Dior Diorskin Airflash

Dior Diorskin Airflash

3.9

Butane, Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propane, Nylon-12, Cocoglycerides, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Glycerin, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum/Magnesium Hydroxide Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Propylparaben, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Zinc Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Tocopherol, Benzyl Salicylate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol.

Took me awhile to purchase this foundation, I mean $62 dollars for a foundation is A LOT. But, decided to spoil myself on recent Sephora trip since it was my bday weekend. I was matched with Medium Beige 300, perfect match for MAC NC 30 to NC 35.

Now onto the product itself. It can be sprayed directly onto face but that's messy and waste too much product. I spray the foundation onto back of my hand, then dot it onto my cheeks, forehead and neck. Then blend it all in with the beauty blender. OMG, this technique gives you the best coverage and most airbrushed look. The foundation itself has a very natural skin satin matte finish.

Once blended in, I apply my UD Weightless concealer (another HG product) and other creams then set everything with Laura Mercier translucent loose powder. Bake undereyes, center of forehead, down the nose and under cheek contour. Dust everything away. Apply blush and set with skindinavia or UD all nighter. My full glam is locked it place and doesn't come off till I remove it.

If you have the $$$ or get a gift card during bday. Definitely try out this foundation.

on 7/21/2016 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is truly an amazing foundation! You need to know how to use it. I spray it on my hand and apply with a foundation brush. It looks natural and has adjustable coverage. You *can* spray directly on your face, but it may end up in your hair or on your clothes if you aren't careful. It comes in a 70 mL can, which lasts a while.

To Read all 409 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/24/2016 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm 35 and I've never worn foundation before, mostly because I want my skin to look uncoated. I assumed foundation would look too coated for me. But I wanted to try wearing a foundation in my sister's wedding. I have large pores on my cheeks and a shiny t-zone than I want to de-emphasize in bridesmaid/wedding photos.

I admit I didn't look very hard before I chose this one. I was clicking around nordstrom.com, saw this, thought the description sounded really nice, went to youtube to get foundation recommendations in general, searched for "best foundation for large pores" - and the first video I watched was Wayne Goss in love with Dior Airflash and gushing about how realistic the finish was. So I bought it.

I do not mind at all that it's expensive - I'd much rather splurge on one thing that I will probably love, instead of trying multiple less expensive products and not loving any of them.

I used youtube videos and blog swatches to to guess my shade since I don't have a Nordstrom store nearby. In hindsight maybe Nordstrom chat could have helped me with that, but I guessed on my own. I guessed 300 medium beige for caucasian skin type III in summer with a slight tan. I think that was a very good guess. 300 is just a little less pink than me and that's just what I wanted. I think if I buy again in winter I should try 200 light beige because I am more pale in winter.

I sprayed it on a brush and then brushed it on - I LOVE it! It de-emphasized my pores, and evened out my color variations, and gave everything a really nice satin finish, not matte but not shiny either...and the finish was so realistic that when I was done I wasn't even sure if I had put it on at all. I felt very photogenic but at the same time I could barely tell that I was wearing it. That's pretty much exactly what I wanted.

I was nervous about how my skin would react to the large number of unfamiliar ingredients - but it was fine. I have sensitive skin, and this has a lot of ingredients that I have never tried before on myself. The ingredient list actually makes it sound like lighter fluid instead of makeup. Butane etc. Normally I avoid untried ingredients. But it was fine. I wore it for 24 hours with no irritation at all.

I like that it's paraben-free. That is one group of ingredients that I prefer to avoid for various reasons.

I also like that there is no sunscreen in it. I know a lot of people prefer sunscreen in their foundation but I prefer no sunscreen.

