L'Occitane Amande Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil

L'Occitane Amande Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil
Amande Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil

4.4

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tipa-Laureth Sulfate, Laureth-4, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Parfum/Fragrance, Cocamide Mea, Propylene Glycol Butyl Ether, Sorbitan Oleate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Aqua/Water, Limonene, Coumarin, Linalool

on 7/15/2017 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Absolutely wonderful! I love the scent of almonds, it also feels very soft and soothing to the skin. Doesn't lather much but I dont mind. Quite expensive though so I use it mostly as a treat every now and then.

A few years ago I used this product every day, but now I think there are equally good affordable alternatives on the market. Right now I'm using shower oil from the brand Isana (available in EU- same results, 8 ingredients, soap free and dirt cheap, like 1-2 euros?). L'Occitane oil is a luxe, yet overpriced product. Leaves skin moisturized and soft, smells beautifully, looks pretty on the shelf. Can be used on even the most sensitive skin. But I won't purchase again.

on 5/19/2017 9:28:00 PM

This is heaven. I love the consistency - a rich, moisturizing oil that lathers. The scent is so luxurious, like the most beautiful almond served on a gilded saucer. It is far too pricey for me to use daily, but this is my 'date night' shower gel that I treat myself to. My one small complaint is regarding the bottle on the small version. The packaging is beautiful and I love having this out in my bathroom, but the cap can be difficult to get open with wet hands, at least on the 2.5oz bottle. Sometimes I have to sort of bite it open a bit and this doesn't taste nearly as good as it smells :). I would probably not repurchase due to the cost, but love this as a treat.

on 2/10/2017 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Perhaps I should give this another try, but I was not impressed by this product. If you are well-educated about skincare, it should NOT have fragrance in it and this does. I found that the Eucerin Shower gel works just as well at a fraction of the price. I will not repurchase.

on 2/28/2017 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A winter must! One of my favourite Body washes. It leaves my skin very moisturized and has a light, fresh almond scent. I think what is so underrated about this product is that it provides enough of a moisture barrier to replace shaving cream! It's a little pricy BUT the Eco refills are worth it!

on 5/11/2017 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Without doubt the best shower wash I've ever used. It's shame it costs so much otherwise I'd make sure I never ran out.
Especially good for shaving your legs.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Rcvd as a gift from my husband and at first was disappointed because I absolutely do not like oils or shower oils. I live in Fort Lauderdale and it is crazy humid. Last time I tried a shower oil I showered left for the day and had to come back home to take another shower bc I felt hot and greasy. With that being said since it was a gift from my husband I decided to try it bc the back of the bottle said it could be used for shaving. Wow, HG here!!! The closest shave ever, no nicks, no lotion needed after, no stinging. This is awesome for frequent shaves. Finally no razor bumps on my bikini areas!!! I found the price of my huge 16oz bottle so I may need to find a dupe but if not then this bottle is worth it if I can wear a bathing suit for several days and still shave every day.

on 8/17/2016 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have dry eczema prone skin, sometimes I just can't use soap. In the past I have used Eucerin shower oil. Both are 8.4 ounces, the Eucerin is about $9USD, and L'Occitane is $25USD. L'Occitane Amande shower oil does have a pleasant scent, though it's not quite almond. As with shower oils this won't foam or lather, but should have a milky appearance when wet. This has lots of good skin nourish ingredients including shea butter, coconut oil, and almond oil. Gently cleanses without drying, and definitely a good choice for dry and/or eczema prone skin.

this stuff is devine. it softened my skin, helped my acne and smells incredible.
the bottle lasted much longer than I thought. Such a luxury. Indulgent

on 9/8/2016 8:01:00 PM

I honestly do not see the point to this product. It is way to expensive to use as a shave gel, as the product description on Sephora suggests. It doesn't lather up too much, so it isn't really a body wash. I guess you could use it as an in-shower moisturizer - you can use a bar soap or body wash to clean, then go with this as a rinse-off lotion. But the benefit of doing that does not justify the price. Nivea makes an in-shower lotion that works much better for me.

This is a nice luxury product, which is pleasant to use every once in a while as a treat on "home spa" day or before special occasions. It is definitely not for daily use, unless you have money to burn. It is offered in a sample size and comes with a lot of different kits, which is nice.