Vincent Longo SPF 15 Lip Stain in Eve Rose

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Wow. I am surprised that this product has such high reviews as this is one of the worst lip products I have purchased in quite a while. I should note that the color is this lipstick is very pretty, but everything else about it is lacking. First, this is definitely not a lip stain. At best, this works similarly to a lip gloss. It has an incredibly buttery/creamy formulation which feels nice on the lips, but does not last long (and it definitely doesn't work like a lip stain in any capacity). I am really confused as to why they wanted to call this a lip stain.

The packaging is another huge complaint of mine. The stick gets damaged every time you rotate it up and down through the tube. The sides of the stick scrape along the sides of the tube because the tube is either too small for the stick, or the stick is off center inside the tube. I'm not sure which reason is the cause, but the super delicate and buttery formula doesn't help, either and makes this product seem cheap and lazy.

For the hefty price tag ($23), this should be SO much better, but instead it's just a lazy attempt at making a high end lipstick. I can't say I'll ever be purchasing another from Vincent Longo as this was a huge disappointment.

on 1/20/2009 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I only wish I had found/tried this sooner! It has a great, creamy consistency that glides on easily and forgives dry spots (which other "stains" usually cling to), and feels moisturizing. The Eve Rose color is a beautiful berry/rose, with a very slight touch of blue; dark enough to be luscious but neutral enough for any time of day.

To Read all 13 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

A great lip stain. Don't apply too much and it will actually be a STAIN. The rose color is a darker rose, almost red, so it stands up well to darker coloring - either skin or hair or both. The stain stays on for hours. The only problem I had was that it really wore off a lot where my lips meet. Stayed on on the rest of my lips. I wish I could get more colors, but seems like all the stores around here are no longer carrying Vincent Longo stuff.

on 10/6/2008 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOVE IT! Although, it's certainly not a stain. Those expecting a stain should try Vincent Longo lip and cheek stain in My Sunshine - it's the absolute best stain on the market for both lips and cheeks.
For a creamy wash of deep color though, this lipstick is beautiful on my light/medium complexion. I like to use it sparingly during the day, and pile it on at night. It'll especially look gorgeous in the winter months!

One big complaint: The packaging is atrocious, as the lipstick breaks off when closing it because the 'twist' mechanism doesn't really work.

on 9/13/2008 11:52:00 PM

It looked amazing on me when I tried it on at Sephora. Was so excited. It is still quite pretty but the color looks a bit too pale and wears off quickly. Also the stick itself broke and had to try to reattach it, put it in the fridge to freeze back together.
Does make nice natural-looking lips
EDIT: I have been using it more and more and am liking the stainy look more and more, the duration is still pretty short

on 2/7/2008 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I got this as a sample from Sephora. This color looks really nice with my fair complexion and it is quite moisturizing as well. However, it's advertised as a lip stain but it wipes off like a lipstick. I'm on the fence it I will buy a full tube since its easy to swipe on for some quick day time color, I just wished it was a stain. I really want a stain that moisturizes and I'm just starting to wondering if a product like this actually even exists.

on 8/22/2007 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is one of my favorite everyday lippies. It looks very dark, but applies as a sheer rose. After trying about 15 lipsticks at Sephora and having to take each of the previous colors off, my lips were very dry but this felt so soothing that I was sold immediately. It is much softer and creamier than the NARS lipsticks I had tried previously. The color is not long lasting, so I do need to reapply throughout the day. I plan to try Cherry and Nude next. For reference, NC15 / BB Porcelain / Alima W1, dark drown hair, brown eyes. UPDATE: I am upping this to 5 lippies, as this has become my everday color. I apply, blot and reapply and truly love the color.

Here is a pic of me with this color on:

Full Size Image

on 12/22/2006 10:19:00 PM

This color doesn't work for me. I tried Cherry and Genasei and am in love with Longo Lipstains in those colors, but this one is too dark for me. There's a fine line of lipstick intensity that when crossed, makes my lips look ugly-wugly and brings out the lines in my face. So I try NOT to cross that line! (Okay....this happens because of all the lines my *age* has crossed, but I'm sure I'm not the only one.)

So, Eve Rose, which works fine on some people, is just a little too dark and purply for me and is going back to Sephora. ADDED NOTE: I gave Eve Rose to my daughter and it's her favorite lipstick and she wears it every day! And I think it looks good on her too! So go figure. She is (obviously) younger than I am, and is a PPP with hazel eyes, hair currently very dark brown.

on 11/22/2005 8:05:00 PM

I ordered this from Sephora, thinking it was going to be a lighter shade of rose. I was a bit surprised to see how deep the color is, and was nervous that it was going to make my already-very-pigmented lips even darker, but I LOVE this color. Sheer and goes on smooth, and looks really really really good. I'm going to buy this one again, definitely.

on 11/1/2005 10:56:00 AM

This is very very pretty. Roses/pinks are usually too muddy or too cool on me, but this one is a pretty deep pink (not mauve, not browney) that always looks good. I'll definitely repurchase.