAT popular for a reason folks. :) Contemporary, crisp and fresh. It's what you wear on a Grecian holiday, to the farmer's market, to the library, and to a job interview. It's the perfect fragrance anytime and anywhere. If you hate florals, gravitate towards men's colognes, and love the way Abercrombie & Fitch smells, you cannot be without D&G Light Blue. Who cares if everyone wears it? Not you, if you're in love with this scent!

on 12/9/2010 7:10:00 AM

Funny how scents can be interpreted so differently! When this settles, it turns sharp, stale, with a lack of complexity. I don't smell the freshness or lightness. Its as if the sharpness isn't balanced with warmth, its just an icy-smelling, cloying staticky smell. If it were a color, it would be flat grey (like a cartoon shark!), but overpowering. I don't like it on me and can pick it out in a crowd easily. I'm giving it a point, though, for being a distinct scent that stands out from most florals or musks. Reviewing this because I bought I Love Love by Moschino impulsively and compared the two, as they smell similar. Love isn't as bad, more complex.

on 7/13/2010 11:30:00 PM

CLASSIC. I work at a fragrance counter and this is our most popular perfume. It smells fruity but also unique. Not too young. The staying power isn't great but that doesn't really bother me. It's the only bottle of perfume I've ever used up and I will purchase again. Everyone needs this scent in their collection.

Popular Fragrances