Sally Hansen Shineless Classic Translucent Loose Powder

No Image

4.6

on 6/28/2009 8:30:00 AM

Wow I can't believe this isn't raved about! this is my HG forever. I love, love, love this powder. It has staying power like crazy, it looks beautiful--it DOES NOT CAKE! i like the smell, to be honest....I alwys stock up. usually it's with the sally hansen stuff. I sometimes find it at Walgreens, but it's only reliably at Ulta stores from my experience.

This powder really does its job. It controls shine and sets makeup and doesn't get the least bit cakey. However, I think that it matte-ifies TOO well. I wear it over my MAC moisturecover and MAC Studio Fix and it dulls over the beautiful dewy effect of the other makeup. Also, the little fluff that comes with it is pretty useless. I have my own brush to apply. I'm definitely going to try other powders after this one runs out. Otherwise, I would definitely recommend this powder if you're looking for an everyday powder that controls shine.

on 12/30/2007 3:44:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this product! I've been using it for years..since I was in Jr. High school and I'm 43 now. This powder doesn't feel heavy after a few hours, and feels very comfortable on my skin, doesn't get cakey and I also like the fact that it doesn't have an annoying fragrance.

The Walmart where I live carries it again..they stopped for a while but thankfully brought it back, probably because a lot of people kept asking for it.

And I love the No Color shade.. they meant it when they said it had no color.

I'll continue using this powder for as long as they make it..I love it!

on 2/16/2008 8:59:00 PM

I've tried so many powders and keep coming back to this. It covers shine great, and doesn't get cakey. It's getting harder to find though because WM doesn't carry it anymore.
I like the puff that comes with it if it would last longer. Would also like a loose travel dispenser for my purse. I think they used to have one, but I can't find it anymore.

on 2/24/2008 3:23:00 PM

This is a review for the Cornsilk Translucent Loose Powder. I like this powder. It controls oil and is easy to apply. It's cheap about (6$) , and works well. The only thing that drives me crazy is the packaging.I can't carry i with me without it spilling everywhere! Also, it has a little bit of a sparkle to it which i don't like. But overall very good product

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this powder a long time ago, and I guess they don't really sell it much anymore!
I didn't realize its a Sally Hansen product!
Its pretty light, coverage is minimal at best. I have oily skin so nothing really works on me anyway...
I have had it for so long that I don't even know what to compare it to, I am finally running out and although I did like this powder I feel like I might have to look for one of those mineral powders which seem to be the rage these days!
better keep up with the times so I don't look dated!

on 4/14/2007 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this stuff!! I used it in high school, and for some reason stopped. I saw it again at CVS the other day and decided to pick it up on a whim. I am so glad I did!! :) Now I remember why I loved this stuff so much. I have oily skin and this stuff really does keep it at bay. It really is "no color" and does not change your makeup or make it cakey. Since it is a loose powder, it really is not very pratical to carry this around in your purse with you (though I suppose you could if you were so inclined) but you don't really need to in my experience because this stuff lasts all day!(However, I carry around Clinique's Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder for emergency touch ups) I use a kabuki brush instead of the puff it comes with. I will def buy again, so glad I rediscovered this stuff! ♥

on 12/5/2007 5:35:00 PM

I have used this since I started wearing powder at the age of 13, and I am now 32. I have strayed a couple of times but that doesn't last long. This powder sets my foundation flawlessly, controls shine, and gives a healthy glow (neither matte nor shiny). I had to get mine at Walgreens the last time I repurchased because my local Wal Mart quit carrying it. Just like WM, they get rid of everything I like! I will keep using this until it is no longer available, and hopefully that will be a very long time from now.

on 5/18/2007 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using Cornsilk loose powder for a long time and it just keeps disappearing from stores, which I hate!! I love the smell and the color usually matches pretty well, although I can never remember which color I have. I didn't give it a 5 because I usually start to notice oil after a few hours but it's nothing that's just completely awful. I'm not sure if it's this powder or if it's me because I've not tried much of anything else. I think I might try airspun next. I do like the little bit of shimmer to it and it goes on pretty well. Just wish I could find it more easily.

i like this...i like that its no color really is no color..it doesnt disturb my powder or blush....and it does control the oilies...my skin is exceptionally oily...and i would say that this powder does a pretty good job of keeping the oilies at bay till at least the afternoon...oh and it does not break me out!!