MAC Lipstick in Relic

No Image

3.7

Relic is a sheer grey/mauve with a hint of opalescent pearl. I've read other reviews of this lippie and noone has said anything about it looking mauve. On my lips it looks mauve a bit. I don't know why. On me t's like a washed out light super diluted mauve. It's kind of like coffee with a lot of cream in it with a bit of mauve. I like the color but tend not to wear it as I can't figure out what it looks good with (eyes).

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Had to give my opinion this is a light light light gray and there is no pink at all in it. I had two of these swapped one away and one got damaged by water. Do not miss either of them. Maybe if you are light complexioned but for me this did nothing. I was actually kinda happy with the water damage that let me get my insurance involved and I got money back for this one another another bad mac one (bcup) the pale lip is pretty but this says send me to the morgue stat!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I took a chance on this last night & man am I glad I did! This is such a gorgeous color. It reminds me of a discontinued Lancome shade that I used to love(Mica). It's a greyish-nude color with VERY subtle pinkish pearlescence. It's perfect for my ghetto-ass dark liner & pale l/s look. It's smooth & easy to wear too, and pretty long lasting. Are MAC's lipsticks supposed to be flavored or scented like the Lipglasses? B/c I swear I can detect a hint of something in this, though I can't put my finger on what. 5 stars though, great stuff. I only wish it wasn't so expensive. $14 is a lot to me.

on 11/29/2003 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great color, like Folio lite (spring/summer version!!) I wish the texture had a little bit more "oomph" to it, as it doesn't last very long on me. The subtle pink girlies it up a bit and takes the grey edge off.

on 2/25/2003 8:53:00 PM

I agree again with all reviews below, its got this funky disco pearl pink in it, and it's a nice transparent enough but true nude (not coral, i dunno how cosmetic co's call that a nude?).i wear it all the time...im a total addict to this kida color...Fresh Brew (also fomr MAC) looked nice also, similar but a bit more caramel.....

This is a shade lighter than Folio imo it is also somewhat prettier because it doesn't have as much gray, I'd say it's a light beige/taupe color with subtle pink shimmers through it, although at times it can look too gray.

Relic is a beige lippie with cool pink undertones and a bit of shimmer. Though it sounds scary, it's really a great nude color. It's all in the liner. I originally bought with oak which made it the exact color of my skin!! But when paired with stripdown (I'm a NC30) it makes a great light nude lippie. I top with C Thru lipglass when it's a little too understated.

This is one of my fave MAC lipsticks. If you have read some of my previous reviews you will see that even though I have tried every MAC lipstick, I have only really liked about half a dozen shades. This is one of them. Its a sheer shimmery beige with pink tones flashing through it. Hard to describe. I would almost say it looked taupey.

on 9/18/2002 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Pretty color but can look a little greyish on. Goes on nicely with a creamy texture and I like the subtle pink in it. I may return this one, however because it just may be too grey.

on 4/8/2002 10:00:00 PM

A beautiful cool-toned shimmery beige. This lippie is like CK's Greige except this one has a nice shimmer to it. Fabulous!