Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

4.3

Talc,Bismuth Subgallate, Kaolin, Zinc Oxide,Calcium Carbonate,Magnesium Carbonate,Zinc Stearate,Sulfur

on 10/8/2010 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

i like this product, but the description compared to the ingredients leaves me with a lot of questions.

This is copied from the product description on the MB site:

"Heal and conceal acne breakouts with this specially formulated, Sulfur based powder that absorbs excess oil and reduces redness and irritation caused by breakouts."

This is the ingredients list, also copied from the MB site:

Talc, Kaolin,Calcium Carbonate,Bismuth Subgallate

source URL: http://www.mariobadescu.com/special-healing-powder

Note the term *sulfur based powder* in the description. The bizarre thing here is that there is NO sulfur in the ing list so what's going on here? One or both must be misleading and it makes me suspicious and reluctant to use other products from this brand. That said, i like how this works. I just have no idea what it really contains and i'm left with the impression that the company can't be trusted to accurately declare ingredients or not lie about product features.

on 6/2/2010 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Love love love love love this powder! This keeps my skin germ and blemish free and does not clog my pores. Also causes any redness to disappear and keeps my skin looking even toned. The color never shows on my skin and it stinks like sulphur but thankfully it fades quickly. The price of $12 is a steal since only a light dusting is needed. Really great product!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

this is a great powder for the summer and for blemishes all year round. i started using this on spots that turned a little red- just dipped a concealer brush in it and applied right to spot. it really seemed to take the red out! over the summer, this is amazing as a finishing powder. i sweep it over my T-zone, and it keeps me shine free. it also controls any little bumps in that area from extra oil or heat! i have extremely sensitive normal to dry skin, and this hasn't dried me out or irritated me. it's great!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I probably wouldn't buy this again - it's nothig too special. It makes you skin look really chalky. It might be something to use more at night or something, instead of when doing your makeup for the whole day.

on 3/25/2007 3:03:00 PM

UPDATE: April 2007 I find this is great to dust over your products at night. Upgraded to a 5 from 4. I like Avene Ystheal cream but it can be shiny. As a very oily person it is great to wake up with "normal" looking skin. (Not a greasepit.) I contain to spot treat. The slight yellow seems to help diffuse the redness on spots.

This product contains basic ingredients:

Talc, kaolin, calcium carbonate, Bismuth subgallate

Package reads "sulfur based powder will not only help contol excess oil and reduce redness, but will help disinfect and heal blemishes" " Not tested on animals."

The powder puff in the package is useless. I apply (as a spot treatment) with either a Q-tip or a eye shadow brush that I have set aside to use only with this powder. It does reduce redness and it does help keep the swelling down on those "large bump" type pimples.

I bought mine at a store in South California called Planet Beauty for $10.00 US when I was visiting. Also available on online at www. mariobadescu.com. It comes in a ja rwith a sifter similar to Mineral Makeup foundation. Net weight 1/2 oz. The jar will last me forever but I will repurchase if I am running low. I have also put some into other little mineral makeup jars to have on hand when I am traveling, etc.

on 6/3/2005 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really wnated to like this and I have to say it works quite good with the sulfur in it. What I didn't like at all was the smell, and the gaudy yellow color (on my face and on the pillow). There are better products with sulfur in them so I wouldn't repurchase.

on 7/8/2004 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This makes a perfect "mineral veil" for my Aromaleigh Mineral Makeup. I didn't notice sulphur on the ingredient list. But there are healing and anti-bacterial properties that help keep my pores clear and my complexion smooth.