Ren Guerande Salt Exfoliating Body Balm

Ren Guerande Salt Exfoliating Body Balm

4.6

Maris Sal (Guerande Sea Salt), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Glyceryl Stearate (Source Coconut Oil), Octyl Palmitate (Source Palm Oil), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Laureth 3 (Source Coconut Oil), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Ocium Basilicum (Basil) Oil, Rosmarinus Officialis (Rosemary) Oil, Linalool.

on 5/5/2017 7:54:00 PM

You can make body scrub's easily yourself for no money(using ground coffee, sugar, salt etc.), hence buying it is in a way a waste. But if you're too lazy to do it and want a more luxurious feel with the scent and packaging, like me, this is a great product.

It smells sweet and minty - I love it! Very refreshing, and the product feels good on the body. You get a lot of product, and I love the fact that it doesn't contain any bad ingredients.

The skin feels baby soft after usage, and certainly does its job. It's not super rough though, so if you prefer a more course scrub, I can recommend REN's Moroccan Rose Otto Sugar Scrub.

on 11/28/2016 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've repurchased this scrub three times so obviously I like it. Is it love? No, not really. But it works and it does the job better than any other scrub I've tried, without veering into bankrupting territory.

I have fairly sensitive skin which tends to get irritated and break out in rashes quite easily. Using an abrasive salt scrub may not seem like the wisest idea but I find it actually helps keep my skin under control, provided i don't go crazy over using it. I limit the Ren to once per week and that works great for me. I really like it to prep my legs for shaving because, 1) the exfoliating effect obviously helps you achieve a closer shave and, 2) there are some lovely soothing oils in the Ren scrub which don't rinse off entirely and provide that extra layer of slip which helps the razor glide more smoothly over my skin.

My preferred way of using this is on dry skin before I even get into the shower. I turn on the shower for 10 seconds or so and then work the scrub a little more into my skin before rinsing off. It isn't drying in the least - in fact, I often skip body moisturiser after because it leaves my skin feeling so hydrated.

Why four stars then rather than five? Probably because this isn't cheap and it doesn't wow me. There's no fantastic scent or anything - it's actually a very basic scrub. But these are surprisingly hard to find so I'll keep on buying Ren I suppose.

Last thing I don't like is the tub packaging, only because if you don't close it really tight, water will get into the tub which changes its whole texture. Maybe keep it out of the shower if you have the space!

Overall grade: B probably. But for sure I'll rebuy.

on 8/17/2011 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like how this product exfoliates and rehydrate my skin. I love the smell, kind of minty and very fresh. Although I find that the price for this exfoliator is a little bit high. Honestly, a DIY sugar scrub can do the same work, at a lower price. But, with a sugar scrub you dont get the luxurious texture or the nice smell as in RENs guerande salt exfoliating body balm.
I wont buy it again my self, but if anyone would like to give it to me for christmas I wouldn't say no.

A-MAZING!!!!! When it comes to my beauty regime I've always been pretty cynical about the effectiveness of 'natural' products. However, this miracle in a jar has completely changed my outlook and my skin care regime forever. On first appearances the balm doesn't appear to be a super exfoliant, it doesn't have large, abrasive grains of salt/sugar/sand like many other body exfoliators and looks more like sorbelene with a minimal amount of grains. Following the instructions, I apply the balm before I hope in the shower and minimal elbow grease it required, I just rub the balm into my legs for about 10 seconds and that's all. The balm form also makes this product more economical in comparison to other exfoliators, I don't loose a quarter of it to the bathroom floor whilst trying to vigorously rub it in. After I use this wonder product, as advertised, my body really does have a glow. My skin feels both exfoliated and smooth and moisturised and silky. I seriously recommend every woman tries this product instead of wasting time and money with grainy and hard to work with exfoliators. The price appears to be a little steep but a jar lasts me at least 2.5 months and the results make the extra cash all worthwhile.

on 9/3/2011 4:31:00 PM

Works really great on dry skin, but is quite lame if you use it in the shower on wet skin.

Nice smell and just the right roughness used on dry skin, but since I prefer scrubbing in the shower on wet skin and consider this one a bit too pricey I will continue my search for the perfect scrub!

I absolutely love this scrub! It is a tiny bit pricey for me but it is worth it! A little bit of this goes a long way! I apply it just before I shower, though I suggest standing inside the shower as the excess does make a bit of a mess on the floor. Having said that, after I rise it all off, I notice a huge difference and it leaves my skin smooth and softer than ever! Just an amazing feeling! I would definitely buy this again!

on 10/25/2009 11:48:00 AM

This is a thick exfoliating body-butter-like cream which works very well when used on dry skin and then washed off in the shower. It is very close to the exfoliation treatments you often find in salons - but much cheaper when you consider how many applications you can get from this one jar. The smell is a refreshing peppermint. The product is in a large screw top jar but because of the high salt content I'm not concerned about the hygiene factor which other reviewers have mentioned (salt acts as a preservative). My boyfriend also loves using this product and it's become part of our lazy Saturday morning routine. Skin feels very very smooth and moisturised after product is rinsed off.

on 10/25/2009 11:58:00 AM

Big yawn.

This is not the holy grail of exfoliators.

1. It's not pleasant or convenient to work this thick, odorous (the oil base was rancid in mine so on top of the mint oil, all I can say is-PEEEYEW!) paste onto dry naked skin prior to showering or bathing.

2. The salt is not good on freshly shaved skin nor is it kind to any abrasions.

3. While the exfoliation you get with this is fine, it is nothing extraordinary to justify the price.

4. You have to use a lot of the product to cover all your skin when it's dry. You don't have the slip factor. That makes it non-cost effective if you are using this 2-3 times a week.

5. I personally hate the smell of mint and menthol in bath/foot/ grooming products. This reeks of both, plus the stink of the emollient oils that have gone off.

If you want an ideal, effective and low cost body exfoliant, fill a plastic jar with sugar, regular granulated sugar, get into your shower with that and one of Dr. Bronner's soaps-DILUTED-throw in a bit of scented oil/fragrance if you like, work up a lather, take hand fulls of the sugar and scrub away at all your rough spots. Rinse. You will be soft, will have saved lots of money and won't be stinging from minty, salted wounds.

on 10/13/2009 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I hate to mark that I wouldn't purchase this product again - I want to note that first because I think many people will LOVE this balm, it's just that for me with my ezcema, its a bit too much. Very unfortunately, because I think otherwise its a fantastic scrub. My skin feels ridiculously smooth and moisturzied after use (definitely follow the instructions and use dry before getting wet in the shower/bath). I don't find it that messy, it rinses well off the skin, and it doesn't make my tub too slippery. I do notice that I have to use a fair bit each time, so if I were an avid exfoliator (which I cannot be due to my ezcema), I don't think it would last too long. I've had it for a month and a bit now and I'm already well through have the jar - and that's only using it once a week at most. At $37US that's not extremely cost effective. But admittedly, if I were able to use it more frequently and not have any issues, I'd probably pay the cash, because overall its a wonderful scrub, far superior to others I've tried!

on 1/18/2010 11:43:00 PM

I love love love love this product. Unlike other exfoliators this balm actually sticks to your skin so you can work with it rather than sinking down the drain. Leaves my skin ultra soft and smooth. Though I usually don't care for anything too minty cause it gives me the chills, this one I like and it leaves me chills-free. :) This is one of my Ren Must-Haves!