Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

3.6

Talc,Bismuth Subgallate, Kaolin, Zinc Oxide,Calcium Carbonate,Magnesium Carbonate,Zinc Stearate,Sulfur

on 1/9/2014 1:08:00 PM

I bought this several months ago, and wasn't really too keen on it because it made my whole face have a green tint. I threw it into my makeup bin and kind of forgot all about it. That is, until last week when I realized that my current pressed powder was oxidizing and making me look like I had a mask on my face. I pulled this out and used a very small bit on a flat top powder brush to set my liquid foundation and it looked beautiful. It didn't look green as before, maybe I was using too heavy of a hand. I have noticed that my skin looks better. I don't know how to describe it, it just looks more fresh I guess. It hasn't irritated my skin which is a plus, and I think that because it is green, it works wonders on redness and helps to further conceal break outs. It does help with my oily skin as well. It's not a god send in that respect, but I have noticed that it does help a little. Overall, I would definitely repurchase this powder.

on 4/25/2012 1:52:00 PM

Not too impressed, didnt really notice any long term effects from use as my chin still got oily at its normal time of day & it broke me out. I could never get over the yellowish tint it left my skin & settling into every single crack making my face look even drier in spots (darn that combo skin). No worries sent it off to swapping!

on 2/23/2012 10:16:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I really like this powder. I'll use it alone during days where I don't want to put make up on and it really helps to keep my oily skin matte. Not all day but I doubt any product does that. I'd also like to think it helps keep my skin clear. At least a little. It's not a miracle product, but it does it's job. During the days when I do put make up on I'll use this powder last to set my make up a little. Usually I wear a mattifying primer, then my usual foundation and concealer as well as a regular powder, then this powder. And I find all those together really work well at making my make up last all day as well as keep my skin mostly non-oily.

Considering it's a Mario Badescu product it's also quite cheap when you consider how long it lasts despite everyday use. However it's quite messy due to the packaging and as many others I like to put it on with powder brush for more even coverage.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff. I have very oil skin, and this stuff is amazing!

PROS:
* Soaks up & controls oil like no other skincare product I know.
* Calms & soothes acne/irritated skin.
* Treats & masks redness.
* Treats & prevents breakouts.
* Can be used as a setting powder & mattifier.
* Is cheaper than BE's Blemish Therapy & more product
* A little goes a long way.
* No scent at all..not even a medicated one.

CONS:
* Hate the puff that comes with it, so I just use a powder brush.
* It doesn't have a sifter lock like BE's Click-Lock-Go, so can be a little messy.

I don't recommend this for people with dry or even combo skin because it really does dry up the oil. It also contains talc, so if you're sensitive to talc, I wouldn't use this product. But it's perfect for my super oily, sensitive, acne prone skin. Also keep in mind this is not a concealer powder, it's a skincare product, so it won't conceal anything. It will only mask redness a little.

Again, I simply love this stuff & it's one of my HG skincare products. I will continue buying it & I highly recommend it for people with oily, sensitive, acne prone skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I AM IN LOVE. How have i gone this long without this god-sent?! This is the ONLY product i've ever bought that keeps my very oily skin MATTE ALL DAY!! And i have used OC-8 and all those other shitty but wayy too expensive products that claim to keep your skin matte all day, that end up working for like maybe one hour at the most. This stuff is so amazing, i can't say enough good things about it! I even sleep in it b/c it helps prevent breakouts as well, and when i wake up in the morning, NO OIL!!! :) This is one of those products that i would take with me if i was stuck on an island for a few years... :) The price is reasonable, my only complaint would be the packaging but i'm not complaining..i'd scoop this out of a baggy with my hands if i had to<3

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

First off, I just bought this a couple of days ago, so it may be that I haven't discovered it's full potential (of course, i'll update if I do), or possibly, that I've used it wrong, but I dunno...I really didn't think this stuff was that great... I'd been noticing that I've been developing some shine throughout the day, but I generally try to steer clear of any type of powder (minerals or not, my skin just seems to break out from them). I thought maybe this one would be different, so I decided to giver a try. I just dusted a little bit of it very lightly with a powder brush to set my make-up and, initially, I thought it looked fine (really, I didn't think too much about it; I figured it was just powder). I ran some errands. At some point, it got a little hot in the car--it was like 90--and I felt a little sweaty so I turned on the air. About 2 hours later when I got home and caught sight of my face in the mirror, let me tell you, I was appalled. My make-up looked absolutely horrible! I cannot believe I was out in public like that. My god, it was like all of my carefully applied make-up had turned into a chalky flesh-toned Queen Helene mask!
I did notice however, that it didn't break me out (I sometimes break out within hours of applying powders) so that's something.
Still, I definitely wouldn't recommend this stuff for daytime use, and I mean really, why bother applying it at night? I doubt it would do much. There are far more effective treatments for acne.

on 5/26/2011 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I generally like this product. It does help cover up my oily nose, but it doesn't last as long as I'd like it too, I have to reapply it many times through out the day. But overall it does work quite well! I would buy it again, it lasts FOREVER.

on 10/22/2010 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great versatile powder. I bought it on eBay for around $11. I believe the MB website sells it for $12, not including tax/shipping.

You get a half ounce sifter jar. It really is a lot of product. I mainly use this for spot-treating/concealing so this should last me for at least a year.

This is a pale yellow sulfur-based powder. It doesn't have that rotten egg sulfur smell, which was a pleasant surprise. I'm a picker (yuck) and this is great for spot-treating those sore, red, open pimples. It dries up the nasty stuff pretty well, and does a great job of toning down redness. I'm not left with weird yellow spots on my face. I don't like using this as an all-over face powder because it can be a little drying for me (I use Kryolan Anti-Shine for controlling shine), even on my oily skin. However, when I did try it as an all-over powder, I really liked how it made my skin tone look even and matte. Might be better for me during the summer, but it's getting cooler now, so this just sucks up too much moisture when used all over my face.

I also don't like how messy the jar can be. I have to open and close this over the sink, otherwise the powder gets everywhere. (A pressed powder version of this would be lovely!) It comes with a powder puff, which I immediately got rid of; I prefer using a small brush for this. Plus, the puff was difficult to put back in the jar, since it was a little too big.

I use this both at night and during the day. It's a great multi-tasking product... hiding zits, drying zits, setting concealer, getting rid of redness, controlling shine, evening out skin tone, etc. This is my first MB product, and I will repurchase once I run out.

on 6/23/2010 11:34:00 AM

I ordered this item from www.beautybay.com from reading the reviews on here. I paid 9.75.
I mainly wanted it to dry up current spots/help prevent new ones and held reduce shine caused by my very oily skin.
I've been using it for a few weeks now. I first tried applying all over after foundation with a brush - i didnt even attempt to use the puff that it came with.. i threw this away as its rather messy and takes up alot of product. I didnt find that it controlled my shine much, i use it in conjunction with Kryolan anti shine powder, which i find it more effective than normal pressed powders. I then decided to dap on individual spots with a cotton bud, i found it to conceal the spot and redness and also dry up the blemish. I feel that my skin has cleared quite a bit as a result and its definately less bumpy (not as many spots noticable under the skin). I feel its worth the money spent as should last quite a while, although the packaging doesnt make it great to carry around in my makeup bag..but i only put it on in the morning when doing my makeup.

on 6/2/2010 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Love love love love love this powder! This keeps my skin germ and blemish free and does not clog my pores. Also causes any redness to disappear and keeps my skin looking even toned. The color never shows on my skin and it stinks like sulphur but thankfully it fades quickly. The price of $12 is a steal since only a light dusting is needed. Really great product!