Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

4.6

Talc,Bismuth Subgallate, Kaolin, Zinc Oxide,Calcium Carbonate,Magnesium Carbonate,Zinc Stearate,Sulfur

on 6/7/2016 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have oily to combination skin and some troubled spots. Day 2 of using this - whiteheads and ubder the skin spots are less noticeable. I look dewy and people asking which foundation I am wearing. i will update this after a month of usage but absolutely loving it so far!

on 4/26/2016 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Neutralizes redness, soothes, absorbs oil, and completely disappears. One of my sons has horrible acne and he's tried everything, including regular use of Retin-A. His skin is very sensitive and it reacts to everything, but so far he's had the best luck with Mario Badescu's sulfur products. He doesn't like stuff on his face, but he will use this powder because he can't see it or feel it. It does a great job of neutralizing all the redness on his skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is a really good powder for keeping oiliness at bay. I don't know whether it does help with blemishes because I use other products for that. But I use this powder everyday, even when I don't wear makeup. it's fragrance free. and I use a face brush instead of the puff.

on 3/7/2014 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a pretty great powder!

Does what is says and after applying this it's almost impossible to look oily.
I haven't been using it long enough to see if it's helped my acne, but i use this on my tone zone and it's kept my acne at bay with NO OILINESS. The only con is it doesn't really work well with makeup I find. Over foundation it's great especially as a setting powder but if I try to apply blush or bronzer it look's splotchy if I've applied this powder.

Definitely recommended!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this HG powder except I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate the packaging. I've got combo skin that tends to get oily around my nose when I get busy at work bartending. I used to have to carry oil blotting papers in my work apron just to take the oily shine away but after using this powder I find myself not getting oily at all and haven't had a need to use blotting papers. I use the powder on my t-zone after I apply my liquid foundation. I'm an nc35 so this yellow powder blends well with my skin. After I use this I apply my contour bronzer, blush, highlighter and then a finishing powder (either Halo or Fresh's face luster). I find that on days when I forget to use this my nose WILL get oily which means that this powder does really work. My main gripe with the product is that it is extremely messy and isn't very transportable since the powder goes everywhere. I just leave mine open on my makeup vanity, use a powder brush to pick up some powder in the canister and use the lid in an upside down position to catch the excess powder that I tap off. Don't even bother using the powder puff this product comes with since its useless. I highly recommend this to anyone who gets oily. It works wonders. I will definitely repurchase when I run out which seems like it won't happen for at least a year since there is so much product in the container. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

on 10/22/2012 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is by far the best powder out there! I use it over my make up and I don't get shiny or oily for at least 8 hours! And that's a miracle with my very oily skin! On top, it does not irritate your skin like some other powders do. Perfect for oily, acne prone skin, I love it!!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

this is a great powder for the summer and for blemishes all year round. i started using this on spots that turned a little red- just dipped a concealer brush in it and applied right to spot. it really seemed to take the red out! over the summer, this is amazing as a finishing powder. i sweep it over my T-zone, and it keeps me shine free. it also controls any little bumps in that area from extra oil or heat! i have extremely sensitive normal to dry skin, and this hasn't dried me out or irritated me. it's great!

on 7/18/2005 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I think I've finally found an answer to my powder-prayers! I really love this powder..and I'll tell you why:
I have medium oily/acne prone skin. I never have liked the feeling of wearing powder, pressed or loose. I bought this on a whim while buying other MB products. I have come to a point where I am really liking my skin, but it's just a bit bumpy and oily. This has cured that.
After a morning wash and product application, I use this on my t-zone and around the sides of my face. It helps absorb the oil, and the tone of the powder cuts any redness in my face. Best of all, it's very light and I dare say I don't feel like I have anything on at all. On especially hot days, I might use this again in the late afternoon to combat more oiliness.
I will repurchase this, but I have been using the same container for almost eight months and it's only a bit over half gone. I do change the powder puff once a month.
One tip: Alot goes a long ways, put too much on your puff and you'll look ghostly. I am medium skinned, so if you're light, it won't matter. Tap you puff off though, or you'll end up using way more than you need.