Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

4.2

Talc,Bismuth Subgallate, Kaolin, Zinc Oxide,Calcium Carbonate,Magnesium Carbonate,Zinc Stearate,Sulfur

on 6/7/2016 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have oily to combination skin and some troubled spots. Day 2 of using this - whiteheads and ubder the skin spots are less noticeable. I look dewy and people asking which foundation I am wearing. i will update this after a month of usage but absolutely loving it so far!

I usually respond well to sulfur products so I was really hoping this would work out for me. I haven't been able to really use it. This is because I may be allergic to the bismuth in this product. It makes my face itch a lot. I have noticed itching in other stuff I use that have some sort of bismuth. So this has enough bismuth to make me unable to use it. Sad. You may wonder...why would she use it if it has bismuth and she knows prior to buying or using. I still wanted to try because I think it depends on how much bismuth is in a product or the actual formulation. Fail for me.

Rich in sulphur, this powder keeps oiliness at bay and dries up any existing blemishes. The pale yellow color of the powder (similar to "Banane") is perfect for subtle redness camouflage. I am combo-dry but acneic, and my finicky skin really likes this product.

It's also a fair amount of product for the price, especially as little product is necessary. I highly recommend Special Healing Powder (although it is absolutely not for truly dry-skinned individuals)!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Ok I think I have been using this for about three years now...?!
I tend not to use it on pimple wounds as it didn't work for me and would leave yellow patches on my skin. INSTEAD I use it as a powder primer underneath my mineral foundation, after i've let my moisturiser sink in. What it does is wonderful. It tones down angry red imperfections and blurs pores and marks. It also completely mattifies my skin ready for mineral makeup application. It also keeps me shine free for way longer and helps stop new spots gettin uglyyyy.

I don't use the sponge as its AWFUL and spills product everywhere, and also makes application messy and cakey! Instead I lightly brush it on with a powder brush.

It lasts blimmin' ages so well worth the money!

Mineral makeup users - try it out!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS! After reading reviews, im bought this. It's perfection! Keeps my super oily skin matte all day, even while wearing a dewy finish foundation! I dust it on my face where I get most oily and apply foundation on top. A must try!

on 3/7/2014 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a pretty great powder!

Does what is says and after applying this it's almost impossible to look oily.
I haven't been using it long enough to see if it's helped my acne, but i use this on my tone zone and it's kept my acne at bay with NO OILINESS. The only con is it doesn't really work well with makeup I find. Over foundation it's great especially as a setting powder but if I try to apply blush or bronzer it look's splotchy if I've applied this powder.

Definitely recommended!

on 3/3/2014 3:59:00 PM

When you first apply this product you can feel your skin tingling from the sulfur in the powder. It greatly reduces the shine and redness on my face which is why I might get this again when I run out. I don't think it made a big difference in my acne which is why I'm not in love with it. This product is not a huge part of my regimen.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this HG powder except I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate the packaging. I've got combo skin that tends to get oily around my nose when I get busy at work bartending. I used to have to carry oil blotting papers in my work apron just to take the oily shine away but after using this powder I find myself not getting oily at all and haven't had a need to use blotting papers. I use the powder on my t-zone after I apply my liquid foundation. I'm an nc35 so this yellow powder blends well with my skin. After I use this I apply my contour bronzer, blush, highlighter and then a finishing powder (either Halo or Fresh's face luster). I find that on days when I forget to use this my nose WILL get oily which means that this powder does really work. My main gripe with the product is that it is extremely messy and isn't very transportable since the powder goes everywhere. I just leave mine open on my makeup vanity, use a powder brush to pick up some powder in the canister and use the lid in an upside down position to catch the excess powder that I tap off. Don't even bother using the powder puff this product comes with since its useless. I highly recommend this to anyone who gets oily. It works wonders. I will definitely repurchase when I run out which seems like it won't happen for at least a year since there is so much product in the container. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff. I have very oil skin, and this stuff is amazing!

PROS:
* Soaks up & controls oil like no other skincare product I know.
* Calms & soothes acne/irritated skin.
* Treats & masks redness.
* Treats & prevents breakouts.
* Can be used as a setting powder & mattifier.
* Is cheaper than BE's Blemish Therapy & more product
* A little goes a long way.
* No scent at all..not even a medicated one.

CONS:
* Hate the puff that comes with it, so I just use a powder brush.
* It doesn't have a sifter lock like BE's Click-Lock-Go, so can be a little messy.

I don't recommend this for people with dry or even combo skin because it really does dry up the oil. It also contains talc, so if you're sensitive to talc, I wouldn't use this product. But it's perfect for my super oily, sensitive, acne prone skin. Also keep in mind this is not a concealer powder, it's a skincare product, so it won't conceal anything. It will only mask redness a little.

Again, I simply love this stuff & it's one of my HG skincare products. I will continue buying it & I highly recommend it for people with oily, sensitive, acne prone skin.

on 10/31/2011 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My fave product to set my base makeup. I love that it is unscented and goes on translucent. This does not keep me slick free all day, but it has definitely lasted longer than any other products I've tried. It's also well priced and there's plenty of product to go around. I really do think it helps with my occasional bumps and sometimes I dab this with a bit of water overnight on any offenders I might randomly get. I wake up with downsized mountains the next day. I do believe that anybody with grease-ball skin should have this in their arsenal.