Dior Diorskin Airflash

Dior Diorskin Airflash
Diorskin AirflashDiorskin Airflash

Butane, Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propane, Nylon-12, Cocoglycerides, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Glycerin, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum/Magnesium Hydroxide Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Propylparaben, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Zinc Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Tocopherol, Benzyl Salicylate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Absolutely amazing. Crème de la crème of foundations. I have extremely dry (think flaky, red, irritated) skin, and am also extremely acne-prone (I know, I won the skin lottery), and this works perfectly. It covers everything that I want it to, and makes your skin look poreless/airbrushed. I have tried almost every popular foundation that there is and nothing compares to this. The only one flaw is that it breaks me out a little. Not majorly, but a little. Other foundations have definitely broken me out more. I need to be a lot more rigorous with my skincare routine while using this but that isn't a problem. Also, yes it's expensive, but it's worth it. You also get 70mL of product compared to the standard 30mL that you get with most other foundations. Try it!

I tried and tried to like this but I just don't. I tried applying it multiple ways. I'm surprised at all the great reviews.

To Read all 419 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

There is nothing like this besides Sephora cheaper version which was way too Orange for my skin (yellow undertone).This is a example of where less is more. Do not cake it on, go layer by layer until you achieve the look you desire. I apply by spraying in to a paper bowl then applying with a mink fur foundation brush. I like to look natural for day to day so apply very thinly and sparingly. I have pretty great skin to begin with but this makes it photo ready Flawless. Not shinny, not cakey, not ashy. I use MAC concealer underneath for eyes, blemishes. Its last for hours and prefer over liquid foundation. Its expensive but what choice do you have especially if Sephora doesn't have your color. It says Mocha but I am Caramel and always come up as a match for Caramel in any other line of foundation.Fore reference in MAC NW 43. My friend who is truly Mocha this was not a match. They need to expand their colors for WOC. Love that it has a yellow base and not Red.I also have sensitive skin and this does not break me out. Unlike some MAC products I have used.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This was my first ever airbrush type foundation ever. I picked out up about 6 weeks ago at Sephora because I'm always on the hunt for something better, even if I'm happy with whatever current foundation I'm using (was using Too Faced Born This Way at the time) I feel in love immediately. It gives medium to full coverage but sits light on the skin. One drawback to any foundation that is thin like this is that it could sink into pores and emphasize them if you don't moisturize and prime first. It needs something solid to lay on. It's very buildable with minimum cakiness. Very buffable, as well. It has a nice scent a it's sprayed but it goes away fast. The color selection is not huge. I had to settle for a shade a tad too light for me so what I did is purchase the Sephora version of this in a slightly darker color and lightly go over the Airflash with it. They play very well together. No pilling or rolling or streaking when mixing the two. Speaking of which, the Airflash plays well with any primer and moisturizers. I'm into the whole Korean skincare regimen and I layer a lot of serums and lotions, I've had zero pilling and rolling when blending it out. Nothing pisses me off more to have that happen with a foundation. Airflash is pricey, but with that price tag comes a beautiful finish that's easy too use and when used wisely, it should last a decent amount of time. To conserve the product, spray on brush or BB, not directly on face. I love it and will continue to purchase.

This is one of those products that you love or hate. Hate cause you will ran out of it and have to go buy another 62 dolar can.It does make your skin look like a dream,like really healthy glowy non make up type of way,if you use it sparingly that is.
I dont spray much of it,on my cheeks,chin and forehead only once,I blend it with a dense brush and thats it. I set my under eye concealer but thats all. I dont powder this foundation since all the luminosity is gone if you do that.

Im in the shade 301 blond sable and its a perfect match for me,the problem is when I spray it it looks like I have nothing on,cause its literaly like my skin colour. For reference im C3 in Mac Face and Body,or Nc 25 to 30. I bought this foundation online like most of my make up and I have never tried it on or tested it out before,but from reading other reviews noticed that people complained on the colour range,and the fact there are only ten shades to choose from. Maybe better to try it out beofre buying it online like me.

Moisturise well,not with the oils doesnt work well together. And it just disapears of your face.I use Clarins day cream or just about any other cream that suits you and your type of skin. I have dry to normal and this foundation serves me well. No dry,patches no large pores as some others have stated in their reviews. It seems to wear of after a few hours wich I dont really like, you can do touch ups during the day to keep it looking amazing.

Its so easy to work with,I have a toddler and a small baby and this is the quickest and the best foundation for me that makes my skin look amazing. Happy I bought it although it took me a while to let myself spend all that money on a foundation,still Im very pleased but I will come back to this review to writte down how long this can lasted me.

on 10/10/2016 1:12:00 AM

This product is everything!!!

on 10/9/2016 8:35:00 PM

Holy Grail Status.

I've been trying everything. Estée Lauder Double wear. Armani Luminous Silk. Loreal True Match. MAC. Revlon Color Stay, Cover Fx Custom Cover Drops. All of this done in the search of a natural looking skin like foundation.

My skin is pretty textured right now with scars from acne still lingering on my cheeks, clogged bumps under the skin due to new cleansers, and just all around unevenness. It hasn't been fun. I also have a tiny bit of redness in my NC-15 shade skin, N-10 in Cover fx, N1 in True Match. Add in lackluster, dehydrated, skin and yeah it's making for a poor looking month.

