Smith's Rosebud Salve Smith's Strawberry Lip Balm

Smith's Rosebud Salve Smith's Strawberry Lip Balm
Smith's Strawberry Lip Balm

Petrolatum, Beeswax, Lanolin, Aromol (blend of 7 rose essential oils), Strawberry Flavor.

The strawberry lip balm has a sweet strawberry scent making it the perfect lip balm for the summer time. It also leaves a natural strawberry pink sheen to the lips.

For reviews on other scents and flavours see: https://crazybeautelife.wordpress.com/2016/09/03/smiths-rosebud-salve-balm-tube/

on 8/10/2016 2:08:00 AM

Smells absolutely divine and does wonders for my lips. I've read that usually petroleum products (like vaseline) only work to keep moisture locked in vs. actually moisturizing lips but IMO this one moisturizes my lips just fine.

A+ for adorable packaging as well! Fricking love this lip balm!

To Read all 401 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/2/2016 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this lip balm. I definitely prefer the strawberry lip balm over the original rose one because the rosebud salve was a bit too runny and sticky for me; with the strawberry lip balm, there is absolutely no stickiness and a little goes a LONG way! I also found out that this works as a perfect lip mask for matte liquid lipsticks. My lips usually become very chapped and dry when I use a liquid lippie, but I figured out that if I put this lip balm on beforehand, my lips feel smooth and moisturized when I apply the lipstick. I don't know if this is actually one of the uses of this lip balm, but it definitely works the same as any other lip mask- and it smells AMAZING. Love love love this product!

on 5/28/2016 6:01:00 PM

This, the original Rosebud and Vaseline are the best for my lips.

I always have one of these at home, because my lips are so dry in the winter.

It tastes and smells nice and sweet of strawberries.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My all time fave lip balm. Gets rid of any dryness quickly and flaky skin comes right off to reveal smooth skin. And I love the fragrance, which reminds me of childhood, so it's a real pleasure to use.

on 1/19/2016 6:03:00 PM

So happy I bought this. Vaseline Lip Therapy is my usual go-to lip balm, but it can be a touch sticky. This balm, on the other hand, has zero stickiness but offers great soothing and moisturizing benefits! Huge tin, not too expensive, and does a great job! Smooth it onto lips and it will blend in with a truly balmy texture. Incredibly effective and comforting.
I had used the minted rose before, the taste was really unpleasant for me, but this Strawberry one is great! Top marks other than being in a tin versus a tube.

on 1/17/2016 6:39:00 PM

I used to use this product way back when (but I preferred the original rose-scented balm). I remember that this did a good job of moisturizing, but the more I used it, the less moisturized my lips felt. Ditto for the original rose-scented balm. Eventually, I gave up on using them because I found other balms that did the trick for me long-term, like shea butter and beeswax-based lip balms. One great use that I found for this balm was atop a dry lipstick- this could literally revive dead lip color.

Love the retro look and the strawberry flavor is just right. A good bedtime lip treatment.

on 1/9/2016 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I used to avoid petroleum based lip balms like the plague, but during winter they are the only balms that actually work for me, so I bought this one and the minted rose one in a 2 for 1 promo. They are both brilliant and really keep my lips soft during the extreme temperature changes of winter (cold outside and warm & dry inside with the central heating). This one contains lanolin, which I absolutely love as it really works on dry & cracked lips. The scent is a very artificial strawberry and I don't like that it's a very light pink colour, which makes my lips look lighter than they are. I actually like the minted rose one more but because I have a newborn baby I use this one more at this moment (don't want to get mint on a baby's skin...).

on 12/2/2015 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Since my early 20's, I have developed an allergy to a great majority of lip products. Additionally, I have very dry lips. I eventually found out that I could use Vaseline without causing my lips to blister and flare up (my lips also flare when they're dry). Since then, I have been using Vaseline. It's amazing but it gets so boring because it's so plain. Then one day, I found this strawberry lip balm at Sephora and to my amazement it only had petroleum and flavor. With such simple ingredients, I bought it and was very happy to find out that I am not allergic to this balm. Not only it smells so good, but it also moisturizes very well without the need to re-apply often just like your good ol' Vaseline. It's a bit expensive, but it definitely stands out among other lip balms due to their simple short list of ingredients and its use of petroleum. I have been using this for 2 years or more and I have been re-purchasing this.