Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder
Special Healing Powder

4.2

Talc,Bismuth Subgallate, Kaolin, Zinc Oxide,Calcium Carbonate,Magnesium Carbonate,Zinc Stearate,Sulfur

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is a really good powder for keeping oiliness at bay. I don't know whether it does help with blemishes because I use other products for that. But I use this powder everyday, even when I don't wear makeup. it's fragrance free. and I use a face brush instead of the puff.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff. I have very oil skin, and this stuff is amazing!

PROS:
* Soaks up & controls oil like no other skincare product I know.
* Calms & soothes acne/irritated skin.
* Treats & masks redness.
* Treats & prevents breakouts.
* Can be used as a setting powder & mattifier.
* Is cheaper than BE's Blemish Therapy & more product
* A little goes a long way.
* No scent at all..not even a medicated one.

CONS:
* Hate the puff that comes with it, so I just use a powder brush.
* It doesn't have a sifter lock like BE's Click-Lock-Go, so can be a little messy.

I don't recommend this for people with dry or even combo skin because it really does dry up the oil. It also contains talc, so if you're sensitive to talc, I wouldn't use this product. But it's perfect for my super oily, sensitive, acne prone skin. Also keep in mind this is not a concealer powder, it's a skincare product, so it won't conceal anything. It will only mask redness a little.

Again, I simply love this stuff & it's one of my HG skincare products. I will continue buying it & I highly recommend it for people with oily, sensitive, acne prone skin.

on 10/31/2011 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My fave product to set my base makeup. I love that it is unscented and goes on translucent. This does not keep me slick free all day, but it has definitely lasted longer than any other products I've tried. It's also well priced and there's plenty of product to go around. I really do think it helps with my occasional bumps and sometimes I dab this with a bit of water overnight on any offenders I might randomly get. I wake up with downsized mountains the next day. I do believe that anybody with grease-ball skin should have this in their arsenal.

on 8/27/2011 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love how this doubles up as a loose powder to set my liquid foundation and at the same time, helps to heal acne. I sometimes use this alone to mattify my face when I'm just going out for a short while without makeup on.

However, the mattifying effect is not as good as Jurlique's citrus powder. If you're just like me with very oily skin, Jurlique's citrus powder would be better. This is my no. 2 powder, after Jurliques.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is average at best. With all the reviews on here I was definitely expecting something better. I have oily skin and I thought this might be my miracle product to tone down the oiliness, but it's nothing more than a regular powder. It gets my skin really matte when I first apply it, like any other powder, but then my oily skin kills off that matte look within an hour or so. Nothing special. It didn't do much for my acne either. What I do love about it though is that the color doesn't show up on my skin too much and it really helps conceal redness and for that first hour after I apply it, my skin looks really nice and shine-free. But again, overall it's decent, but I usually go for drugstore brands with my makeup and this is the first time I bought a brand like this, and online too, because it had such good reviews! I ended up paying somewhere between $15-$20 with the shipping and all, and it was not worth it. I'm not going to buy again for that money, but while I have it, it does have some good qualities, just not good enough though.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this year's ago & made such a mess with the powder puff it comes with, I eventually tossed it.

I now decided to give it another try. This time I am applying it ever so lightly with a brush. So far I really like it. I am super oily, it really helps to control oil. I haven't been using it long enough to be able to tell if it's helping to clear up acne I already have or to prevent new ones from forming.

But you only need a tiny amount, I do think this container is going to last forever.........