Even so I was on the lookout for a slightly luminous Demi matte finish that looked natural but covered all my problems.

I first learned about Dior air flash through Wayne Goss but thought 62$ for foundation in a can? Holy Cow. But lately I learned just how amazing Dior was when I got into the lip glow products. Then I bought a lipstick. And then I returned to that review and many more. I came here and read reviews, checked out YouTube, Reddit, etc. then I took the plunge.

I tried deciding on 100 and 200 with the testers. I was nervous to see that 100 Linen was too dark and a bit too tan. Then I tried 200 Light beige and thought it could be a better match. I tested with a Sephora employee who honestly thought the testers had been switched because of how dark 100 was vs 200. She confirmed it was the better match and off I went.

I did a trial run at home and was shocked how effortlessly this went on. I used an Atist knockoff, size of the second largest oval, and effortlessly buffed it into my skin. I need two sprays, sprayed directly into the brush, to get an all over even coverage. Even my boyfriend, who always tells me when my makeup looks heavy or cakey or doesn't match my skin, told me he loved this the best. Even in direct sunlight, which is my worst enemy in revealing every texture flaw, was flattering.

However, as much as I love the look and coverage, I will note that it can look a bit drying on the skin. It really dries down to a powder like cling after a couple hours. On my current dry skin it does need a refresh, a spritz of rose water, to make it look like new again.

Sorry for the long review but I'm honestly in love with a foundation for the first time, though Mac face and body is a close second.

5/5

on 9/1/2016 5:51:00 AM

Out of all the foundations I've tried which is quite a lot this is definitely one of the best! I use it by spraying on a Morphe Buffer brush M439 and it goes on so flawlessly. I spray three small bursts for my entire face so it goes a long way. It stays on perfectly all day, I don't get those horrible cracks under the eye area or orangey patches and it smells pleasant enough. Only thing I don't like is the fact I have no idea how much is left in the can but I can live with that if it means having a good foundation I'm totally happy with.
It looks so light and luminous on the skin although I was sure it was too light for me when I was matched in store but in fact it's such an exact match that it looks like I'm not wearing anything. It completely evened out my complexion with a warm glow. Can't rate this product enough! This is definitely worth the money and is now my go to foundation :)

on 8/23/2016 12:13:00 AM

Super fine makeup that sits very well. Would say good coverage and build-able to med-full coverage. Takes awhile to get used to container and application. Best application method i've found is: spray onto flat brush and wipe on gently, then an extra one/two direct sprays on nose area, then pat in. I set with minimal amount of powder and kinda press it in more than brush it on. I find this makeup needs more attention during the day (touch-ups) but the trade off is gorgeous makeup and skin. Just take the foundation brush with you out and touch up with that, no need for the container as well.

on 8/18/2016 1:00:00 AM

My favorite, favorite, FAVORITE foundation. Is it because I'm lazy? Who knows. But I love the way it makes my skin look and feel. I'm shiny and dewy and dazzling after I spray my face with air flash....which is what I want to be as a dry skin girl who is obsessed with shiny skin; we always want what we can't have! I used the dior CC primer (also a spray) with this and I had full coverage, long lasting glowy goodness all day long.

The coverage is extremely buildable. And even though it's a mist---SURPRISINGLY--a little bit goes a long way. Spraying it onto a brush and buffing it into your skin will seriously make you look like a movie star. However, as I implied earlier, I can be lazy and am usually always rushing off somewhere, so I just close my eyes, hold my breath, and mist it onto my face. Blend it in with a brush or my fingers and I'm fully covered and lovely and ready to go in no time at all. It's perfect for me.

It should be noted that my skin can be a liiiiittle tricky what with lady hormones and all sometimes----Airflash never broke me out, and did a great job covering old red marks and hyperpigmentation that I usually need concealer for. Seriously, have I mentioned how baffled I am that such a fine mist can cover so well?!

However. While I can't knock this product at all, there are Some things to be wary of for others, since we are not all the same:
If you have oily skin, I can see this potentially making your face look like an oil slick. I have dry skin that sops up all moisture, and this made me look a little slip-slidey before I set with powder. I mean, glowy is great, but I don't think any body wants to look wet. That may be a hypothetical issue.
The shades may be a little limited for some. Cameo is a bit too light for me but I can make it work since the formula is very blendable and smooth. Going to a darker shade is out of the question because there's too big of a disparity between shades and it would be way too dark for me; I'm not about that. It's so much easier to make a lighter shade work for your skin! Still, an "exact match" may be out of the question for some folks; but I feel the blendability (is that even a real word?) evens out the issue.
And of course, the price. Even though this foundation lasts quite a long time---like seriously, I can't believe that a fine mist like this can have such a high coverage payoff----it's hard to realistically justify Dior prices for the average person regardless of how great their products are. For me, I'm ok with budgeting myself every couple of months for when I need to stock up. (If you purchase through a dept store/conglomerate retailer like I normally do, you may be able to earn points and discounts on a rewards card that can help.) I get that doing that is not for everyone and others can think of better things to budget towards.

Still, none of these potential cons effect me personally and I hope Dior never stops making this product, or its friend: the lovely CC primer. Air flash works for me and gives me the EXACT dewy finish I long for, full coverage and long lasting in an instant. Can't live without it.