Dior Dolce Vita

Dolce Vita

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

The more time that passes between present day and the early nineties, the more appealing and nostalgic this pretty fragrance becomes to me. About ten years ago, when I was searching for a smell-alike for Serge Lutens' Feminite du bois, I found it juicy, woody, sweet and light, and not archaic. Fairly modern; fairly timeless.
Now, compared with the syrupy fruity florals dominating the market, it's like a time capsule to the 90s: a scent that is light and airy enough to acknowledge the ozonic trends of the time, and the floral beauties of the past, whilst being an inoffensive gourmand oriental.
Almost savoury, in comparison to the likes of Black Opium and Poison Girl, but still sexy. By choosing this, you won't smell dated - but you will have one foot in the 90s, and that might be a good thing. As a kid still when this scent was popular, I don't recognise it, but I recognise its type.

So, what does it smell like? Coca cola, lilies, apricots, vanilla and creamy wood.

on 11/6/2016 3:35:00 PM

Dior destroyed a wonderful perfume. Hideous reformulation. It was my English teacher‘ s fragrance and I remember it very distinctly. Sunshine and happiness in a bottle it was!
Never buy untested the current stuff. In Europe, you are going to get sugared aniseed, with no projection and no staying power whatsoever. Older formulas still in production/on the market in the USA? I doubt, but if yes, you are lucky, it was a marvellous perfume!

on 8/3/2015 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Beautiful scent overall. One that makes me feel happy. It's soft, spicy, and warm. Optimistic. There's cinnamon, apricot, it's quite powdery. The lasting power is not excellent, but it's just a lovely scent. Top notes include lily, magnolia and rose followed by peach, apricot and cinnamon in its heart while the drydown notes are sandal, heliotrope and vanilla.

on 9/21/2014 1:16:00 PM

Gorgeous, elegant scent.....a rich lady on the first day of a long vacation. The scent of optimism, confidence and perfection. So underrated. Probably not for work, though, as it is a little too unique and not everyone will rejoice in your good fortune. I will always have this in my wardrobe.

This is one of Dior's best, and so underrated, I have owned it for many years and never tire of it. It's harder to find these days but it's worth the search.

It is a nice wearable scent of warm vanilla/amber. It's classy, rich, elegant and bold. I absolutely love it. Every time I wear it it puts me in a good mood...confident and sexy. Delicious.

The beautiful bottle is designed by Serge Mansau, the renowned French designer.

Hope they never stop making it!

This is an exquisite fragrance for the woman who doesn't want her scent to overpower. The beautiful bottle is designed by Serge Mansau, the renowned French designer.

on 5/26/2013 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

In the first few seconds this smelled like the distinctive and bombastic Keno Jungle to me. However, after a few minutes Dolce Vita devolved into a sweet and uninteresting fruity/woody/floral. Not bad, but not compelling. It's smooth, sugary, and sunny but so are a million other fragrances.

I got a mini set of Dior perfumes and Dolce Vita was the first one I wore. I really loved it. In no way overbearing, but a luscious woody, floral, semi-sweet dry down. The dry down reminded me of another perfume ... Burberry classic in the round bottle, creamy, buttery, woody, but Dolce Vita is 1000+ better. I can't really stand the Burberry one, yet DV manages to convert me.

on 12/15/2012 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely adore this fragrance and so does my boyfriend, who says it's the most feminine scent he has smelled. I smile every time i wear this, and it takes me back to my twenties when i smelled a sample in a magazine, it was a warm Summers night, and the smell just blended so well with the sun setting and it instantly made me feel happy and girly, but in a very womanly way, I will always have a bottle of this, its my favorite perfume of all time.

on 12/12/2012 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

euh....how can I say this?? Only THE best smell EVER?!?!? Feminine yet strong. Starts smelling like bubble gum but then quickly transforms into the most sensual, woody smell ever.

Popular Fragrances