Aveda Damage Remedy Restructuring Shampoo

No Image

3.5

Ingredients (typed & simplified by hand): Aqueous Extracts: Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Leaf Powder, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Babassuamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium CocoGlucoside Citrate, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Oleate, CocoGlucoside, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil, Fusanus Spicatus Wood Oil, Olea Europea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract, Phellodendron Amurense Bark Extract, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Stearic Acid, Potassium Stearate, Fragrance (Parfum), Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Polyquaternium-10, Laureth-4, Laureth-23, Glycerin, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Benzoic Acid, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Annatto (Cl 75120)

on 3/11/2017 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Makes hair so soft. Neat trick, put damage remedy conditioner in lengths of hair and while it's still in, add the shampoo to the roots, lather roots and rinse. Amazingly soft hair every time, love this product.

on 9/6/2016 9:59:00 PM

This is HG status shampoo. It works wonders for my natural, fine hair. The quinoa protein is wonderful and it is sulfate free! You may need something more moisturizing if you have damaged hair.

Not good for my fine, blonde, bleached hair. Snaps it right off and it smells terrible. Every Aveda product has been a complete dud for me and I've tried most of them, having worked at a place that sold the Aveda line. I'd rather use drugstore shampoo.

on 3/6/2016 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

This is my favourite shampoo at the moment and I have been using it for a couple of years now. It is expensive, but in my opinion also worth it as I can see the difference it makes to my hair. It is also sulphate free and gentle on my relaxed Afro hair. Really helps to keep my hair strong and healthy. As this is a Protein shampoo so I only use this for every other wash and alternate this with either a clarifying or moisturising shampoo.

on 2/19/2016 7:53:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I hate this shampoo.. I realized my hair was not growing at all while i used this and made my hair feel like straw.. Its super expensive and made my blonde hair look brassy

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

My hair is very picky about shampoos, especially as I professionally colour it every 8-10 weeks and my scalp doesn't like anything with sulfates. Talk about a tall order to fill.
I got this shampoo a while back and decided to start using it as I'm on a 'use up my stash' kick.
I should have never bought this shampoo. It's okay but definitely not worth the price tag.
It dries out my scalp somewhat so I can't use it too often and my hair feels a bit parched too.
If you have non chemically treated hair and a somewhat oily scalp, you may like this shampoo.
A big miss from Aveda.

on 2/2/2015 2:27:00 PM

When I was in college a few years ago, I worked as a Receptionist at an Aveda salon. I received a generous discount and had a great fill of products in my beauty supply! But after leaving the job, I couldn't bring myself to buy the products at full price. So instead, I've been using other salon brands at lower cost.

But recently, I have missed the shampoo so much that I decided to finally go back. Although Damage Remedy is a little pricey (1 liter it's $84), this product is well worth it for many reasons!

When I use this shampoo, I RARELY need to use conditioner afterward because it leaves my hair so soft and healthy on it's own. (I have normal hair, on the thicker side, and it can get frizzy). The smell is very pleasant and just makes me feel so good in the shower. The scent for me is therapeutic. :)

You don't need to use much; a little goes a long way, so it will last for awhile. A liter typically lasts me about 5 months and I wash my hair every 2-3 days.

I live in the Midwest, so for me it's important during winter to not only moisturize my skin, but use a great shampoo to keep my hair healthy and soft too. I highly recommend this shampoo to anyone who has chemically treated hair, or wants healthy locks in general. Will stick with this product!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm mixed raced with thick loose wavy hair. I use Damage Remedy Shampoo twice a week and alternate between Palmers Protein Deep Conditioning Pack And Olive Oil Moisturizing Deep Conditioning Pack each time. This shampoo is lovely and does wonders for my hair. I don't shed as much anymore and I don't have to trim my hair every month. Hair is longer, stronger and shinier than ever. I do this route routine in conjunction with the Aveda Invati Scalp Revitalizer. I don't do the Damage Remedy Conditioner because I find that I have to use a lot of it to cover my hair from beginning to end and it will finish long before the Shampoo. I get my money's worth in just shampoo and the conditioning packs, which are like whipped pudding and they go a long way. Hair looks amazingly healthy afterward. I just bought the larger bottle in the shampoo because I just can't be without it. Thank you Aveda.

UPDATE* 2/8/15 I can't find any spit ends! I will use this shampoo forever.

on 11/19/2014 6:49:00 PM

I have highlighted/colour-treated long Asian hair, and was finding that my hair was knotting up over time, so I started using the Daily Repair detangler which worked so well I invested in the Damage Remedy Restructuring Shampoo and Conditioner. I liked the way it lathered up and seemed to be more conditioning that the Aveda Scalp Remedy that I usually use. BUT it has caused my skin to break out in milia all along my forehead and temples, basically where my hair is in regular contact with my skin. I'd been using it for 4 months and initially thought the milia was due to the summer or exercising, but was still breaking out when the weather turned colder, and I stopped getting sweaty due to injury. My regular beautician had pointed out the milia occurring, which was about a 3-4 weeks after I started using it.
Reading the ingredients, it contains dimethicone which is silicone and can clog pores (not good). I am annoyed that this is sold as "natural" when it isn't. I haven't used any different skin products either. I've stopped using the Damage Remedy duo 2 weeks ago and already my skin is clearing up.

I have fine, wavy hair that was very damaged from highlighting and heat styling. It had turned flat, broke very easily and was about as bad as I'd ever seen it. Other shampoos and treatments that had helped when I had just little damage did almost nothing. I'd always been wary of trying Aveda because of the high price tag, but took the plunge on the Damage Therapy Restructuring Shampoo due to the good reviews I'd read online and my sheer desperation. I bought the shampoo with the Daily Restucturing Therapy. After one use, my hair looked so much healthier! The damage isn't entirely gone, of course -- that will only happen once the ratty ends are cut out. However, my hair is much softer, more manageable and attractive again -- without being weighed down. Just wish it weren't so expensive!

Popular Shampoos