Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

4.1

Talc,Bismuth Subgallate, Kaolin, Zinc Oxide,Calcium Carbonate,Magnesium Carbonate,Zinc Stearate,Sulfur

on 4/26/2016 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Neutralizes redness, soothes, absorbs oil, and completely disappears. One of my sons has horrible acne and he's tried everything, including regular use of Retin-A. His skin is very sensitive and it reacts to everything, but so far he's had the best luck with Mario Badescu's sulfur products. He doesn't like stuff on his face, but he will use this powder because he can't see it or feel it. It does a great job of neutralizing all the redness on his skin.

on 7/30/2015 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just bought this product yesterday and noticed that on the ingredients list that sulfur wasn't on there like on the MB website????
I bought the product for the sulfur!
Does anyone know what's going on?

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Ok I think I have been using this for about three years now...?!
I tend not to use it on pimple wounds as it didn't work for me and would leave yellow patches on my skin. INSTEAD I use it as a powder primer underneath my mineral foundation, after i've let my moisturiser sink in. What it does is wonderful. It tones down angry red imperfections and blurs pores and marks. It also completely mattifies my skin ready for mineral makeup application. It also keeps me shine free for way longer and helps stop new spots gettin uglyyyy.

I don't use the sponge as its AWFUL and spills product everywhere, and also makes application messy and cakey! Instead I lightly brush it on with a powder brush.

It lasts blimmin' ages so well worth the money!

Mineral makeup users - try it out!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS! After reading reviews, im bought this. It's perfection! Keeps my super oily skin matte all day, even while wearing a dewy finish foundation! I dust it on my face where I get most oily and apply foundation on top. A must try!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I AM IN LOVE. How have i gone this long without this god-sent?! This is the ONLY product i've ever bought that keeps my very oily skin MATTE ALL DAY!! And i have used OC-8 and all those other shitty but wayy too expensive products that claim to keep your skin matte all day, that end up working for like maybe one hour at the most. This stuff is so amazing, i can't say enough good things about it! I even sleep in it b/c it helps prevent breakouts as well, and when i wake up in the morning, NO OIL!!! :) This is one of those products that i would take with me if i was stuck on an island for a few years... :) The price is reasonable, my only complaint would be the packaging but i'm not complaining..i'd scoop this out of a baggy with my hands if i had to<3

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this product just a couple weeks ago. I was looking for the Silver Powder, but the lady sold me this instead. I found that you need to throw away the little poof because it just causes messes. I apply with a concealer brush at night before bed. I also pat it in with my makeup in the morning along with my regular powder. I don't expect it to conceal, but it does lighten redness from cheek acne. Even if it doesn't get rid of the pimples overnight, this 12 dollar product will for sure last me a year. I think it works well along with my moisturizer helping make sure those oily spots don't get too much. It is a good product to maintain balance overall.

on 6/8/2010 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this powder. I use this to set my liquid foundation and then dust a little studiofix over it to really even out my complexion. My acne has significantly improved after I introduced this to my daily routine and it also does a really good job at absorbing oil, too. My only complaint is that the packaging/application isn't exactly friendly for throwing in a purse to do touch ups. I wish there was also a pressed powder version of this!

on 1/24/2010 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My 1st review, and decided to review on this as i pretty much cannot live without it!
It controls oil/shine pretty good, i only need to start dabbing on my face like 6-7 hours later instead of just 3 hours after.
Controls a little of redness, and dry out pimples quite effectively. I dust it all over my face sparingly before putting on my foundation. Won't be able to see the yellow tint at all.

Would definitely buy this again when it (finally) runs out!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I can't even believe how amazing this powder is. I have bought every powder under the sun and this is the only powder that truly takes all the redness out of your skin leaving you with a flawless pale look. It calms and soothes my skin like nothing I have ever tried in my life. The thing that has me cheering is that I've had stubborn acne for a while now and nothing was working and it's all cleared up!. I pat a generous amount of this down over my Skinceuticals Blemish Control gel (another great product) and my face looks like porcelain now! It began clearing up almost immediately! I have super oily skin and suddenly I have almost no oil anymore and the redness and acne are gone! How can this $10.00 powder do this when I have tried products costing me hundreds!! I wear it over bare skin on weekends and at night and it looks like I have foundation on because my skin has no red in it and looks so clear and smooth! It gives you this added bonus of looking like you have a beautiful foundation on when you have nothing but this healing powder! I even began to wear it lightly over my foundation and it has become my favorite over Lola's even! It keeps my skin from getting oily for hours and hours and takes out the red! I AM IN LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 5/31/2006 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

At first it sounds really great but when I used it, i could barely get it out of the container! I only used once and it made my face feel oily. It didnt do anything for me.