Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

Talc,Bismuth Subgallate, Kaolin, Zinc Oxide,Calcium Carbonate,Magnesium Carbonate,Zinc Stearate,Sulfur

on 4/26/2016 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Neutralizes redness, soothes, absorbs oil, and completely disappears. One of my sons has horrible acne and he's tried everything, including regular use of Retin-A. His skin is very sensitive and it reacts to everything, but so far he's had the best luck with Mario Badescu's sulfur products. He doesn't like stuff on his face, but he will use this powder because he can't see it or feel it. It does a great job of neutralizing all the redness on his skin.

on 1/31/2016 4:42:00 PM

I purchased this after I ran out of ELF's mineral blemish powder and realized with great disappointment that that $3 gem had been discontinued since the last time I bought it. I didn't want to fork out $18 for the Bare Minerals' version and decided to try this one since it was $12 and a half ounce rather than third ounce jar.

I don't wear setting powder, just cc cream + powder bronzer, but have fairly regular breakouts on my chin. I use a stick concealer on them and like to "set" them with a non irritating sulfur powder (like ELF's or now Mario's) so that there's a layer between the concealer and the bronzer, especially one that may be helping to heal the blemish faster.

Some reviews of this said it made their face appear green-tinged or caused their bronzer or blush to turn colors. That may happen if you use it all over, but if you just apply this slightly green powder with a small brush directly to problem spots, it isn't an issue. This has worked very nicely for me based on what I wanted. It seems to help blemishes subside faster, sets my concealer, and doesn't affect the coloring of my other makeup.

This powder jar is generously sized for the type of product at 0.5 ounce and will last forever. It does have a sifter on top and I tend to tap my brush (a puff is included but a brush is not - I just use a $1 ELF concealer brush) against the inside of the lid to dust off excess powder.

Recommend!

on 7/30/2015 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just bought this product yesterday and noticed that on the ingredients list that sulfur wasn't on there like on the MB website????
I bought the product for the sulfur!
Does anyone know what's going on?

This is a great product to use when you have been bad and popped a pimple and and oozing. It will stop the oozing, antibacterial properties, and dry up the spot. Wish I had found this years ago.

on 10/27/2013 11:37:00 PM

For my first five or so uses of applying this on top of my foundation, I thought this powder was useless. No effect on acne or oiliness. It also has an unfortunate greenish tint which ruins any glowy/bronzed tint and even imparts a wan look. Not pretty. I almost threw it out until I tried one last ditch effort. STEP 1: apply powder sparingly after moisturizer has set into skin. STEP 2: apply foundation (I used liquid) on top of special healing powder, continue with blush, etc.

Something about the sulfur sitting directly on top of skin and in between makeup really made a difference for me. Plus the greenish tint neutralizes acne redness this way and I was surprised the powder didn't make my makeup cake. Foundation usually irritates my sensitive skin so the barrier is a bonus. I also happen to be experiencing pregnancy related hormonal cysts and this powder (along with De La Cruz Sulfur Ointment -best OTC acne treatment ever) is healing the cysts, so I suspect it would really help with less severe kinds of acne.

on 4/25/2012 1:52:00 PM

Not too impressed, didnt really notice any long term effects from use as my chin still got oily at its normal time of day & it broke me out. I could never get over the yellowish tint it left my skin & settling into every single crack making my face look even drier in spots (darn that combo skin). No worries sent it off to swapping!

on 10/8/2010 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

i like this product, but the description compared to the ingredients leaves me with a lot of questions.

This is copied from the product description on the MB site:

"Heal and conceal acne breakouts with this specially formulated, Sulfur based powder that absorbs excess oil and reduces redness and irritation caused by breakouts."

This is the ingredients list, also copied from the MB site:

Talc, Kaolin,Calcium Carbonate,Bismuth Subgallate

source URL: http://www.mariobadescu.com/special-healing-powder

Note the term *sulfur based powder* in the description. The bizarre thing here is that there is NO sulfur in the ing list so what's going on here? One or both must be misleading and it makes me suspicious and reluctant to use other products from this brand. That said, i like how this works. I just have no idea what it really contains and i'm left with the impression that the company can't be trusted to accurately declare ingredients or not lie about product features.

on 6/23/2010 11:34:00 AM

I ordered this item from www.beautybay.com from reading the reviews on here. I paid 9.75.
I mainly wanted it to dry up current spots/help prevent new ones and held reduce shine caused by my very oily skin.
I've been using it for a few weeks now. I first tried applying all over after foundation with a brush - i didnt even attempt to use the puff that it came with.. i threw this away as its rather messy and takes up alot of product. I didnt find that it controlled my shine much, i use it in conjunction with Kryolan anti shine powder, which i find it more effective than normal pressed powders. I then decided to dap on individual spots with a cotton bud, i found it to conceal the spot and redness and also dry up the blemish. I feel that my skin has cleared quite a bit as a result and its definately less bumpy (not as many spots noticable under the skin). I feel its worth the money spent as should last quite a while, although the packaging doesnt make it great to carry around in my makeup bag..but i only put it on in the morning when doing my makeup.

I cannot live without this powder, and don't know how my skin survived before I discovered it. A few months ago I bought a whole bunch of Mario Badescu products because I kept hearing about how wonderful they are. While I can't say much for most of the other things I bought, the Special Healing Powder is perfect for skin like mine. About 30 minutes after washing it my skin starts to get really oily in my forehead and chin areas. I dab this powder all over my face lightly after I apply my coverup and foundation, and I don't have that problem anymore. It makes my skin feel soft and as long as I don't sweat too much at work it lasts throughout my workday. It's such a relief not to have to constantly worry about how shiny and greasy looking my face is. The packaging could be better - when you buy it take the puff right out - definitely don't store it in the jar or you'll have a mess on your hands. I just apply it lightly with the puff or a really soft kabuki brush everyday, making sure I blend it in completely. I've been using it everyday for months and still have almost the whole jar. If you have any problems with oily skin, I would definitely try it. It's not very expensive and it'll last you a long time.

on 11/27/2009 6:29:00 PM

i had cancelled this product order but it arrived anyway. was concerned the talc and bismuth whatever would irritate my fair combo blemish prone skin. so far it hasn't. i prefer to use natural mineral powder for concealor and am generally pretty shiny by the end of the day with liquid foundation. it's a great matte powder base, especially on spots. apply all over face with a loose brush, or on spots with a concealor brush. (clean them regularly). i'm happy ended up with this. (dust over t-zone, apply liquid foundatio, dot this on any spots, finish with a mineral powder. invisible!)