NYX Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Dark Brown

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/29/2017 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is not an eyeshadow pencil, it's an eye pencil, but since this is how it's listed I'll put my review here. It's not a new product by any means but I just discovered it in my quest for a better eyeliner. This makes a smoky eye easily and no shadow is needed. I just blend it with one of the pale, sheer eye crayons because on its own it is very thick and dark. I sort of dot it on and then blend a lighter shade to make it less bold. With the right blending it makes a magnificent smoky eye. You don't have to struggle to make it work. You can blend that line in seconds. I really hate eyeliner pencils that are too thin and hard or too greasy and wide. This one is my favourite now.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great dark brown shade and soft enough to use around my eyes for a nice smoky effect. It can smudge a bit but not a problem for me. When I don't feel like wearing black liquid eyeliner I reach for this pencil.

on 2/14/2016 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

602 dark brown is a true dark brown color. it has no reddish or orangeish tone to it, just pure blackened brown. i love it.

on 9/2/2015 3:01:00 AM

Color is matte, really good for smokey eyes effect. It's a dark brown, close to black. But I choose this because black would be too harsh on the eyes, but this dark brown was just good enough. It's very easy to blend.

I apply stronger on the outer corner and milder on the inner corner, and blend with a brush. The effect was as good as an ordinary eyeshadow, but the blending was SO easy! I am a beginner in eyeshadow blending, so this really deserves a thumbs up!

Really rich dark brown. Looks great alone. I haven't found a good matching powder eyeshadow to put on top and I don't think it needs one

Disappointed with how difficult to blend this is as the texture is nowhere near soft enough. Any jumbo sized pencil really needs the right consistency for good application and I find myself having to work a bit too hard with this one. I prefer to use something like Bobbi Brown's Long Wear cream shadow stick though these are much more expensive.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Im really impressed with this product...didnt think the colour would be as intense as it is & I didnt think it would be as creamy & as easy to use as it is.

I like that you can use this as an all over base for a deep smokey eye or as a liner to smudge out into a much thinner layer - its really very versatile.

They do have a slight odour however nothing too noticeable or unbearable at all. I would like to try some of the other colours as well however I would highly recommend this colour as a first to try out.

Im not 100% sold on the packaging - i think a twist up pencil would have been better but hey, its not the worst packaging either.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love using this pencil as a base for a nice smoky brown eye. I'll use this as an eyeliner sometimes and just smudge to get a suitable smoky eye for the day. I always this over an eyeshadow primer. Love nyx jumbo pencils!! Def will repurchase! :)

on 11/10/2011 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have extremely oily lids, so I only use this as a smudge-y, thick, eyeliner. That being said, I really love this product for that purpose. The color is a really nice dark chocolate color and has a slight shine to in (not so much a shimmer, just a glow). I really love the rough look it gives my eyes.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

a beautiful dark brown, great as a night out shadow base or for an intense look, I love to use it as a thick line then use a liquid black liner close to the lash line for a professional yet not too dramatic for the day