Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

Filtered by age: 25-29
Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder

4.2

Talc,Bismuth Subgallate, Kaolin, Zinc Oxide,Calcium Carbonate,Magnesium Carbonate,Zinc Stearate,Sulfur

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is a really good powder for keeping oiliness at bay. I don't know whether it does help with blemishes because I use other products for that. But I use this powder everyday, even when I don't wear makeup. it's fragrance free. and I use a face brush instead of the puff.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Ok I think I have been using this for about three years now...?!
I tend not to use it on pimple wounds as it didn't work for me and would leave yellow patches on my skin. INSTEAD I use it as a powder primer underneath my mineral foundation, after i've let my moisturiser sink in. What it does is wonderful. It tones down angry red imperfections and blurs pores and marks. It also completely mattifies my skin ready for mineral makeup application. It also keeps me shine free for way longer and helps stop new spots gettin uglyyyy.

I don't use the sponge as its AWFUL and spills product everywhere, and also makes application messy and cakey! Instead I lightly brush it on with a powder brush.

It lasts blimmin' ages so well worth the money!

Mineral makeup users - try it out!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this HG powder except I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate the packaging. I've got combo skin that tends to get oily around my nose when I get busy at work bartending. I used to have to carry oil blotting papers in my work apron just to take the oily shine away but after using this powder I find myself not getting oily at all and haven't had a need to use blotting papers. I use the powder on my t-zone after I apply my liquid foundation. I'm an nc35 so this yellow powder blends well with my skin. After I use this I apply my contour bronzer, blush, highlighter and then a finishing powder (either Halo or Fresh's face luster). I find that on days when I forget to use this my nose WILL get oily which means that this powder does really work. My main gripe with the product is that it is extremely messy and isn't very transportable since the powder goes everywhere. I just leave mine open on my makeup vanity, use a powder brush to pick up some powder in the canister and use the lid in an upside down position to catch the excess powder that I tap off. Don't even bother using the powder puff this product comes with since its useless. I highly recommend this to anyone who gets oily. It works wonders. I will definitely repurchase when I run out which seems like it won't happen for at least a year since there is so much product in the container. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

on 10/22/2012 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is by far the best powder out there! I use it over my make up and I don't get shiny or oily for at least 8 hours! And that's a miracle with my very oily skin! On top, it does not irritate your skin like some other powders do. Perfect for oily, acne prone skin, I love it!!

on 10/31/2011 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My fave product to set my base makeup. I love that it is unscented and goes on translucent. This does not keep me slick free all day, but it has definitely lasted longer than any other products I've tried. It's also well priced and there's plenty of product to go around. I really do think it helps with my occasional bumps and sometimes I dab this with a bit of water overnight on any offenders I might randomly get. I wake up with downsized mountains the next day. I do believe that anybody with grease-ball skin should have this in their arsenal.

on 8/27/2011 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love how this doubles up as a loose powder to set my liquid foundation and at the same time, helps to heal acne. I sometimes use this alone to mattify my face when I'm just going out for a short while without makeup on.

However, the mattifying effect is not as good as Jurlique's citrus powder. If you're just like me with very oily skin, Jurlique's citrus powder would be better. This is my no. 2 powder, after Jurliques.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

First off, I just bought this a couple of days ago, so it may be that I haven't discovered it's full potential (of course, i'll update if I do), or possibly, that I've used it wrong, but I dunno...I really didn't think this stuff was that great... I'd been noticing that I've been developing some shine throughout the day, but I generally try to steer clear of any type of powder (minerals or not, my skin just seems to break out from them). I thought maybe this one would be different, so I decided to giver a try. I just dusted a little bit of it very lightly with a powder brush to set my make-up and, initially, I thought it looked fine (really, I didn't think too much about it; I figured it was just powder). I ran some errands. At some point, it got a little hot in the car--it was like 90--and I felt a little sweaty so I turned on the air. About 2 hours later when I got home and caught sight of my face in the mirror, let me tell you, I was appalled. My make-up looked absolutely horrible! I cannot believe I was out in public like that. My god, it was like all of my carefully applied make-up had turned into a chalky flesh-toned Queen Helene mask!
I did notice however, that it didn't break me out (I sometimes break out within hours of applying powders) so that's something.
Still, I definitely wouldn't recommend this stuff for daytime use, and I mean really, why bother applying it at night? I doubt it would do much. There are far more effective treatments for acne.

on 6/23/2010 11:34:00 AM

I ordered this item from www.beautybay.com from reading the reviews on here. I paid 9.75.
I mainly wanted it to dry up current spots/help prevent new ones and held reduce shine caused by my very oily skin.
I've been using it for a few weeks now. I first tried applying all over after foundation with a brush - i didnt even attempt to use the puff that it came with.. i threw this away as its rather messy and takes up alot of product. I didnt find that it controlled my shine much, i use it in conjunction with Kryolan anti shine powder, which i find it more effective than normal pressed powders. I then decided to dap on individual spots with a cotton bud, i found it to conceal the spot and redness and also dry up the blemish. I feel that my skin has cleared quite a bit as a result and its definately less bumpy (not as many spots noticable under the skin). I feel its worth the money spent as should last quite a while, although the packaging doesnt make it great to carry around in my makeup bag..but i only put it on in the morning when doing my makeup.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is average at best. With all the reviews on here I was definitely expecting something better. I have oily skin and I thought this might be my miracle product to tone down the oiliness, but it's nothing more than a regular powder. It gets my skin really matte when I first apply it, like any other powder, but then my oily skin kills off that matte look within an hour or so. Nothing special. It didn't do much for my acne either. What I do love about it though is that the color doesn't show up on my skin too much and it really helps conceal redness and for that first hour after I apply it, my skin looks really nice and shine-free. But again, overall it's decent, but I usually go for drugstore brands with my makeup and this is the first time I bought a brand like this, and online too, because it had such good reviews! I ended up paying somewhere between $15-$20 with the shipping and all, and it was not worth it. I'm not going to buy again for that money, but while I have it, it does have some good qualities, just not good enough though.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this a while ago, and I get it cheaper offline. I don't remember the exact cost, but it takes a while to use up so you get your money's worth. You don't need to use a lot of it at once. Anyways..

I wasn't using this powder a whole lot, in fact I kinda forgot about it while using my cheaper d/s acne spot gels etc. I started getting some clogged pores, not exactly zits, but just tiny little bumps on my forehead and randomly on my face, so I brushed just a little of this on under my m/u, or you can do a little over m/u too. I only used it for a day, but I definitely see an improvement- the bumps are almost gone. While nothing is a miracle worker, I do like how it goes on translucent and is a powder that you can work in however you want. I think it's also important to note that less is probably more with this product since it may be drying. I definitely like using this as a treatment for my skin. I think I would re-buy it, but thankfully, that won't be for a long time! Great alternative to acne medications that take too long to dry.