Aveda Rosemary Mint Conditioner

Aveda Rosemary Mint Conditioner

2.7

Cetyl Alcohol Glycerin (and) Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract Glyceryl Stearate Mentha Piperita Olealkonium Chloride Oryzanol Panthenol Peppermint (Mentha Piperita) Extract Polyquaternium-11 Potassium Sorbate Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Extract Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil Stearalkonium Chloride Tocopherol Vinegar (Acetum) WATER\AQUA\EAU Wheat Amino Acids

on 2/27/2016 1:22:00 PM

First, I'd like to say I love the Rosemary mint scent. It's a combination of Rosemary, peppermint, eucalyptus, spearmint, lavender, marjoram and vanilla. Comes across as minty with a hint of Rosemary, and the vanilla softens it a little so it's not too "essential oil" and harsh smelling. I absolutely love it. However, I agree with the negative reviews that this conditioner is terrible. It's thick, semi-opaque, and sort of waxy. It would be better if it was in a tube. Despite the texture, it does not detangle in the least. Lord help you if you have any tangling issues from your shampoo, because this will not help one iota with that. You really have to rinse and rinse to get it all out. My hair is left feeling a little dry and poofy, not detangled, yet the waxiness of it makes it feels like there's a little bit of residue in my hair? For my fine, wavy hair, I do not like it. It's on the pricier side at $13.50 for 8.4 ounces. The only reason I give it 2 lippies is because I do love the scent.

on 1/31/2016 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I had a travel size bottle of this and absolutely loved it. Smells heavenly. It's definitely not a heavy duty conditioner and probably won't do much for damaged hair but it's great for every day conditioning and the smell alone is worth it. I'm buying a full size bottle of this and the shampoo, if that helps.

To Read all 133 Reviews, Login or Join

Not a winner. I'm only giving it two stars because it gave my hair a bit of shine. Other than that, nothing good. I have the sample size, and the packaging peeves me (you have to unscrew the cap and squeeze it out, which always results in too much or too little.) The smell isn't even remotely nice, and it weighs down my dry, thin hair like no other product. It isn't even pleasant to put on in the shower. Not creamy at all, more watery than anything. Not impressed, will not repurchase.

on 6/8/2014 7:41:00 PM

Lightweight conditioner, this works wonders on my fine, limp and damaged hair. My hair gets greasy fast and needs daily washing in order to not look horrendous. This conditioner doesn't weigh my hair down and detangles very well.

I just don't like the smell. The mint is way too strong and causes my eyes to water. I would love an unscented version of this, but I wouldn't buy this one again

on 11/24/2013 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to love this product. I bought it for summer as I wanted a lighter shampoo/conditioner and a lighter scent for summer. I also wanted something I could use every day as I do wash my hair daily in the summer but not in the winter (usually every other in the winter). This just didn't work on my hair. I have very long, color treated, naturally wavy/curly medium to thick hair which is usually pretty healthy. Our water is City water and more on the hard side than the soft side. Not only did this help to dry out my hair and make it feel like straw (my hair is normally silky feeling to the touch), this was not enough to get ANY tangles out of my hair. I could actually feel the tangles all down my hair while rinsing this product out and usually after rinsing shampoo out of my hair it will be knotted in the back and my conditioner will easily de-tangle any knots - but this didn't do a thing for the knots. I can normally work/feel the tangles coming out as I work the conditioner through my hair and this was a frustrating waste of time as my hair did not change texture at all nor did it de-tangle. I found after every use (after getting out of the shower) I had to put a teaspoon of One 'N Only Argan Oil on my hands and run it through my hair so I could get my wide toothed comb through my mess of tangles. I was extremely disappointed and had to throw it out as I had no other use for it. (Usual everyday shampoo/conditioner - Trevor Sorbee. 1x/bi-weekly routine for stripping unwanted build-up - Terex Latte Shampoo w/One 'N Only Argan Oil hydrating mask)

on 10/22/2013 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Superb conditioner for fine hair like mine that's fairly healthy and non treated. This is definitely NOT for damaged thick hair, but for me it's the perfect amount of weightless moisture. I use it daily with the matching shampoo, let my hair air dry with no styling product in it and I get soft, shiny locks with lots of body and bounce. It doesn't build up and makes hair easy to detangle. I think Rosemary Mint is a great daily no fuss easy to use duo and I have no complaints so far. Plus, the smell is heavenly and the price isn't that bad for Aveda at all.

EDIT: Removed one lippie as it does cause some greasy/waxy build up if I use it more than three days in a row. I moved on to Phylia de M products which are far superior for hair growth and scalp care.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

While I love, love, love, the shampoo, this is way too light for my hair type. My hair pretty much just repelled it, and I couldn't get it to work into my hair. The smell is gentle, but I suspect it's only for people with baby fine hair that is incredibly healthy.

This isn't too expensive, and it works fine. But I'm disappointed in the faint scent, which doesn't even smell strong while I'm in the shower, let alone during the day.

on 9/2/2012 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Works well enough, but has an unpleasant chemical smell. It doesn't smell like the shampoo at all.

This conditioner smells nice and is super light. It is probably best for short hair types because it doesn't really detangle at all. I use this on days i want more volume without having my hair weighed down by a heavy conditioner. It is a great conditioner for men.