L'Occitane Amande Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil

L'Occitane Amande Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil
Amande Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil

4.4

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tipa-Laureth Sulfate, Laureth-4, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Parfum/Fragrance, Cocamide Mea, Propylene Glycol Butyl Ether, Sorbitan Oleate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Aqua/Water, Limonene, Coumarin, Linalool

on 9/8/2016 8:01:00 PM

I honestly do not see the point to this product. It is way to expensive to use as a shave gel, as the product description on Sephora suggests. It doesn't lather up too much, so it isn't really a body wash. I guess you could use it as an in-shower moisturizer - you can use a bar soap or body wash to clean, then go with this as a rinse-off lotion. But the benefit of doing that does not justify the price. Nivea makes an in-shower lotion that works much better for me.

This is a nice luxury product, which is pleasant to use every once in a while as a treat on "home spa" day or before special occasions. It is definitely not for daily use, unless you have money to burn. It is offered in a sample size and comes with a lot of different kits, which is nice.

on 8/17/2016 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have dry eczema prone skin, sometimes I just can't use soap. In the past I have used Eucerin shower oil. Both are 8.4 ounces, the Eucerin is about $9USD, and L'Occitane is $25USD. L'Occitane Amande shower oil does have a pleasant scent, though it's not quite almond. As with shower oils this won't foam or lather, but should have a milky appearance when wet. This has lots of good skin nourish ingredients including shea butter, coconut oil, and almond oil. Gently cleanses without drying, and definitely a good choice for dry and/or eczema prone skin.

To Read all 155 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/9/2016 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really like this shower oil. It smells nice, and seems lightly moisturizing, for a cleanser.

I think it is vastly overpriced for what it is, but I will use it in the winter for dry skin. Given that almond oil is pretty inexpensive, it seems I'm paying $26 for 8 ounces of almond extract.

It doesn't make the shower as slippery as I expected. It doesn't leave a nasty scummy ring like many an oil does either.

I have the small 2.5 ounce bottles, and I have a hard time getting the flip top to open while showering. The silver lining to this is I haven't had them open unexpectedly when traveling, and drenching everything.

I have given L'Occitane items as gifts often, and they have been popular. This almond shower oil has been the most popular.

on 7/3/2016 5:52:00 AM

I picked this up at Sephora after I smelled it. I knew I had to have it after I got a whiff of the amazing scent. To me, this smells expensive and there is a hint of play dough. I can't get enough of the smell. The oil itself works well to soften skin and impart a smooth texture after showering. I love this product. How did I not know how great this stuff was before? I've heard of it for years but never tried it. I was stupid.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This stuff is the bomb. It smells great and the consistency really cuts down on nicks and cuts from shaving. I still need lotion after that, but I don't care. It's totally overpriced and the packaging could use some work, but it's the best shaving product I've ever found. I've tried numerous shave gels and I don't find they do anything at all and some of them give me dry skin, so I'll pay more for a product like this.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got a small bottle of this in a 500 points perk set from Sephora. I really like shower oils but it seems my favourites have all vanished by the way-side - a lovely monoi one from Fruits and Passions; a "sleep" one from The Body Shop (it might have been more of a cream than an oil) and probably my favourite - from Cake Beauty. I work out at the gym a lot and practice hot yoga a lot and live in southern Ontario, where the summers are hot, humid, sticky and sweaty and the winters are cold and drying to the skin. Shower oils don't cut it for getting my "sweaty bits" (feet, underarms) as clean as I like but for the entire rest of my body - arms, legs, chest, neck, torso, thighs, etc. - they are BLISSFUL. And this one from L'Occitane is right up there in blissfulness. My skin feels soft and pampered (and because the set came with a body oil, I can further the pampering when I step out of the shower) and I adore the scent, which is unusual because as much as I love almonds, I dislike almond extract and general recoil from that almond extract scent. But this product has a lovely, soft scent that is more like the blossoms of the flowering almond tree. I will absolutely purchase the full size of this stuff and of the body oil as well.

on 3/11/2016 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is one of my favorite products ever but it's a little high maintenance.

-You should NOT leave this in the shower because water will emulsify the product and make it thinner/diminish its intended effects. No matter what packaging don't leave it in there.
-You SHOULD buy the super size when it comes out during the holidays because it's cheaper and has a pump
-If the pump freezes on you DO put in a bit of muscle and if that doesn't work over a few days call the company.
-Do NOT add too much water to the mix when shaving with it. It should still be thick enough to coat your skin but milky enough to make the passing razor glide with ease. Try it a few times to figure out what works best.
-Do take advantage of Sephora's sales, Dermstore, Skinstore promos! This stuff is expensive.
-Do NOT use as a shower gel unless you're rich. It's not worth it.
-AAAAAAAAAAND, Do NOT expect this to work like an in-shower moisturizer. It doesn't really moisturize me and I use it mostly as shaving cream. You will still need to use the Amande oil or lotion/oil/cream of your choice.

Oh, and it smells INCREDIBLE. I bought a package of sample L'Occitaine products from Sephora during the holidays for my honeymoon so now the scent is not only gorgeous but nostalgic as well. When I smell it it seems sweet, almond-y, with a green apple bite. It looks like something you'd buy from an apothecary and it really gives me the smoothest shave. I've been getting laser hair removal treatments (can I get an amen?) and I'm already missing it but I'll probably still buy it when I shave for exfoliation.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Here's a story involving this product:
I was on a road trip and I had packed a full bottle in my toiletry bag which was in a bin in my car.
For whatever reason (change of altitude?) the bottle exploded and probably marinated all the bin's contents for hours during a long drive. By the time I could check out the damage, the smell was like a bash in the head on a really hot day. Some of the oil dribbled in the car and even after cleaning everything several times, the smell left in the car was unbearable and it took after repeated washings which were ineffective and finally a full detailing which was bloody expensive and still several months before the smell was gone.

So.
It's a great product, just don't wash your ladybits with it or you will find yourself hopping from foot to foot and yelping like a caffeinated puppy for several minutes.
Used correctly however, it leaves the skin soft and gently scented for hours.

Sadly after the spillage incident I can no longer stand the smell... That's the only reason why I won't repurchase. And the packaging really should stand up to traveling.

I received this as a gift and I love it. I am a fan of oils (in and out of the shower) and of almonds, so this was right up my alley. I love the light hydration it provides in the shower. It is the perfect amount to be able to skip lotion after the shower (except in winter, though I live in a very cold and dry environment). It smells so nice, and lightly enough not to interfere with your fragrance (if you wear). It does not leave a residue. A little goes a long way, and it does emulsify nicely. I wish the flip-top on the small bottle was easier to open and close, however. I feel like I often have to use my teeth on it which I find really ridiculous. All in all, a lovely shower treat. I highly recommend! 👌🏻💜

on 1/9/2016 10:22:00 PM

I hate to be the dissenting voice, but I think it smells like gasoline. The texture Is nice for shaving, but I find the smell toxic. Not worth the money!!