Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Eggplant

No Image

I really wanted to like this--I use the Laura Mercier bleu marine cake eyeliner and love it. However, eggplant just didn't seem to have the same pigmentation. Even using the same brush and the same amount of water to tightline, it looked faded until I applied more layers. I just returned it for mahogany.

on 1/26/2006 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really love the LM cake eyeliners. I have the black and the brown and use them all the time. They are HG and have been for more than 3 years. When I saw this one I thought it would be a nice change. It is more subtle than the black is. Kind of a greyish purple. It doesn't look bad at all. But I prefer the black and brown still because the colours are richer looking. This is kind of blah on me (brown eyes, light olive skin). Also, it takes a bit more work to get the consistancy to be correct. I think it is a nice product, but this shade doesn't really do much for me.

on 7/21/2005 7:06:00 PM

I like this shade much better than her previous "aubergine" (which I swapped away, too red). Eggplant has similar tonality to TM #25 Deep Aubergine, but I prefer LM cake e/l formulation because it really stays put. Eggplant doesn't really show up as PURPLE on me since I use it mostly for tightlining, but it is a nice, softer alternative to Bleu Marine. I have to make a thicker paste with Eggplant before I apply it than I do with the other cake e/l colors to get it to show up.

on 5/27/2005 4:23:00 AM

Laura Mercier has discontinued her Aubergine eyeliner, which is a red-based purple. Now she is offering Eggplant, which is a blue-based violet liner. It's lovely, and a little easier to wear--it doesn't make your eyes look pink like Aubergine sometimes did. It looks best when paired with blue-based purples and cool-toned pinks, though. It looks a little odd if worn with purple shadow with too much of a red undertone. Very pretty.