Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

Filtered by age: 36-43
Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

Talc,Bismuth Subgallate, Kaolin, Zinc Oxide,Calcium Carbonate,Magnesium Carbonate,Zinc Stearate,Sulfur

on 6/7/2016 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have oily to combination skin and some troubled spots. Day 2 of using this - whiteheads and ubder the skin spots are less noticeable. I look dewy and people asking which foundation I am wearing. i will update this after a month of usage but absolutely loving it so far!

I usually respond well to sulfur products so I was really hoping this would work out for me. I haven't been able to really use it. This is because I may be allergic to the bismuth in this product. It makes my face itch a lot. I have noticed itching in other stuff I use that have some sort of bismuth. So this has enough bismuth to make me unable to use it. Sad. You may wonder...why would she use it if it has bismuth and she knows prior to buying or using. I still wanted to try because I think it depends on how much bismuth is in a product or the actual formulation. Fail for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff. I have very oil skin, and this stuff is amazing!

PROS:
* Soaks up & controls oil like no other skincare product I know.
* Calms & soothes acne/irritated skin.
* Treats & masks redness.
* Treats & prevents breakouts.
* Can be used as a setting powder & mattifier.
* Is cheaper than BE's Blemish Therapy & more product
* A little goes a long way.
* No scent at all..not even a medicated one.

CONS:
* Hate the puff that comes with it, so I just use a powder brush.
* It doesn't have a sifter lock like BE's Click-Lock-Go, so can be a little messy.

I don't recommend this for people with dry or even combo skin because it really does dry up the oil. It also contains talc, so if you're sensitive to talc, I wouldn't use this product. But it's perfect for my super oily, sensitive, acne prone skin. Also keep in mind this is not a concealer powder, it's a skincare product, so it won't conceal anything. It will only mask redness a little.

Again, I simply love this stuff & it's one of my HG skincare products. I will continue buying it & I highly recommend it for people with oily, sensitive, acne prone skin.

on 1/10/2010 12:50:00 PM

add my rave to the list...this was suggested to me by an online friend...freakin' fantastic at keeping oilies at bay, especially on my shiny happy forehead. the puff is useless--i use a powder brush to apply all over for oil-control (the Cover FX Cream Foundation Brush works faboo) and a small concealer brush to spot treat. dums down redness, no odor and considering how large the pot is and how little you need, a fantastic deal...really liking Badescu products these days...

on 5/5/2008 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I soooo wanted to like this product; it got such wonderful reviews here! But I can't say I'm impressed. My worst oily spot is my forehead; it's usually pretty bad by lunchtime. But this product isn't doing anything to help. The only way it sort of works is if I use a toner and an oil-free moisturizer only before I use the powder. If I use anything else, the powder doesn't work at all to cut down on oiliness. Coming with such high recommendations, this is really disappointing.

on 11/21/2007 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great stuff! Love it! I use it only on acne. I first use the MB's Buffering Lotion and then dab a small amount of Special Healing Powder on top with a Q-tip just before bed. By morning, pimple has significanly reduced in size. Keeping this routine for a couple of days usually gets rid of the pimple completely. The key is to do it as early as you see the sign of the pimple coming on.

on 1/29/2006 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product. The color minimizes redness, and the powder really is soothing and healing. It helps dry up zits. Also, if you have irritated your skin by squeezing or picking at it, cleanse the area, dry it, then apply this powder. Especially good to leave on overnight. Only thing is, it's a little messy to use. Someday I hope they design a better container for it or just use a plastic squeeze bottle and the fine powder could be sqeezed out onto your finger. Overall, a great staple to have in your face kit.

on 5/20/2005 8:09:00 PM

What would I do without my Mario Badescu products?! This powder saved me from a meltdown. I broke out really bad, around my chin and had a party to attend in 3 days. I ran up to MB after work and consulted with a skin care specialist that suggested a bunch of products for my skin type. She told me that to clear up my chin, after cleansing, dab healing cream on the blemishes and gently pat some Special Healing Powder around the problem area. She told me that sulfur has amazing healing properties when it comes to breakouts. Overnight I saw a huge difference! She also told me to mix a bit into my loose makeup to contol excess oil during the day. I've been using it sparingly for 2 days now and my skin will look great for my party. Mario Badescu's products are superior to anything else out there IMO.

8/30/05 UPDATE: Had to stop using this, think I'm allergic to sulfur. Made me break out terribly after a while. Will not use ever again!

on 7/8/2004 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This makes a perfect "mineral veil" for my Aromaleigh Mineral Makeup. I didn't notice sulphur on the ingredient list. But there are healing and anti-bacterial properties that help keep my pores clear and my complexion smooth.