Bobbi Brown Face Powder

Bobbi Brown Face Powder

3.3

I love that I was able to find a shade perfect for my skin. I have yellow/olive skin that can be hard to colour match so I was really happy about that. I tend to get shiny easily and this powder is fine with that. I do need to touch up after a few hours but it's not that bad. What I love about this powder is that it never looks cakey and blends beautifully! Very lightweight and also does quite a good job of evening out my skin, mind you as a powder it doesn't offer coverage for anything really but if you have a bit of redness or slight uneveness will help with that.

on 7/2/2011 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I couldn't agree more with the previous comment. I feel I have wasted quite a lot of money for a mediocre product. It is very chalky and yellow and leaves my face looking dull and lifeless. I only apply it on my Tzone but I really don't like the result. It's not particularly long lasting and there are cheaper brands around that achieve the same results. I just can't bear to throw it away since you can't return cosmetics in the UK but I am extremely annoyed. It is a true rip off from a brand like Bobbi Brown.

on 2/20/2010 12:45:00 PM

I've always been a great fan of Bobbi Brown products. I've been using their oil free foundation for the last 10 years and have been impressed with their colours that blend perfectly into my skin with a wonderful finish.

With that, I had high expectations for this product. Unfortunately, I didn't like this product and I soon found the performance to be mediocre.

I found the texture to be rather coarse, and it wasn't as fine as the Chanel loose powder that I was used to.

The finish was ok, the colours blended perfectly. However, the product lacked mattifying stamina. I have combination skin and by mid-day, my t-zone was shiny and was screaming for a touch up. For the price, I think there are better products out there.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For the price, I am not impressed with this powder at all. I feel that I could find something better from a drugstore. This powder leaves my face matte for most of the day, but it does not leave my face feeling fresh or radiant. This powder leaves my skin feeling flat, dull, and lifeless.

on 2/18/2010 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Wish i read product desc first in bb website!not that it's a bad product, i was looking for powder that mattifies since i have very very oily skin. this powder has even make my face even oilier in 20 - 30 mins upon application!too bad though cause i like the finishing, very good coverage almost like a foundation, it can cover my acne scars well and this doesnt break me out which is why i give it 3 lippies. But i wont buy it again, maybe i'll try the sheer finish loose powder for better oil control.

on 7/24/2010 1:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

let me just get to the point and straight to the CONS.
1. BREAKS my ACNE PRONE SKIN OUT! there is an ingredient in this product that aggravates my skin terribly!
2. Does NOT keep the oilies at bay. After half an hour using this to set my foundation, my face turned abnormally oily! (Partially because I live in a tropical island and partially because I have an oily t-zone; but that is why I need a powder that can withstand all these factors! unfortunately this loose powder does not).
Price is expensive! I expected the product to have better quality.
I use 3.5 warm beige in the bobbi brown natural long lasting foundation and use face powder in 6 warm natural. Supposedly warm natural is for those who use bobbi brown foundation in natural - warm natural, but my warm beige is a tad too light so I opted for a darker powder.

on 1/20/2009 12:40:00 PM

I've been a loyal user of Bobbi's Sheer Finish Loose Powder for years but tried this recently when I ran out of the Sheer. I was surprised by the results. The finely milled powder provides excellent, soft-focus coverage, much more so than the Sheer without being at all cakey. I use Pale Yellow, which is the perfect shade to minimize redness. The only negative? I dusted this on my eyelids, however, and found it made my eyes itch like crazy so I won't do that again.

on 5/6/2009 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I tend to use powder after spot concealing (under eyes and any other place that needs it only) and this powder is perfect for it. The only time I apply powder is right when I'm doing my makeup, I just blot the rest of the time. Expensive at $34, but it's 1 oz so it should last, especially with the way I use it! I bought pale yellow.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I cannot wear any of Bobbi Brown's powders and this original loose powder is no exception. Too yellow on my ppp/pink undertone colouring. As far as quality, like her foundations I have reviewed, this powder seems to make my skin uneven and I have nice skin! The *feel* of the powder is quite nice, the packaging is beautiful with its black screw lid; however, at $40 a pop, I will not repurchase.

on 9/24/2008 5:20:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I was looking for a loose powder since a longggggggggggg time to set my sheer foundation after application!
I had tried Clinique loose powder but somehow it didnt give me the neat finish and the most horrible part about clinique powders were the shades...the lightest color looked freakin dark on my super pale skin!!
So i quit using clinique and started to use a drugstore powder which i was satisfied with....used it for about 7-8months...and in the meanwhile i was on the search for a loose powder with great texture and long lasting power...and FINALLY my search ends....!!
I simply love the bobbi brown's pale yellow face powder...I use it with estee lauder equalizer....its of great quality...it looks super natural...i feel i have no makeup on...and to add on to that, i have got several compliments too! Very little is required at a time since putting too much might make your face look cakey! And ofcourse, you need a good powder brush to apply this powder!!! I use the MAC 182 Kabuki to set this on and it looks great!!
So overall, i am very happy with this face powder and the pale yellow shade blends my face like fish to water! So i recommend this to all the girls who are looking for sheer-medium loose powder to set their foundations and make the color look natural even after 10 hours!
This product is NOT for touch-ups...its only recommended for setting your makeup...and v.little is required at a time...
Pressed Powders are more preferred for touch-ups!!
I have taken off one lippie because of the packaging which i agree with others as said, is very bad....It lasts me a longggg time but since its so expensive...you dont want to waste any bit of it....i wish they could come up with a better way...