Almay Intense i-liner in Raisin Quartz

Almay Intense i-liner in Raisin Quartz
Prestige eyeliner

3.7

triethylhexanon, ozokerite, beeswax, castor seed oil, carnauba wax, dipentaerythrityl tetrahydroxystearate/tetraisostearate, caprylyl methicone, tocopheryl acetate, soybean oil, aloe leaf extract, polymethyl methacrylate, bht, methylparaben, propylparaben [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499), carmine (ci 77470), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)]

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've been told my eyes are green & then I've been told my eyes are hazel.
I bought this on the former assumption but every time I use it it looks purplish-red. People ask if I'm OK.
I can't remember the price. I do like the built-in sharpener. But where's the smudger? Oh that's right, it doesn't need one because it rubs or wears off much too easy. Nope, I won't repurchase.

on 8/31/2014 5:20:00 PM

It's just ok. Doesn't last long, and though minor, the cap doesn't fit on the end, making it a handful when applying, or requiring you to put it on the sink. Otherwise the color is pretty and makes a nice smudgy plum color on my fair skin.

on 12/29/2012 12:34:00 PM

Love this color as it really brings out the green in my eyes. We don't have this brand over here (Sweden) so I always pick up a couple when we are over in the states. The price is low, color great and staying power is fine for the price.

on 2/10/2012 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

My most favorite Eyeliner I have ever bought!! Looks great with sunset eyeshadow on top lid, with green eyes!! :) Will buy over and over again!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to like this liner - colour is a great plummy burgundy - fabulous with blue eyes, but I was allergic to this - girls with sensitive eyes, beware

on 6/22/2011 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

pretty color, but almost too light to see. i would have to go over the line 3 or 4 times to make it visible, and that caused too much dragging at my eyelid. i might try the liquid version-- hoping it's more pigmented.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love the colour, hate the product. It doesn't last at all which is a shame because the colour is perfect. A really nice burgundy that makes my hazel eyes pop. I would rebuy if it came in a long lasting formula. Almay, are you listening?

on 2/21/2010 8:55:00 AM

This is a pretty color only I wish it was a little more plum/mahogony. I think it looks so much better than black eyeliner which can look a little too garish. This is my go to eyeliner.

on 11/4/2009 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was hoping for more of an aubergine color...However, this is a plum brown. The color is very beautiful on brown eyes. I had to reappy this liner, which is no biggie to me. I didn't have any problems with my eyes stinging. I will probably not buy this eyeliner again...

on 10/5/2009 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

EDIT: no, no, no. Alas. It ran. And got into eyes. Stung. Everything had to be removed, there was much redness and weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. Back to Clinique.

Pros: lovely shade, a plum with elements of purple, burgundy, russet-brown. Between Clinique Quickliner's nicer browns - Smoky Brown, Rich Coffee - and Violet, with more burgundy than the latter. As such, I prefer it, and it's closer in colour to my all-time favourite liner, the brush-on Clinique Black Honey. (EDIT: yep, before I discovered the joys of the Grape. And Raisin is very close to Grape in shade: similar tone, slightly deeper.)

Like the Quickliners, this is a twist-up pencil. It has an inbuilt sharpener at the base, but as it's a twist-up inside plastic, you don't need that as much as with a regular pencil. Neat invention. While you don't need such a thing with the Quickliners (they're quite soft, and the point can be "sharpened" on the back of your hand), you do need something with the Almay version as it's a bit harder than the Quickliner. But it does go on smoothly without pulling the skin, and is pretty good for tightlining. Being what I use these for, with a preference for pencil over brush-on on working days.

Decent price. No animal testing. And the packaging looks very like the Quickliner - mainly grey, discreet writing in sans-serif, and minus the Quickliner's useless smudgifier with the further uselessness of a cap that always falls off. Thumbs up all round, except for the weeping and wailing etc. side of things. Probably worth a try, at the price. An overall 3 as a 5 for the colour, 4 for idea and form, and a 1 for bugging my eyes.

INGREDIENTS: triethylhexanon, ozokerite, beeswax, castor seed oil, carnauba wax, dipentaerythrityl tetrahydroxystearate/tetraisostearate, caprylyl methicone, tocopheryl acetate, soybean oil, aloe leaf extract, polymethyl methacrylate, bht, methylparaben, propylparaben [+/- mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499), carmine (ci 77470), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] continued >>