Chanel Double Perfection Fluide [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

3.9

on 8/3/2009 5:25:00 PM

This makeup gives a gorgeous silky matte finish when first applied, but it can start to look cakey towards the end of the day, and accentuate fine lines. It would be brilliant for those with oily skin, however. The bottle is beautiful and looks really elegant, but a pump dispenser would be less wasteful and more hygienic. The coverage is medium and the shades are natural looking- not too yellow, nor too pink. Overall, it's a good quality foundation, but it can let you down after a few hours, and not really worth the high price-tag.

on 5/6/2009 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I had high hopes for this because the compact version was my HG for years until it was reformulated (why Chanel, why??) This did not provide enough coverage for my acne-prone skin, oxidized throughout the day, and made my skin feel greasy and uncomfortable. I also couldn't find a good color match for my NC15 skin. This might work for girls with normal-slightly oily skin with few imperfections to cover up.

on 4/13/2009 9:33:00 AM

This was my HG foundation - it was long lasting, photographed well and got loads of compliments when I wore it. I hate the replacement Matt lumiere - it is heavy, cakes and does not wear well. I am currently searching for a replacement foundation that lasts as well while looking natural. Any recommendations?

on 3/11/2009 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this foundation! The best matte finish with amazing staying power!. I use this mixed with Sheer Brilliance in Soft Bronze so I get that matte finish but it has dimension. I love this stuff! No pump though. I apply this with my fingers to great results!

on 1/18/2009 8:15:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Amazing foundation that gives you that model-like skin. Wide range of shades so you can find the one that's perfect for you. Lasts more that 7 hours and it doesn't look fake no matter how much you use. medium coverage ideal for generally clear skins prone to those occasional blemishes

on 3/10/2009 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Why they discontinued this amazing foundation, I will never understand. It is without a doubt the best foundation I've ever used. I'm very oily, and this glided on my skin like silk and controlled the shine all day. It's exquisite. The Mat Lumiere, which replaced the Double Perfection, doesn't measure up. Why did they discontinue such a fabulous product????

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

What a gorgeous foundation - infact it is my HG foundation for summer. It controls perfectly your T-zone (need some settling powder though) and is the perfect solution for olily or combo skin in hot weather.
I have been using this for years in summer, since I was a teenager, but at the time it had a different name (something like Teint Mat but I am not sure) I recall it was the first foundation with volatile silicones - at the time it was the cutting edge technology - and I guess the formula is unchanged, as it has the same exact smell of the 20 years ago one (and the same staying power and the same texture - the bottle was different at the time it was a cylinder now it's a square bottle)!
I love the texture - very light, a bit on the runny side and yes, you need to apply it quickly otherwise it will dry before you spread it.
I use my fingers with this foundation (a brush is more indicated for creamier fluids) and I make sure to spread it quickly. It is fresh, leave your skin made up with a fresh feeling.
Very pigmented, has an excellent coverage & has a more than average staying power and - even it if has this good coverage, it is still very light and not cakey at all.
I use a dark colour (guess it's 60, Hal) in summer when my skin is tanned. I had been using it also in my typical 20 Clair shade in Chanel, but when my skin (in winter) is like that I switch to other foundation, a bith richer.

I heard they are discontinuing it? hope it's only a rumor, not corresponding to the truth... 'cuase this is one of their top notch products.
In any case, better start stock piling....

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Well, let me just say i LOVE this product, it is my only foundation that I use. i have extremely oily skin and this is a very good solution for me, although it can feel dry SOMETIMES, and i can def. feel how people with dry skin could hate this foundation.

Idk what is wrong with the product I bough, but mine DOES have pump top O.o

Anyways, I never really have to touch up much throught the day if at all and it will last me a whole school day 8 hours no problem

I have not experienced any horrible breakouts with this product, at least none that I can directly relate to this product.

If it wasn't so expenisive I would buy this foundation again.

on 11/2/2008 12:53:00 AM

people keep telling me that how great the chanel foundations are, but with trying this one, i got absolutly disappointed. it makes me looked so yellow and the worst thing is i got so many lumps underneath my skin around my chin, it was really hard to get rid of them, ended up i just gave it to my friend, it was such a painful experince.

on 11/2/2008 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My all time favorite foundation. Why Chanel decided to discontinue it is beyond me. I have contacted corporate offices and even searched for my color online. I finished my last bottle and can't stop trying different foundations. Nothing compares to Chanel Double Perfection.
It smoothed out every single line, blemish, and age spot and lasted a 12 hour day. It went on wet but dried to a velvety smooth beautiful glowing always oil free look. It was also great for my olive skin tone. I wore the Sunlit in intensity 6.

I will keep buying and trying foundations that claim to do the same things as my DP did. Hopefully, one day I will find a replacement. In the meantime I am still morning its loss and wish it would come back.