Aesop Fabulous Face Oil

Aesop Fabulous Face Oil

4.3

Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil, Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Linalool,Benzyl Benzoate, d-Limonene, Eugenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Benzyl Alcohol.

I have completely finished the bottle, it got me through winter!

This product is honestly fabulous. My skin has been amazing lately thanks to my new skincare routine, and I use this as my night time moisturiser. I wake up with perfect, glowy and gorgeous skin. I am hooked!

However I don't think I would repurchase, most possibly due to the price. There are so many oils out there and I am keen to discover more.

on 8/13/2016 9:31:00 AM

This is my first ever face oil product and I have to say that I am hooked. I have oily-combi skin and was reluctant to try face oils but wanted a moisturising product in a thinner consistency as opposed to cream textures.

Pros:
- Does not leave an oily feeling on my skin. You can control how oily it is by how many drops you use.

- Definitely saw an improvement to my dehydrated skin as I work in an air-conditioned environment. It works as a seal after my sunscreen and before makeup. My skin does not dry up as fast when I use this oil.

- A little goes a long way. I use one drop patted onto my neck and face in the morning, and that's enough for my skin because I apply a moisturiser underneath.

- The packaging - dropper is easy to use. Bottle does not leak. Great to bring on trips as a moisturiser. AND the Aesop packaging - need I say more? ; )

Cons:
- The scent.

The strong Ylang Ylang and Jasmine scent of this oil, mixed with the nut oils; might be a little too strong for some. I'd describe it to smelling like... I just went to the zoo. Lol! It smells a bit "animal-ish". It does disappear though.... after perhaps 20min.

- The price. But it's still more affordable than the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate.

How I use it:
- A.M. - Last step of skincare, after sunscreen.
- Night - Last step of skincare, after moisturiser.
- After using a facial sheet mask, I dab off the sticky residue from the mask and pat this oil on as a last step.

To Read all 26 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/23/2014 3:07:00 AM

Love this! I have quite a few face oils but I use this one on the days I use my other Aesop products, it makes me feel like I've been at a spa.

Leaves skin lovely and moisturised, but not too greasy. Soaks in really well. Would definitely keep this around.

on 6/29/2014 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

1. How long have I used it? About two weeks now, as my sole day and night moisturizer.
2. Does it smell good? Nope. I would describe the scent as a cross between baby wipes and dead flowers at a funeral home.
3. What does it feel like? It is an oil, but immediately after applying it my skin did not feel like it had oil sitting on it. It kinda throws you off at first if you're used to other oily face oils that give you the greasy feel. At first, I thought I didn't apply enough but alas this stuff just isn't meant to give you the greasy feel. No shine at all, it almost looked matte. Weird. It's very thin.
4. Is it moisturizing? Good enough for my oily/combo skin, but if you have extremely dry skin with wrinkles I don't know if this will be enough for you. You might want a thicker face oil. I have problems with flakiness around the nostrils and this didn't really help with that. My skin did not feel *baby soft* when I woke up, like it does when I use Caudalie (which I don't like for other reasons), but it didn't feel rough and patchy like it usually does.
4. Does it improve skin? After the first few days of using it, I did indeed notice a smoother skin texture overall and my hyperpigmentation appeared calmer and less flared up. However, this was a difference that only I probably noticed. It was not drastic enough to give me porcelain skin. But yes, I did indeed see a difference. I will update this review if I notice more long term improvements. No breakouts with this.
5. How does oil control hold up during the day? Shockingly impressive. I almost gave up on the new face oil trend because I was using crappy cheap face oils that just made me greasy (i.e. any of the face oils at Sephora). But my face oil was regulated with Aesop, without having used a toner or serum beneath.
6. Should you buy it? If you can afford it yes but I wouldn't make it a priority in my budget because it didn't magically turn my skin perfect over night. I'll buy it again if I notice gradual improvements in my skin over time.

on 5/29/2014 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Aesop Fabulous Oil is pretty fabulous.