Staying power was excellent on me, but difficult to judge because the finish is so realistic and my color was a good match. I actually thought it was gone and rubbed off after 24 hours because I couldn't see it close up in the mirror. But when I washed my face I saw my large pores / pink cheeks / subtle color variations / shiny t-zone all go back to the way they were before I applied it, so I know it was still there. Just so realistic-looking that it was hard to tell it was on me at all.

on 6/3/2016 9:09:00 PM

It's the best foundation ever, covers up everything. You look like you airbrushed your skin with a diffuser and filter. So so lightweight, but so heavy duty. Doesn't even budge ever. Only issue is, it's just quite expensive!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am fair skinned and the lightest shade 100, was just about right for me. It's easy to waste this if you're feeling lazy (like me) and don't spray it onto a brush first, but it's such a great product to achieve a flawless finish very quickly and easily. It is expensive in that it is a lot easier to go through than a cream foundation, but it is a really lovely foundation that I'll buy again one day!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Overpriced but worth it.
Love this foundation! Gives light coverage whilst looking so natural, perfect for the daytime. Would love it so much more if it was more reasonably priced. Frustrating to pay a premium for something that does not last long at all.

I loved the Dior air flash foundation! It has amazing coverage without using a lot of product. One unit typically lasts me two months! It has a flawless finish. Non greasy and light weight.

on 4/7/2016 6:04:00 PM

This is by far the best foundation I've ever used. I can not see myself using anything else in a foreseeable future. I have a combination skin with oily T-zone and dry patches in some areas, but Airflash just covered everything beautifully creating even, natural looking and polished complexion. Definitely an airbrushed yet natural looking effect. Perfect.

Coverage is rather sheer with one application but it's buildable and adding a bit (or even much) more still doesn't make my face looking mask-like. It is slightly on a dewy side but I didn't set it with a powder, since I've noticed that it goes more matte after an hour or so. It stayed like this and unchanged for another 8 hours until I removed my makeup.

It feels very light on the skin and leaves it soft and moisturized.

As for the application, I know the whole point is to spray it directly on the face, however, I don't find it working well, since I have very little control over the application and also, you will waste a terrible amount of product this way. Instead, I spray it directly onto a flat top stippling brush and it works beautifully.

The price, in my opinion, is very reasonable. It is a high end foundation and you normally expect them to cost a bit more than those drugstore ones, yet you get twice as much product as you do with other foundations from the similar level.

The only complaint is the colour range. I am fair/medium skin with slight yellow undertone. The lightest shade (100 ivory) is far too light for me, whereas light beige 200 is too dark and too peachy. 201 linen is somewhat in between, however this one appears far too yellow on my skin. I went for 200 and it will be great for summer, but God knows what am I gonna do in winter!

I would highly recommend trying this out as it really is a great product.

OOOH....this is a hard one to review. I've only used it a few times but firstly, color wise, there are only really 3 shades : light, medium, dark. I am fair skinned so opted for the lightest. I applied it onto my firm blusher brush and then blended it quickly in. Wow. My pores were invisible and it feels cool. Looking at my brush, I gasped slightly as it was orangey but it applied Ivory, so the color is very good for cooler seasons.
However, this is definitely not for dry skins. After a few hours, it 'glows' slightly but it takes awhile. I usually use Dior 'Star' which is very dewy; this isn't. It's semi Matt, but wow, it gives skin the most incredible look. Flawless. Absolutely flawless. Feels ever so slightly 'mask-like' but my pores were invisible and my skin looked as though it had been 'polished' almost,
Not my choice for everyday use though. We're it not drying, I would use this daily. It's worth every penny in my opinion. It's uber flattering but - my skin needs something less drying and more dewy for everyday use.

on 3/27/2016 4:35:00 PM

This foundation is amazing as it gives good coverage WHILE LOOKING LIKE SKIN. This would have been perfect for me as I hate being able to tell I have makeup on my skin. The packaging is a bit plain as it is just a aerosol can and I really hate the spray applicator. I gave it a low rating due to the lack of shades as I am very pale and 001 was too orange on me and I refuse to have an orange face and a white neck. But if you are in their shade range go for it because it is such a nice foundation.