MAC Frost Blush in Margin

MAC Frost Blush in Margin
Frost Blush in Margin6-pan MAC Fleurry Peachykeen Blossoming AfterduskPeach Blush ComparisonsFrost Blush in Margin

4.5

on 4/27/2017 12:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

If you are browsing blushes at MAC and see Margin among the other blushes, it doesn't look like much. It's a really light shimmery peach neutral. But this has become one of my favorite blushes. It imparts a really glowy finish to fair skin, and can be worn as a highlighter as well. I sometimes layer it over other blushes for a bit more color, but other wise it's perfect for a natural glow on it's own. This is definitely one of my top 5 MAC blushes and I would recommend it if you love peachy colors.

on 4/2/2017 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Looking at the pan, I would never grab Margin for my nw20, deep winter complexion (almost black 3N hair, brown eyes). It looked so orangey or terracotta like. But I was at MAC looking around wanting to try a new blush & MAC 's shade description of a peach with gold shimmer kind of intrigued me. Everytime I would ask for new blush recs too for my complexion this came up. But I figured no one had my issue of pulling orange / brown out of any shade that has a bit of them in it (in a bad way). Up to this point, I have gone through a Blushbaby phase (1999ish-2005), followed by Mocha and Dame (2005-20011ish). Then I went through a very cool toned phase with Well Dressed and Full of Joy because everything before started turning orange or ruddy on me. This winter (Jan 2017), I just wasn't feeling the cool toned look anymore and craved something different. I grabbed MAC Frankly Scarlet - gorgeous, my fave for a summer look, nude lip, but did not play nice with my pinks and purples. I bought NARS Deep Throat, beautiful peach with some shimmer, but it did look a bit peachy peach, not golden peach. As I am reviewing my blush history to the artist, the she pulls out Margin. I say, let's just try it even though I am sure it will be a shimmery terracotta mess on me. As she is getting ready to get it on me to try, another MA walks by and says, "oh yes! For complexion like ours this is a must" (he was the same coloring and pinkness as me). He then said, "it is like a subtle bronzer and blush in one for us". And that description pretty much nails the look it gave me. A barely there hint of color, not too orange or terracotta, but a definitely warmth to my cheeks and some ooomph. I love this for when I just need good glowy skin but not a strong blush. It is very versatile working with multiple looks. After all of these years of seeing Margin out there, so glad I finally gave it a try.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is a sheer peachy shimmery blush. The pigmentation isn't the greatest. I'm NC 15 and I have to really pack it on. The powder feels soft but almost like a stiff gelee formula where you get so little payoff. It is pretty on. It's similar to Tenderling which has been discontinued. I tried this blush years ago and it was a typical powdery blush. I wonder if the formula changed as it's so clay like now.

on 12/5/2016 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was looking for a peachy shimmer blush and lots of people suggested I try MAC Margin. I just received it in the mail, tried it out and was surprised how sheer it was. I really had to pack on this powder blush just to get a sheen to show up on my cheeks. I don't know if I got a defective one or not but this blush had no color payoff what so ever.. The shade looked beautiful on line. I sent it back to MAC and exchanged it for Melba. Hopefully I'll have better luck with that shade. For reference I have a light/medium, cool skin tone, around NW25.

on 5/2/2016 3:40:00 AM

I was looking for a sheer shimmery blush and that s what was given to me.i like it but don t love it.maybe it s to sheer for me.i need quite a lot of product to show.im nw20.but i think i would buy it again if i ran out. it actually is very beautiful with the right foundation.has the right amount of shimmer.gives a slight glow to the cheekbones.and is easily worn everyday

on 4/26/2016 5:53:00 PM

i got this blush in a holiday set a while ago and have only recently started using margin, but boy am i glad i did, in the pan it didn't look to appealing to me as im really fair skinned and this blush looks quite dark, but dont be fooled!! this blush works wonderfully with my fair complexion and gives an amazing peachy glow to my skin and doesnt look to ott and as its a frost blush the glitter particles are very subtle and the blush blends like a dream and extremely buildable!

its now my Go to blush and i couldnt live without it!

i like to pair it with macs soft and gentle mineralize highlight over top and it looks stunning!!! Nice packaging and not sure on the price as it came in a set i got for a gift but im sure its around the 20 dollar mark.

Please buy! wont be dissapointed! :)

on 4/25/2016 4:28:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

OMG this blush is LIFE! I bought this online based on seeing Youtube reviews without seeing it in person and it is a beautiful blush. It is a "frost" but the shimmers are so subtle and it gives a gorgeous glow. So perfect for summer!

on 1/27/2016 11:39:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've been using this blush in my regular rotation for almost a year now and I can't believe I haven't reviewed it yet!

I purchased this blush with Prism as I used to use Tenderling and when I went in to MAC they didn't have it anymore (NOTE: not totally sure if it's discontinued just my MAC store didn't have it anymore). The SA suggested a few different blushes which are similar to Tenderling, and then she also suggested this one just because of my skin tone and the fact that I sometimes want something with a little bit more to it - I'm at MAC so often they actually know how I do my make up and the products I tend to lean towards :|

Anyways, I loved this blush the very first time I used it. It is a frost blush, so don't over do it in any way. But I use it and then finish with Fix + and it makes my skin look dewy and naturally healthy pretty much all day long. It doesn't cause any issues for my skin, doesn't look completely fake either. It's a great colour for those of us who are really pale/fair and want some colour without looking like we put a blob of pink on our faces. It blends really nicely with the products I use on my face. I used to use Mineralized Skin Finish, but have since switched to the MAC Studio Fix Powder + Foundation (I forget the exact name of it, sorry) as my powder, and still use Studio Fix Fluid or Studio Sculpt as my foundation. I find this blush blends better with my new powder than it did with the mineralized skin finish, but that might just be me. I would definitely suggest this blush in your regular rotation if you have very fair skin with cool undertones. I don't know how it would look with warmer skin tones or for those of you who have a little darker skin tones (and as a reference: I have naturally very dark brown hair, almost black; before I lightened it I could have been snow white if I put on red lipstick. I am very pale).

Overall, fantastic blush! I hope they don't discontinue this one but if they do perhaps it would be another opportunity for me to discover another one of MAC's hidden gems.

I recently purchased this product and after a few days of using it, I think I have stumbled upon another holy-grail product. First of all, let's talk about the pigmentation: it's highly pigmentated - which I absolutely love - which means a tiny bit will definately go a long way and it will last for a longer period. Furthermore, the shade of this blush is to die for. It's a bronzed-peach which has a sheen; it gives the most delightful glow. It also stays on the skin for a longer time which is good for me as I would rather not touch up during the day. Finally, the formulation of the product is outstanding; it has such a creamy - velvet - formulation which makes me so happy.

Ultimately, this MAC blush is a forever treasure. If it ever gets discontinued, I'll actually cry.

on 12/16/2015 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this blush, it's extremely pigmented and as its a frost, it makes your cheeks glow. I do notice fine shimmer so if you don't like that, I recommend you try this one out first before purchasing. Price was not too back considering i bought the pro pan version for my palette. Overall, it's a lovely natural colour that's universal and will give a healthy glow