4.4

price range

Reviews

2.0

4 years ago

I really like this fresh unisex rose patchouli with a delectable dry down that isn't too dark (perhaps it's because of the slight lift and structure due to Lavander and/or oud). But, somehow, I always forget I own it. When I do remember, I often choose not to wear it if favor of something else more exciting. Exactly unisex, IMO right in the middle. Office appropriate and day appropriate. Citrus and rose of the opening segue very smoothly into the rest of the fragrance, and despite the initial prominence of the rose accord, I would say that the rest of the fragrance would appeal even to those who are not rose lovers.

About reviewer (517 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

12 years ago

I normally wear spicier scents (Caleche Hermes is my evening fragrance and for light days, Chanel no 5). But I will be wearing this one all day every day from here on out. This is an incredible scent- and perfect if you are going for the dark, mysterious femme fatale (not the girl next door). Not for everyone, it is very spicy, exotic and masculine- but the notes of rose are definitely there so I think this works better as a woman's perfume than a man's cologne. Go for it if it suits the image you like to embody- you won't be disappointed. I loved it the second I saw it and bought it without a thought.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal

HairBlack

13 years ago

I totally agree with Maller that this is a very complex and well blended perfume,and in my opinion it's just another fresh take on the rose than just a masculine rose.It has a great citrusy start and this is one of the rare moments that i fully enjoy lavender in a perfume.It also has a great depth from the patchouli and i just can't have enough from it.I also shares Maller's affection for the gorgeous bottle.

About reviewer (317 reviews)

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

14 years ago

Occasionally I crave the patchouli drydown of Rose d'Homme, and so I return to the sample vial that will probably sustain me for a very long while. I've noticed a strong similarity here with the drydown on New Haarlem--that tannic, dry, almost puckering patchouli. I'd like to think I might find something slightly sweet to layer with Rose d'Homme because it's my favorite of the patchouli-dominant scents I've tried (L'Artisan Patchouli Patch, Montale Patchouli Leaves, KM's Patchoulisimme).

About reviewer (58 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

3.0

14 years ago

I guess I'll be the lone dissenter here... I was thoroughly underwhelmed by this one, and I love many of the Rosine fragrances. This smells like a less strident version of Burberry Brit. The patchouli is evident in the dry-down, but it's not the hairy-chested-screamer that exists in many men's scents. This just didn't wow me at all. It's nice... and that's about it.

About reviewer (97 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairRed

14 years ago

gorgeous, great for men of course, and the non frilly uber-gravitas serious femme fatale. rose & patchouli and a little leather. the other notes are there, but thats what i get. fans should also check out 10 corso como; similar notes & structure with that gasoline medicinal agar wood or (oud) note. sounds strange but its amazing

About reviewer (35 reviews)

14 years ago

This fabulous fragrance entered my life a couple of months back; I ordered it from LusciousCargo with no idea what it would smell like, but I had no concerns whatsoever. Two reasons: everything that kate8 has brought home from Rosine has been fantastic (Un Zeste de Rose was one of the first, and I don't know if they were going for the perfect blend of roses and iced tea, but that's what I get from it, and I love it!); the second reason being that as I grow older, I tire of the standard fare available at the average department store men's fragrance counter (Tangent alert: Is the average man so desperate for variety in his scenting life that he actually needs both the normal version of a scent and the illustrious "Sport" version? Pretty soon, liquor stores will offer Coors Light Sport: featuring blue food color and a shot of menthol....) So, when Rose D'Homme arrived, I was very happy. Yes, the rose is definitely there, but I find that it doesn't really show off until the fragrance has been relaxing for 4-5 hours. Definitely a cologne with lasting power, far better than those that die after an hour or so. To be frank, I'm not really that skilled in telling you what notes are present, although I do agree with another reviewer who notices a hint of leather, but not a terribly strong one. Overall, it is now one of my top fragrances and one I will continue to wear for years...............................................and oh yeah, nothing says "man" like a fine cord of brown leather on the cap; good ol' processed cowhide....

