Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

Talc,Bismuth Subgallate, Kaolin, Zinc Oxide,Calcium Carbonate,Magnesium Carbonate,Zinc Stearate,Sulfur

on 1/31/2016 4:42:00 PM

I purchased this after I ran out of ELF's mineral blemish powder and realized with great disappointment that that $3 gem had been discontinued since the last time I bought it. I didn't want to fork out $18 for the Bare Minerals' version and decided to try this one since it was $12 and a half ounce rather than third ounce jar.

I don't wear setting powder, just cc cream + powder bronzer, but have fairly regular breakouts on my chin. I use a stick concealer on them and like to "set" them with a non irritating sulfur powder (like ELF's or now Mario's) so that there's a layer between the concealer and the bronzer, especially one that may be helping to heal the blemish faster.

Some reviews of this said it made their face appear green-tinged or caused their bronzer or blush to turn colors. That may happen if you use it all over, but if you just apply this slightly green powder with a small brush directly to problem spots, it isn't an issue. This has worked very nicely for me based on what I wanted. It seems to help blemishes subside faster, sets my concealer, and doesn't affect the coloring of my other makeup.

This powder jar is generously sized for the type of product at 0.5 ounce and will last forever. It does have a sifter on top and I tend to tap my brush (a puff is included but a brush is not - I just use a $1 ELF concealer brush) against the inside of the lid to dust off excess powder.

Recommend!

I usually respond well to sulfur products so I was really hoping this would work out for me. I haven't been able to really use it. This is because I may be allergic to the bismuth in this product. It makes my face itch a lot. I have noticed itching in other stuff I use that have some sort of bismuth. So this has enough bismuth to make me unable to use it. Sad. You may wonder...why would she use it if it has bismuth and she knows prior to buying or using. I still wanted to try because I think it depends on how much bismuth is in a product or the actual formulation. Fail for me.

Rich in sulphur, this powder keeps oiliness at bay and dries up any existing blemishes. The pale yellow color of the powder (similar to "Banane") is perfect for subtle redness camouflage. I am combo-dry but acneic, and my finicky skin really likes this product.

It's also a fair amount of product for the price, especially as little product is necessary. I highly recommend Special Healing Powder (although it is absolutely not for truly dry-skinned individuals)!

on 3/3/2014 3:59:00 PM

When you first apply this product you can feel your skin tingling from the sulfur in the powder. It greatly reduces the shine and redness on my face which is why I might get this again when I run out. I don't think it made a big difference in my acne which is why I'm not in love with it. This product is not a huge part of my regimen.

on 1/9/2014 1:08:00 PM

I bought this several months ago, and wasn't really too keen on it because it made my whole face have a green tint. I threw it into my makeup bin and kind of forgot all about it. That is, until last week when I realized that my current pressed powder was oxidizing and making me look like I had a mask on my face. I pulled this out and used a very small bit on a flat top powder brush to set my liquid foundation and it looked beautiful. It didn't look green as before, maybe I was using too heavy of a hand. I have noticed that my skin looks better. I don't know how to describe it, it just looks more fresh I guess. It hasn't irritated my skin which is a plus, and I think that because it is green, it works wonders on redness and helps to further conceal break outs. It does help with my oily skin as well. It's not a god send in that respect, but I have noticed that it does help a little. Overall, I would definitely repurchase this powder.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this HG powder except I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate the packaging. I've got combo skin that tends to get oily around my nose when I get busy at work bartending. I used to have to carry oil blotting papers in my work apron just to take the oily shine away but after using this powder I find myself not getting oily at all and haven't had a need to use blotting papers. I use the powder on my t-zone after I apply my liquid foundation. I'm an nc35 so this yellow powder blends well with my skin. After I use this I apply my contour bronzer, blush, highlighter and then a finishing powder (either Halo or Fresh's face luster). I find that on days when I forget to use this my nose WILL get oily which means that this powder does really work. My main gripe with the product is that it is extremely messy and isn't very transportable since the powder goes everywhere. I just leave mine open on my makeup vanity, use a powder brush to pick up some powder in the canister and use the lid in an upside down position to catch the excess powder that I tap off. Don't even bother using the powder puff this product comes with since its useless. I highly recommend this to anyone who gets oily. It works wonders. I will definitely repurchase when I run out which seems like it won't happen for at least a year since there is so much product in the container. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

on 4/25/2012 1:52:00 PM

Not too impressed, didnt really notice any long term effects from use as my chin still got oily at its normal time of day & it broke me out. I could never get over the yellowish tint it left my skin & settling into every single crack making my face look even drier in spots (darn that combo skin). No worries sent it off to swapping!

on 4/11/2011 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this product.
My oily/combination skin is acne prone and I do get oily around the my t-zone. Every morning and night, I just this over my face like how you would apply a powder foundation. This powder works wonders. It decreases the oils on my face and works great as a spot treatment overnight. It also mattifies your face and reduces redness. I would definitely repurchase this product!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this a while ago, and I get it cheaper offline. I don't remember the exact cost, but it takes a while to use up so you get your money's worth. You don't need to use a lot of it at once. Anyways..

I wasn't using this powder a whole lot, in fact I kinda forgot about it while using my cheaper d/s acne spot gels etc. I started getting some clogged pores, not exactly zits, but just tiny little bumps on my forehead and randomly on my face, so I brushed just a little of this on under my m/u, or you can do a little over m/u too. I only used it for a day, but I definitely see an improvement- the bumps are almost gone. While nothing is a miracle worker, I do like how it goes on translucent and is a powder that you can work in however you want. I think it's also important to note that less is probably more with this product since it may be drying. I definitely like using this as a treatment for my skin. I think I would re-buy it, but thankfully, that won't be for a long time! Great alternative to acne medications that take too long to dry.

I cannot live without this powder, and don't know how my skin survived before I discovered it. A few months ago I bought a whole bunch of Mario Badescu products because I kept hearing about how wonderful they are. While I can't say much for most of the other things I bought, the Special Healing Powder is perfect for skin like mine. About 30 minutes after washing it my skin starts to get really oily in my forehead and chin areas. I dab this powder all over my face lightly after I apply my coverup and foundation, and I don't have that problem anymore. It makes my skin feel soft and as long as I don't sweat too much at work it lasts throughout my workday. It's such a relief not to have to constantly worry about how shiny and greasy looking my face is. The packaging could be better - when you buy it take the puff right out - definitely don't store it in the jar or you'll have a mess on your hands. I just apply it lightly with the puff or a really soft kabuki brush everyday, making sure I blend it in completely. I've been using it everyday for months and still have almost the whole jar. If you have any problems with oily skin, I would definitely try it. It's not very expensive and it'll last you a long time.