Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

3.8

Talc,Bismuth Subgallate, Kaolin, Zinc Oxide,Calcium Carbonate,Magnesium Carbonate,Zinc Stearate,Sulfur

I usually respond well to sulfur products so I was really hoping this would work out for me. I haven't been able to really use it. This is because I may be allergic to the bismuth in this product. It makes my face itch a lot. I have noticed itching in other stuff I use that have some sort of bismuth. So this has enough bismuth to make me unable to use it. Sad. You may wonder...why would she use it if it has bismuth and she knows prior to buying or using. I still wanted to try because I think it depends on how much bismuth is in a product or the actual formulation. Fail for me.

on 7/30/2015 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just bought this product yesterday and noticed that on the ingredients list that sulfur wasn't on there like on the MB website????
I bought the product for the sulfur!
Does anyone know what's going on?

This is a great product to use when you have been bad and popped a pimple and and oozing. It will stop the oozing, antibacterial properties, and dry up the spot. Wish I had found this years ago.

on 3/3/2014 3:59:00 PM

When you first apply this product you can feel your skin tingling from the sulfur in the powder. It greatly reduces the shine and redness on my face which is why I might get this again when I run out. I don't think it made a big difference in my acne which is why I'm not in love with it. This product is not a huge part of my regimen.

on 4/25/2012 1:52:00 PM

Not too impressed, didnt really notice any long term effects from use as my chin still got oily at its normal time of day & it broke me out. I could never get over the yellowish tint it left my skin & settling into every single crack making my face look even drier in spots (darn that combo skin). No worries sent it off to swapping!

on 10/31/2011 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My fave product to set my base makeup. I love that it is unscented and goes on translucent. This does not keep me slick free all day, but it has definitely lasted longer than any other products I've tried. It's also well priced and there's plenty of product to go around. I really do think it helps with my occasional bumps and sometimes I dab this with a bit of water overnight on any offenders I might randomly get. I wake up with downsized mountains the next day. I do believe that anybody with grease-ball skin should have this in their arsenal.

on 5/26/2011 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I generally like this product. It does help cover up my oily nose, but it doesn't last as long as I'd like it too, I have to reapply it many times through out the day. But overall it does work quite well! I would buy it again, it lasts FOREVER.

on 10/22/2010 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great versatile powder. I bought it on eBay for around $11. I believe the MB website sells it for $12, not including tax/shipping.

You get a half ounce sifter jar. It really is a lot of product. I mainly use this for spot-treating/concealing so this should last me for at least a year.

This is a pale yellow sulfur-based powder. It doesn't have that rotten egg sulfur smell, which was a pleasant surprise. I'm a picker (yuck) and this is great for spot-treating those sore, red, open pimples. It dries up the nasty stuff pretty well, and does a great job of toning down redness. I'm not left with weird yellow spots on my face. I don't like using this as an all-over face powder because it can be a little drying for me (I use Kryolan Anti-Shine for controlling shine), even on my oily skin. However, when I did try it as an all-over powder, I really liked how it made my skin tone look even and matte. Might be better for me during the summer, but it's getting cooler now, so this just sucks up too much moisture when used all over my face.

I also don't like how messy the jar can be. I have to open and close this over the sink, otherwise the powder gets everywhere. (A pressed powder version of this would be lovely!) It comes with a powder puff, which I immediately got rid of; I prefer using a small brush for this. Plus, the puff was difficult to put back in the jar, since it was a little too big.

I use this both at night and during the day. It's a great multi-tasking product... hiding zits, drying zits, setting concealer, getting rid of redness, controlling shine, evening out skin tone, etc. This is my first MB product, and I will repurchase once I run out.

I received this powder as a swap item and I really love this. It really helps control oil and prevent breakout. I just hate the packaging just a little bit messy when I apply it but overall it is definitely worth trying.

on 6/23/2010 11:34:00 AM

I ordered this item from www.beautybay.com from reading the reviews on here. I paid 9.75.
I mainly wanted it to dry up current spots/help prevent new ones and held reduce shine caused by my very oily skin.
I've been using it for a few weeks now. I first tried applying all over after foundation with a brush - i didnt even attempt to use the puff that it came with.. i threw this away as its rather messy and takes up alot of product. I didnt find that it controlled my shine much, i use it in conjunction with Kryolan anti shine powder, which i find it more effective than normal pressed powders. I then decided to dap on individual spots with a cotton bud, i found it to conceal the spot and redness and also dry up the blemish. I feel that my skin has cleared quite a bit as a result and its definately less bumpy (not as many spots noticable under the skin). I feel its worth the money spent as should last quite a while, although the packaging doesnt make it great to carry around in my makeup bag..but i only put it on in the morning when doing my makeup.