Though I have been oil cleansing my face (as a 2 step cleanse) for the last 4 years, this is my first facial oil. Like many, I am initially skeptical of using oil on my acne prone face but now I am a convert. This oil is lightweight and it doesn't break me out, and for some reason I really like the scent.

I have been using this almost everyday for 3 months, and my normally congested skin is definitely clearer and should I get blemishes, they clear up rather quick. When used in the day, it kept my make up matte despite the sweltering heat and high humidity. Of cause this is not a miracle cure (but seriously what is?), I still get some congestions every now and then and it doesnt really fade my scars.

For night, I use about 3 drops as a serum before moisturing. For day, I mix in 1 drop into my day mosituriser or when I am using a tinited mosituriser, I use 3 drops & skip my regular day moisturer. If I have a blemish or a popped pimple, I will slather some oil over it. It heals much better & quicker than using a standard blemish gel. I know it is counterintuitive but it works.

Compared to many facial oils around, this is not cheap. But after using this for 3 months, twice a day almost everyday, it is only half gone. I think this is a great starter oil for those interested in adding oil into their skincare.

on 2/21/2014 9:08:00 AM

I really love facial oils for massage and rehydration over night and usually use the Clarins Blue Orchid oil, which I love. This one is far more expensive so it was a treat to try it and so far there are pros and cons. Firstly I hate the smell. To me the juniper is extremely strong and blended with the jasmine it is quite overpowering in a bad way. Smell is a personal thing though so others may love it. It is a very lightweight oil that doesn't feel heavy and greasy. 4 drops seems like the right measure for me. Initially I do get a red face on application with a slightly warm feeling...I am aware this is possibly a mild allergic reaction :( It does calm down though and I have noticed my skin has a lovely texture since I started using it. No break outs. The packaging is gorgeous, very decadent. I bought mine from the counter in Selfridge's and found the staff to be pretentious and rude. Overall I think it is a nice product but won't be repurchasing as it is outrageously expensive and I do not feel it is worth the extra cash above the Clarins.

on 2/14/2014 2:42:00 AM

Such a pitty this oil didn't work for me!
It smells very nice though a bit overpowering in the first minutes but it goes away. It has a luxurious feeling, rich. It hydrates my skin and makes it plump and glowy BUT it gives me pimples and irritated skin! So it is not for me.
You should try it , maybe it works for you!

Smells gorgeous and feels nourishing on the skin...I love using a couple of drops after my nightly serum in a pat pat motion, followed by moisturizer. My skin feels calm and beautifully hydrated in the morning. A bottle has lasted me over 3 months and I think it's an absolutely brilliant skin saviour, especially in drier months. Love it!

I really like this - the store assistant advised me that it would be good to mix with another moisturizer to give it a boost but I like it on its own - it sinks smoothly into the skin & leaves a matte finish- a little goes a long way. I've yet to use it long enough to see any long term benefits however..
A little pricey however , although Aesop is a lot cheaper in Australia where the brand originates from.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love facial oils, but at the beginning, I didn't love this. It didn't sink in as quickly, and in the morning, my skin didn't feel matte, just heavy. But then, I changed my application technique, and now I really love this product.

First, I take 3 drops onto clean fingers, and I rub them between both hands. I then press my fingers, depositing the oil on my forehead, nose, and cheeks. Using my fingers, I really massage the oil, spreading it from the centre of my face outwards and upwards, across the bridge of my eye brow, then down the sides of my neck under my ears. Basically, I'm trying to drain my lymphatic system. I make sure not to pull at my skin; with enough oil, my fingers glide on my face.

Immediately, redness has gone down, and the finish is matte. When I wake up, my skin feels soft and rested.

I love the ylang ylang aroma. I love the small, dark-glass pipette bottle that closes tightly, making it perfect for travel. It's such a pleasure to use this oil, but as I'm experimenting with different facial oils, I'm not sure I would repurchase. I have sensitive, oily-combination skin and after using this product for a year, I can definitely say that this is a great product.

Popular Face Skincare Products