Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

2.0

1 review

Talc,Bismuth Subgallate, Kaolin, Zinc Oxide,Calcium Carbonate,Magnesium Carbonate,Zinc Stearate,Sulfur

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

First off, I just bought this a couple of days ago, so it may be that I haven't discovered it's full potential (of course, i'll update if I do), or possibly, that I've used it wrong, but I dunno...I really didn't think this stuff was that great... I'd been noticing that I've been developing some shine throughout the day, but I generally try to steer clear of any type of powder (minerals or not, my skin just seems to break out from them). I thought maybe this one would be different, so I decided to giver a try. I just dusted a little bit of it very lightly with a powder brush to set my make-up and, initially, I thought it looked fine (really, I didn't think too much about it; I figured it was just powder). I ran some errands. At some point, it got a little hot in the car--it was like 90--and I felt a little sweaty so I turned on the air. About 2 hours later when I got home and caught sight of my face in the mirror, let me tell you, I was appalled. My make-up looked absolutely horrible! I cannot believe I was out in public like that. My god, it was like all of my carefully applied make-up had turned into a chalky flesh-toned Queen Helene mask!
I did notice however, that it didn't break me out (I sometimes break out within hours of applying powders) so that's something.
Still, I definitely wouldn't recommend this stuff for daytime use, and I mean really, why bother applying it at night? I doubt it would do much. There are far more effective treatments for acne.