Montale Intense Tiare

3.9

I adore this scent. A true tiare with nothing added. It is very sweet floral and on my skin there's nothing fruity to it. It is very intense - it wears a long time.
It comes in an aluminium bottle which is not very elegant looking, but it is the best way to store the fragrance.

Ordered a sample of this from Lucky Scent. Tried this one because I love the smell of gardenias. Unfortunately, this turns sweet and fruity on me. Smells like a pineapple-scented candle that a young girl in high school would have burning in her bedroom. For me, this one is a pass.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Lovely tropical scent that's well-blended enough to keep the coconut and tiare from turning this scent into suntan lotion, which unfortunately happens with way too many tiare/coconut scents in my experience. The ylang ylang adds a creaminess to the tiare and coconut, and just enough vanilla peeks out throughout the dry down to add just a dash of sweetness. Love it, and will definitely be reaching this when I need a bit of the tropics in my life.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I love everything Montale (even those that don't work for me) They just do what they do very well. This is a lovely tropical scent. As expected of this house, a high quality well blended coconut, tiare flower and vanilla. Ideal for year round use. However, this is an exact but much more expensive COPY of the 1975 Comptoir Sud Pacifique Aloha Tiare! I have the CSP and I'm very happy!! ;-)

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

amazing...just amazing...
a perfect example how a summer scent (''summer scent'') should feel and look like....ans of course-smell like..
nothing stands out too much....here we have tiare, very pure tiare gardenia, coconut-milky and creamy...and well ALOT is goin on in here....it seems simple, but no, this is so gourmand and so beautifull...
lovers of B.Goddess (First edition OF COURSE)-hurry,hurry, buy this Montale, you'll love it for sure:))))

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Putting on this fragrance makes me feel like I'm soaking up the sun at the beach with flowers in my hair. Monoi oil is one of my favourite scents in the world, and Intense Tiare smells like monoi oil's more sophisticated older sister. Within the first 15 minutes of application, the fragrance has an almost green edge, probably due to the jasmine. However, the jasmine quickly takes a backseat and the tiare and coconut milk come to the forefront creating the most perfect, warm, creamy, elegant tropical fragrance. Unlike monoi oil, which, though gorgeous, is a rather static scent containing only tiare and coconut, Intense Tiare develops on the skin and has depth. I don't detect any rose, and only the slightest hint of ylang-ylang, but the floral blend adds sophistication to the otherwise sweet scent and saves it from smelling like suntan lotion. Sillage is good but not offensive, and it lasts around 8-9 hours on my skin. I asked my husband what he thought of the scent and he straight up just said "sex", so if that's not a stamp of approval, I don't know what is.

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Well I am shocked that a true floral scent exists that does not give me an instant headache or make my stomach do flips. This is a true interpretation of the Tiare flower. Starting off intense, it soon softens to a pleasant floral blended well with the creamiest of coconut. The drydown is dead-on reminiscent of a tropical vacation and actually quite wonderful. I am still gun shy though. Florals are not, not, not my thing with the exception being rose blended to smell very, very dirty. When I first pulled the stopper from my little sample last week, I thought "Oh gag, funeral parlor". However, I am determined to finish all of my many samples, giving each one a full day of wear before I make my next FB purchase. This was in the rotation so I figured today/Saturday, should be a safe day as I planned on being mostly at home (close to my shower). A pleasant surprise, I must say. I may actually like this. Certainly, I don't think at this point I would buy a full bottle, even though this would be a super fragrance for summertime. As with all the Montale's I have tried, the sillage and lasting power are outstanding. Floral lovers will no doubt be enamoured with this. I think I am a little bit too. Imagine that.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I think I am in love! This is an intoxicating fragrance! It's really heavy on gardenia with a sweet coconut note and a "dirty", musk-y base that gives this perfume an edge. Pretty similar to Monyette Paris. Better worn at night, cause this is ultra sexy. It develops on skin becoming warmer and more sensual and has good sillage. Definitely full-bottle worthy!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this one and expected to do so, but I do not. This has some pretty notes imbedded in it and is youthful and sweet. Waaaaaaay too sweet... like marshmallows triple dipped in sugar sweet and when I smell this it tickles my nose all the way down to my stomach the way marshmellows do. It is also headache-inducing. This is very youthful and reminds me of a high end BBW product. I am soooo glad I purchased a giant decant of this and tried it rather than blindly ordering it. Well, it is the perfect fragrance for someone!!

This one was my gateway drug into profound and possibly irreversible tuberose addiction (even though it's not really a tuberose scent - bear with me...). Before trying this, I hated tuberose with a huge passion any perfume with even a hint of it made me turn and run screaming the other way. Still, I was strangely intrigued by tropical white flowers, and gardenia in particular even though I knew that many gardenia scents are kissing cousins to tuberose (or are sometimes tuberose in disguise). I ordered a sample of Intense Tiare, and one of Monyette Paris - I think because they both have coconut notes, and I was in a beachy mood. When I tried one on each wrist, I found that the contrast with the more in your face tuberoseyness of Monyette made the Intense Tiare just smell sweet, coconut-y and luscious, luscious, luscious. I was intoxicated, couldnt get enough of it, and was ready to buy a full bottle on the spot. But then the strangest thing happenedat odd moments of the day while wearing Intense Tiare, I would think maybe I should try that awful, disgusting tuberosey Monyette thing again on the other arm just to be *remind* myself that I dont like it. Well, you know the story: one sniff led to another and another, and soon I was sniffing Monyette *by itself* andLIKING IT!!! Liking it so much, in fact, that I soon began trying all the other scents with tuberose notes that I had previously turned my back on. Fracas and Carnal Flower and Beyond Lovecome to momma! But I digress. The real story here is that Intense Tiare is quite a lovely tiare/gardenia; its a warm lagoon of incredibly sweet, slightly creamy, smoooooth, heady, tropical goodness. But it doesnt have enough tuberose in it for my taste. Kidding. But seriously, I do find it a little too sweet for me these days (and Im a big sucker for sweet scents). Was off the charts five lippies when I first tried it, now down to three and a half Ill call it four. Highly recommended for a summer vacation at the beach (or when you want to feel like youre there).

Edited to add: Tonight, I sprayed a tiny bit just to have a whiff, and from across the room, Mr. Phthalo comes literally running, asks "What is THAT?" and pretends to bite my arm. I think we have another fan.

Popular Fragrances