DHC Eye Bright

No Image

3.7

water/aqua/eau, cucumis sativus (cucumber) juice, butylene glycol, pentylene glycol, placental protein, isodonis japonicus extract, carbomer, potassium hydroxide, phenoxyethanol, caffeine, saccharide isomerate, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, sodium hyaluronate, allantoin 2/5/11

on 12/7/2016 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I tried a sample packet for several days. I found the consistency thin, cooling and easily applied to the eye area. Unfortunately, it dried rather noticeably with a film.
I've liked several DHC products I've tried over the years, and had a few favorites, but do not purchase them any longer as they are not cruelty-free.

on 5/7/2012 10:14:00 PM

I'm pretty neutral on this, but that may be because I'm not the target customer for this product, so take this review with that in mind. This product is meant to address puffiness and dark circles, and I don't really have those issues. I do however, have some crepiness on my eyelids, so I sampled this for over a week to see whether it did anything for that. It does moisturize well for a gel, and it keeps moisturizing the entire day. The crepiness is minimized. The thing is, the ingredient that moisturizessodium hyaluronatedoes so on a temporary basis. It doesn't do anything to improve the skin or lessen the crepiness over time. I will be looking for an eye cream that promises to increase collagen instead.

Used a few samples of this, but cannot give it a good review as it stung the corners of my eyes. It's a clear, runny serum that dries quick enough. I didn't notice any particular soothing or moisturising properties. I did notice a mild stinging or burning near the corners of my eyes. The first time I used it I thought it might be reacting with an AHA I had used. The next time I tried it on bare skin without using any AHA. Same stinging. So, this is a no for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I dun have very dark eye circles neither do I have puffy eyes. But the area under my eyes are a tad dry. I used this eye bright from a huge sample and I was able to use it for 4-5 days before realizing my under eye area is a tad dry. Bottom line is if you are young and dun have dry under eyes, u can give this gel a try. But most people have dry under eye areas and would not have the capacity to own several different types of eye cream. Yeah I think I will give this a miss and go back to my Clinique all about eyes rich.

on 7/8/2011 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have received many samples of this over the years and have tried it on and off over and over again. It never seemed to do much for my giant eye-bags. Recently I saw some MUAers saying that you need to apply it AT NIGHT to see results. So instead of applying in the morning only, I've been applying both morning and night for about 10 days. I do think it is making a difference. However, I still have eye bags...it is reducing them perhaps 40 to 50 percent. And I can't vouch that this is the SOLE FACTOR in the change (sometimes, the weather, allergies, lack of sleep, etc make a difference). At 48, I also need something that does more than "refresh" and "cool" that area, so I'm a little concerned how this will perform long-term in dealing with wrinkles. On the plus side, this gel seems more moisturizing than similar products I've tried. My eye area feels soft and I don't see additional wrinkles. If it continues to have these effects, I'd definitely repurchase, because for a non-drugstore eye product, it's quite affordable. EDIT: I stopped using this for 2 weeks and switched back to my normal eye cream. My eyes got puffier! I'm going to order a full size of this now.

on 3/25/2011 2:20:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Ok, so you have those nights when you have too much too drink, or you got in a huge fight with your husband/bf and you wake up and your eyes are practically sealed shut from puffiness/crying all night? (it happens....) This is a miracle for de-puffing. Its not meant to be a moisturizing eye cream.... the caffiene ingriediant is meant to de-puff those eyes and it really wont do much for dark circles. This is really meant to wake up crying eyes and it does!!! I have access to the best of Japanese skincare because my husband works importing all these brands into the US. (He's Japanese and I have everything from Shiseido and Kose latest and greatest...) I always come back to this for de-puffing. This isnt your everyday under eye cream but it will help you when you really need it.

on 9/5/2010 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this is very refreshing, hydrating and helps with puffiness. it is soothing on sensitive skin. love this!

on 2/15/2011 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this product to help with dark circles (my under eye circles are about the color of light bruises). As the day wears on my under eye gets darker, and this did help reduce the "shadow". It's consistancy is a gel, and you only need to use a little at a time. I will repurchase.

on 3/8/2011 8:26:00 PM

Didn't notice any improvement and was a rather sticky gel/ serum. Only got as a sample and used over the course of 2 weeks but b/c I'm a demanding consumer I expect improvement sooner than that.. :)

on 7/11/2010 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Decided to spring for this while it was on sale.
I needed a quick pick me up for my eyes in the morning, and the caffeine in this does just that. It feels cool and soothing.
I don't have dark under eye issues so I don't know if it does much in that category. But as a light gel that really helps alleviate any puffiness it's aces. It's saved me from the dreaded allergy eye too!
I'm glad I bought it.