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOily

HairBlond

EyesBlue

14 years ago

This is rivaling Poussiere de Rose as my favorite Rosine. It's a gorgeous, soft, warm scent - not a sharp, harsh note to be found anywhere in it. Rose d'Homme is a complex, non-linear fragrance that goes through a multitude of fascinating changes as it dries down. Starts with soft woods and a touch of citrus, then the hay (a note I adore and which is beautifully apparent in this scent), lavender, jasmine and mandarin come forward with rose, vetiver, vanilla and patchouli woven throughout, adding depth and richness. Definitely has a powdery feel to it as it dries down. A very comforting scent. Aedes lists it as having leather, but I'm not picking up on that on my skin at all. Yes, my skin, not my husband's. He doesn't wear scent and it's just as well he doesn't because I'd be stealing this for myself if he did. I hate sex divisions in fragrances and particularly dislike having to admit that a scent is more for a man than a woman, but, grudgingly (very), I'll concede that this is a masculine scent. Still, it's so beautiful I don't care. I also love the bottle. I'm not a tassle type of person, so I very much appreciate the simple, elegant cord around the lid of this one sans tassle.

About reviewer (577 reviews)

Age

SkinOther

15 years ago

Wow! Rose d’Homme is amazing! The best fragrance that I ever had…..Bergamot, citrus, lavender, vertiver, patchouli and the big start: the rose (in a very masculine way). The perfect blend! The fragrance changes so much during the day and it last in my skin to the next morning! So different…so eccentric…so unusual… it is very difficult to describe it with worlds. I totally recommended and I am very glad that I can say that Rose d’Homme is my signature fragrance

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal

EyesHazel

15 years ago

The male rose (rose for men), this one is just about as beautiful as they come!! Roses, lavender, vetiver...a tremendous mix. Add (info from luscious cargo website...):as a topnote symphony lemon, bergamot, and precious woods (all clearly present to my nose), then heart notes of hay and lavender (also there), followed by a base of superior unclassifiable rose blended with patchouli and the vetiver...so delicious and superior that I spray the backs of my hands before sleep to keep this next to us in bed. Luscious cargo lists the perfumer as Francois Robert, and not directly Marie-Heine Rogeon, but I take it they're working together to develop the line. I do not yet know Francois Robert's other works and would be grateful if anyone on MUA can assist me...I'll be looking. The best feature possibly of this smashing scent is that it is an eau de parfum, with 20% juice, and for someone used to only finding pleasure in the section labeled "scents for women" which was fine by me, finally there is a breakthrough perfume made for men with the exquisite qualities that make women's perfumes so irresistable and attractive. The staying power is good and it seems to be sort of a skin scent, a good friend here on MUA suggested a thin layer of vaseline on wrists and inner elbows to help retain the scent. In the hair and under the arms (not too heavy here!), chest and back of neck and knees is a full treatment. This stuff is pure gorgeous IMO...I'm in love with all the Rosines, and this one and Folie de Rose have my fullest attention. Rose d'Homme would work good in all weather and occasions to my nose and sense and the lavender (and vetiver) make it truly comforting and relaxing. It has all the invigorating elements of a summer field (and in the winter it could warm you in the beautiful snow and ice) with the sizzling hot and cool sexiness of the sun and moon (and stars) in the sky...heaven and earth. Needless to say this one is now my HG signature scent...(has got me reconsidering the use of aftershaves and a wish that, like Villoresi, Rogeon might extend her male line...finally male toiletries extended to the highest level of perfume art, classic fresh lemon/bergamot/woods, vetiver and lavender strewn through glorious rose with just the right hay heart and patchouli drydown to keep it interesting!). Overall simply otherworldly. EDIT: For total correctness thus far, here are the notes as they are listed on Aedes.com, I'm wondering which the correct version is as I tend to agree with the first description I found above...Top Notes: bergamot, citrus, patchouli, vetiver. Heart Notes: vanilla, lavender, leather. Base Notes: jasmine, mandarin, rose.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

HairBrunette