mark. Glow Baby Glow Luxe in Melon Luxe

No Image

4.7

Amazing! I have to admit that I wasn't too sure about this one, even with the really good reviews. I already had a bright pink melon color from Mary Kay (melon rose) and assumed these would be similar. I was definitely wrong with that assumption. Melon Luxe looks less "melon" that I expected and more of a brighter pink, with a hint of melon to it. It looks quite bright, but when you apply it, it looks amazing. It gives color that's noticeable, yet more sheer and not too bright, so it's very wearable. I thought it would definitely be a "going out" type of color, but it works for daytime too. It's not even too bright to wear to work if you wear a lighter coat. If you apply more layers, it gets a little brighter. I put a little Lotus Luxe in the center of my lips after wearing Melon Luxe and the results was incredible. The two colors mix really well together. I have the mini size of this one, as well as a lot of others, and I'll definitely be buying the full size item when I run out, or before then! The mint scent is great too! Not overly sticky/goopey at all. It goes on very smooth and for around $5, what a bargain! I like the hook-up concept and it's worked well for me with other colors I've purchased.

I have to admit I really love this brand. Come on, if it's good for Lauren Conrad, then it must be good for me! This is a nice gloss. I can definitely see the resemblance with the MAC lustreglasses. I think I feel the mark Glow Baby Glow Luxe is a tad less sticky than MAC's. It's got a smoother texture. The color does look very intense in the tube, however, it's not that bad. It gives a slight fuschia tint to my lips, very subtle but very pretty. What makes this special are the very pretty sparkles. It seems that no matter how much lip gloss you put on, it's never over the top, cabaret girl sparkly! I love the minty smell, however this has no distinctive taste. The price you pay (8$CAN) is kind of expensive for the amount of product you get, but all in all, a great product. Would repurchase, and try out new colors.

on 9/25/2008 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this shade! It is a beautiful peachy-pink. My favorite thing is that Melon Luxe shows up on my pale lips, but it isn't too bright. Great for daytime, makes my teeth look even whiter, isn't sticky and has subtle shimmer. Just putting it on makes me feel prettier. Definitely worth a try...I'm on my 3rd tube! And it's only $5.

on 7/18/2008 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I tried this a couple of years ago and must've gotten a bad tube because it smelled horrible. I was hesitant to get it again because I was afraid the same thing would happen, but so far, it smells like mint, like the regular GBGs. The color works well alone and sheer or layered a bit. It's definitely sparkly, but it's not so gritty that I can't stand it. Will probably repurchase for days when I'm feeling extra girly.

on 10/18/2007 1:02:00 PM

you want this lip gloss! it is the shiniest gloss i have ever tried, and i have tried a few high end glosses (beats out MAC, bobbi brown, smashbox). it has tons of sparkles and goes on mostly sheer. the brush applies it perfectly, and a little goes a very long way. slight hint of mint scent.

on 9/1/2007 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Oh my beloved melon luxe! melon luxe, orchid luxe, and gold luxe are my fave out of the gbgl glosses...melon luxe is more pink and lighter than orchid luxe. It's such a GORGEOUS shimmery shade. If you love shimmery lips, then these are def for you. Melon luxe suits every skintone.

on 8/9/2007 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I suspect the Luxe glosses are mark's answer to MAC's Lustreglass. The Luxe glosses are so much better than the regular GBG glosses. The regular GBG glosses go on shiny and then after an hour they become dull and the previous shine has disappeared. Not to mention they bleed like crazy. The Luxe glosses stay just as shiny as when first applied and they aren't very sticky which is a plus. Don't feel heavy ,don't bleed,and the sparkliness is just great. Also bought Sun Luxe which I'm liking just as much. Will be buying more of these in the future.

on 7/20/2007 10:28:00 AM

I LOVE THIS GLOSS! I'm a mark rep and I had to have this. On me, it looks less peachy and more pink but it's beautiful nonetheless. When I first got it, I looked at the tube and thought maybe I had made a bad choice. I'm not a big fan of sparkles but it looks really pretty on. I love the brush applicator and wish they'd make all their glosses with one.

on 6/20/2007 1:04:00 PM

I'm LLL/BBB and this gorgeous melon-colored gloss with just a little sparkle is my new HG. As so many others users have said, this gloss has a great light scent and is not as sticky as other glosses, making it really easy to wear. I wish that all lip glosses of the future have a brush like this rather than a doe foot, because I have to use a mirror no matter what, and this really helps to get it right. Of course, it has to be reapplied regularly. Lip gloss used to make my lips look terrible, but this in combination with the mark. Kiss Xpert Lip Smoothing Treatment has changed all that! UPDATE 09/07: I decided that the sparkles were too much for me, as was the color. Will not repurchase.

on 5/16/2007 10:24:00 PM

i just signed up to be a mark rep since ive been liking and using a lot of their stuff lately. I got this based on the reviews, i LOVE it!! It is a peachy pink gloss with gold sparkles that does not at all look garish. it's EXACTLY the kind of shimmer that gives my lips oomph w/o making me look like i was playing with my kid sister's glittery kid make-up.

there is a very light sweet smell and it does not taste like anything at all. overall, a really nice gloss that makes me look fresh, flirty and just brightens up my face!