Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue

Light Blue

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I actually bought this as a birthday gift for my mother-in-law, and shamefully wanted to keep it for myself!

It was a hefty price, $65 for an ounce. The smell is absolutely heavenly though! It is a sheer (but long lasting and has a presence) floral-clean-powdery scent. Day time and can be seductive or professional. Not much musk or amber, but a tad bit sweet. It was so feminine and elegant. I cannot quite describe it.

My mother-in-law is a teacher, and she says when her kids hug her, they tell her that she smells comforting. In the office her coworkers always ask what she is wearing. Must of been a great choice, because even my husband asked what I was wearing when I came home after buying it, he is a tough fragrance critic.

The bottle does not do this scent justice. I almost passed up trying it, because it looks cheap and boring. I expected more from D&G. Something as elegant and gorgeous as the fragrance please!

If I ever get a chance to purchase it again, it's going to stay with me! I put it on my list of favorites.

on 1/8/2017 5:38:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got the set for Christmas with the large bottle, rollerball and lotion. Love love love the scent. Smells so clean- rollerball scent lasts longer than the spray and I love how I can throw it in my purse and use it for a quick touch up.

on 8/15/2014 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using a sample of this for months now, and I must say, when I first got it I thought it was a men's cologne. That said, it's a lovely smell: fresh, clean citrus and something really masculine, like expensive aftershave. However, on me Light Blue dries into something much deeper and less masculine, but still clean -- the underlying fruit and wood notes really pop out, and I just love it. I'm going to use every last drop of my sample, and then I'll be getting the next larger size -- price be damned. I use it pretty sparingly because my office has a policy against strong scents -- luckily, my coworkers haven't complained about me (yet). I'm looking forward to seeing how Light Blue holds up in the winter, because I think that on me, it could truly have year-round wearability. Will update later... EDIT 6/9/18: I never purchased a full-size of this because it's just too masculine for me. I much prefer Chloe EDP for a *feminine* everyday fragrance.

I remember this fragrance being very very popular at some point. And I can see why. It's quite unique. Very sparkly smell with a a sexy hint. I used to wear it a lot. Don't think I will be going back to this smell ever. It's too recognizable.

I recently rediscovered this one at the airport. Sprayed it on going into one direction, bought it when returning. On the plane it lasted several hours on me. For some reason it does not seem to last that long everyday (could the testers be better quality? just sayin ;) )

It lasts well on clothes or hair, though, and I dont mind reapplying (I take miniature sprayers with me anyway, since no perfume except for J'adore lasts on me all day).

I love DKNY Woman and Un jardin sur le toit (Hermès). If you love these perfumes, chances are you'll like Light blue. It's cool and summery, only very slightly foral and mostly citrusy. Very inoffensive imo.

I did not like the "summer" version of this one (?). It smelled like Cool Water when sprayed and somehow awful when it dried down (may be very different on someone else, of course). I'll be wearing the regularLight Blue happily all summer. Also, the bottle for itself somehow makes me happy in summer!

EDIT: I noticed how it does not last well on me, either. I downgrade it from 4 to 3 because of that, and will not repurchase it. I still love the scent for the first hour or so, and I love the bottle. I have to say few scents last really long on me, so keep that in mind and try for yourself.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My hubby got me this, and honestly, not a favorie. I know, I know, so many people are in love with this scent, and it IS nice. But it DOESN'T LAST!!! I spray my pulse points, even after applying unscented lotion to hold the scent, and within 20 minutes, the scent is gone. Which is too bad, because it is a gorgeous citrusy floral. If they strengthened the formula a bit, to make it last, there would be five stars all around. But sorry, I am not going to pay a hundred bucks for scented water that disappears before I even have the chance to wear it out somewhere :(

on 12/26/2010 8:26:00 PM

My absolute all-time favorite. I have been wearing this for almost 8 years. Complete strangers stop me to ask me what I am wearing. My husband likes me to switch things up and wear different scents, but I always find myself going back to this one. Once I spray it, I cannot smell it on myself anymore, which I like - though others compliment me on it hours after I've sprayed it on. I feel that means it works well with my chemistry. Perfumes that I can smell on myself all day long wind up giving me a headache. I plan on wearing this scent forever! LOVE IT!!!

on 12/24/2010 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

My ultimate favorite! I love,love,love it and get complimented all the time when I have it on!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What else can I say about an old, reliable, & faithful friend??? THE BEST!!! I ALWAYS go back to this perfume. ALWAYS. It's been number 1 on top favorites list ever since it first came out. When in doubt, go with Light Blue! This is also 1 of the few fragrances that people actually compliment me on. I never have to worry about people complaining about my scent when I wear this. It's universally loved. I also feel that the price is justified becuase a little bit GOES A LONG, LONG WAY! You only need a few sprays. This will last you ALL DAY... This perfume lasts me the longest. You will definitely have this for many months; even if you wear it everyday!!! As for describing the scent.... I don't think that I have to. Light Blue is THAT popular! I don't know of anyone that hasn't smelled it b4. A staple & classic perfume for the everyday woman... As long as they make it, I'll keep wearing it.

on 11/25/2010 1:43:00 PM

I wish it was cheaper here in greece,but overall it is THE one and only perfume that works on everybody.I have never noticed that until a man told me -what a beautiful parfum,works for every woman i know-.He was right.If you want that pure clean summer thing all over you go for it.You cannot go wrong with that.Even a guy noticed that,hahahaha.

Video Reviews & Tutorials