Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

4.1

Talc,Bismuth Subgallate, Kaolin, Zinc Oxide,Calcium Carbonate,Magnesium Carbonate,Zinc Stearate,Sulfur

on 6/7/2016 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have oily to combination skin and some troubled spots. Day 2 of using this - whiteheads and ubder the skin spots are less noticeable. I look dewy and people asking which foundation I am wearing. i will update this after a month of usage but absolutely loving it so far!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Just to let you know I've actually only been using this a few days now, but I just wanted to get some pretty crucial initial notes down and will update this review after I've been using it a month +.

So, I was just using the Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Powder which didn't offer much coverage (probably a little more coverage than this powder, though), was very expensive, and didn't seem to ever help my skin or effectively reduce oil/shine for more than an hour or two. The only positive was that it didn't break me out hah.
This powder is by a company I trust a little more and is also a hell of a lot cheaper so I figured it would be better than the Juice Beauty powder even if it didn't help my skin much, either.

The first couple of times I used this I just applied it alone over BB cream and this was a mistake because both my boyfriend and my friend asked me why my skin was green after looking at my face very closely in confusion for a second. Perhaps I just applied a little too much but I won't be wearing this alone again unless it's at night. I will say that my skin felt less gross and broken out with this powder on.
Definitely very mattifying and it maintains the matte feeling, especially when makeup is applied over the top (I use Mineral Hygienics mineral foundation, I would NOT suggest using liquid foundation over this - use it as a finishing powder for the foundation underneath your regular finishing powder, the regular powder should help cancel out the little green tint this powder gives). I didn't even use my color-correcting primer under my makeup and I feel like this powder has helped keep my makeup on properly while also canceling out some red so my foundation doesn't have to work so hard.

Again, I haven't used this for long enough to tell if it has or will make a difference in my skin but I definitely feel like it's helping to dry out spots and bring some pimples to a head.

A note about packaging: could be better. I would love if it had a little sifter cover that you could spin/slide so that product only comes out when the sifter cover is open. Also, I got rid of the little puff it comes with (like most people seemed to) and just apply with an ecotools mineral foundation brush.

I'm looking forward to updating this review in a month or so to let you know how it's coming along!

-------Update-------
Hey peoples, so it's been a little over a month since I posted my original (first impressions) review and I can say pretty confidently that this powder has made a difference in my skin routine.

I still apply it after moisturizer and before my mineral makeup which makes a huge difference in the way my makeup turns out. This powder acts as an amazing primer for mineral makeup (if you have oily skin, definitely wouldn't recommend to those with dry skin): cancels out a good amount of redness, creates a nice and matte canvas for your makeup, and also helps to calm down breakouts underneath your makeup.

This powder effectively reduces the oil I produce during the day and I don't generally feel like I need to touch up, I have pretty oily skin and I do get a little shiny by the end of the day but it's more of a dewy thing than looking too oily with this powder on.

Have also had nice results applying this powder (just with my finger) onto freshly opened blemishes!

Rich in sulphur, this powder keeps oiliness at bay and dries up any existing blemishes. The pale yellow color of the powder (similar to "Banane") is perfect for subtle redness camouflage. I am combo-dry but acneic, and my finicky skin really likes this product.

It's also a fair amount of product for the price, especially as little product is necessary. I highly recommend Special Healing Powder (although it is absolutely not for truly dry-skinned individuals)!

This is a great product to use when you have been bad and popped a pimple and and oozing. It will stop the oozing, antibacterial properties, and dry up the spot. Wish I had found this years ago.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS! After reading reviews, im bought this. It's perfection! Keeps my super oily skin matte all day, even while wearing a dewy finish foundation! I dust it on my face where I get most oily and apply foundation on top. A must try!

on 1/9/2014 1:08:00 PM

I bought this several months ago, and wasn't really too keen on it because it made my whole face have a green tint. I threw it into my makeup bin and kind of forgot all about it. That is, until last week when I realized that my current pressed powder was oxidizing and making me look like I had a mask on my face. I pulled this out and used a very small bit on a flat top powder brush to set my liquid foundation and it looked beautiful. It didn't look green as before, maybe I was using too heavy of a hand. I have noticed that my skin looks better. I don't know how to describe it, it just looks more fresh I guess. It hasn't irritated my skin which is a plus, and I think that because it is green, it works wonders on redness and helps to further conceal break outs. It does help with my oily skin as well. It's not a god send in that respect, but I have noticed that it does help a little. Overall, I would definitely repurchase this powder.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this HG powder except I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate the packaging. I've got combo skin that tends to get oily around my nose when I get busy at work bartending. I used to have to carry oil blotting papers in my work apron just to take the oily shine away but after using this powder I find myself not getting oily at all and haven't had a need to use blotting papers. I use the powder on my t-zone after I apply my liquid foundation. I'm an nc35 so this yellow powder blends well with my skin. After I use this I apply my contour bronzer, blush, highlighter and then a finishing powder (either Halo or Fresh's face luster). I find that on days when I forget to use this my nose WILL get oily which means that this powder does really work. My main gripe with the product is that it is extremely messy and isn't very transportable since the powder goes everywhere. I just leave mine open on my makeup vanity, use a powder brush to pick up some powder in the canister and use the lid in an upside down position to catch the excess powder that I tap off. Don't even bother using the powder puff this product comes with since its useless. I highly recommend this to anyone who gets oily. It works wonders. I will definitely repurchase when I run out which seems like it won't happen for at least a year since there is so much product in the container. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

on 10/22/2012 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is by far the best powder out there! I use it over my make up and I don't get shiny or oily for at least 8 hours! And that's a miracle with my very oily skin! On top, it does not irritate your skin like some other powders do. Perfect for oily, acne prone skin, I love it!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff. I have very oil skin, and this stuff is amazing!

PROS:
* Soaks up & controls oil like no other skincare product I know.
* Calms & soothes acne/irritated skin.
* Treats & masks redness.
* Treats & prevents breakouts.
* Can be used as a setting powder & mattifier.
* Is cheaper than BE's Blemish Therapy & more product
* A little goes a long way.
* No scent at all..not even a medicated one.

CONS:
* Hate the puff that comes with it, so I just use a powder brush.
* It doesn't have a sifter lock like BE's Click-Lock-Go, so can be a little messy.

I don't recommend this for people with dry or even combo skin because it really does dry up the oil. It also contains talc, so if you're sensitive to talc, I wouldn't use this product. But it's perfect for my super oily, sensitive, acne prone skin. Also keep in mind this is not a concealer powder, it's a skincare product, so it won't conceal anything. It will only mask redness a little.

Again, I simply love this stuff & it's one of my HG skincare products. I will continue buying it & I highly recommend it for people with oily, sensitive, acne prone skin.

on 10/31/2011 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My fave product to set my base makeup. I love that it is unscented and goes on translucent. This does not keep me slick free all day, but it has definitely lasted longer than any other products I've tried. It's also well priced and there's plenty of product to go around. I really do think it helps with my occasional bumps and sometimes I dab this with a bit of water overnight on any offenders I might randomly get. I wake up with downsized mountains the next day. I do believe that anybody with grease-ball skin should have this in their arsenal.