Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

4.1

Talc,Bismuth Subgallate, Kaolin, Zinc Oxide,Calcium Carbonate,Magnesium Carbonate,Zinc Stearate,Sulfur

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I don't think this does anything for my skin. It doesn't reduce redness on my skin, it doesn't heal my blemishes... My acne is really resistant to most acne products, so take that as you will.

I also avoid products containing talc, so this would probably be something that I would eschew repurchasing anyway.

on 5/31/2006 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

At first it sounds really great but when I used it, i could barely get it out of the container! I only used once and it made my face feel oily. It didnt do anything for me.

I wanted this to work for me as I had a modest success with the drying lotion but really this powder made no difference to my below surface cystic acne. Dusting it on at night after my skincare routine did not make it go down nor make it heal quickly. I even have cysts from 10 days ago that haven't gone down that I've been treating with the powder and that rarely happened before. Really disappointed as I read so many promising reviews. Also hard to apply to small areas with the powder puff but I like the idea of it.

I usually respond well to sulfur products so I was really hoping this would work out for me. I haven't been able to really use it. This is because I may be allergic to the bismuth in this product. It makes my face itch a lot. I have noticed itching in other stuff I use that have some sort of bismuth. So this has enough bismuth to make me unable to use it. Sad. You may wonder...why would she use it if it has bismuth and she knows prior to buying or using. I still wanted to try because I think it depends on how much bismuth is in a product or the actual formulation. Fail for me.

on 4/25/2012 1:52:00 PM

Not too impressed, didnt really notice any long term effects from use as my chin still got oily at its normal time of day & it broke me out. I could never get over the yellowish tint it left my skin & settling into every single crack making my face look even drier in spots (darn that combo skin). No worries sent it off to swapping!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

First off, I just bought this a couple of days ago, so it may be that I haven't discovered it's full potential (of course, i'll update if I do), or possibly, that I've used it wrong, but I dunno...I really didn't think this stuff was that great... I'd been noticing that I've been developing some shine throughout the day, but I generally try to steer clear of any type of powder (minerals or not, my skin just seems to break out from them). I thought maybe this one would be different, so I decided to giver a try. I just dusted a little bit of it very lightly with a powder brush to set my make-up and, initially, I thought it looked fine (really, I didn't think too much about it; I figured it was just powder). I ran some errands. At some point, it got a little hot in the car--it was like 90--and I felt a little sweaty so I turned on the air. About 2 hours later when I got home and caught sight of my face in the mirror, let me tell you, I was appalled. My make-up looked absolutely horrible! I cannot believe I was out in public like that. My god, it was like all of my carefully applied make-up had turned into a chalky flesh-toned Queen Helene mask!
I did notice however, that it didn't break me out (I sometimes break out within hours of applying powders) so that's something.
Still, I definitely wouldn't recommend this stuff for daytime use, and I mean really, why bother applying it at night? I doubt it would do much. There are far more effective treatments for acne.

on 5/5/2008 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I soooo wanted to like this product; it got such wonderful reviews here! But I can't say I'm impressed. My worst oily spot is my forehead; it's usually pretty bad by lunchtime. But this product isn't doing anything to help. The only way it sort of works is if I use a toner and an oil-free moisturizer only before I use the powder. If I use anything else, the powder doesn't work at all to cut down on oiliness. Coming with such high recommendations, this is really disappointing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I can't see that this did much for my skin and it looked terrible under makeup. Won't repurchase.

on 5/20/2005 8:09:00 PM

What would I do without my Mario Badescu products?! This powder saved me from a meltdown. I broke out really bad, around my chin and had a party to attend in 3 days. I ran up to MB after work and consulted with a skin care specialist that suggested a bunch of products for my skin type. She told me that to clear up my chin, after cleansing, dab healing cream on the blemishes and gently pat some Special Healing Powder around the problem area. She told me that sulfur has amazing healing properties when it comes to breakouts. Overnight I saw a huge difference! She also told me to mix a bit into my loose makeup to contol excess oil during the day. I've been using it sparingly for 2 days now and my skin will look great for my party. Mario Badescu's products are superior to anything else out there IMO.

8/30/05 UPDATE: Had to stop using this, think I'm allergic to sulfur. Made me break out terribly after a while. Will not use ever again!

on 3/3/2014 3:59:00 PM

When you first apply this product you can feel your skin tingling from the sulfur in the powder. It greatly reduces the shine and redness on my face which is why I might get this again when I run out. I don't think it made a big difference in my acne which is why I'm not in love with it. This product is not a huge part of my regimen.