Aveda Pure-fume absolute

No Image

on 12/11/2007 4:14:00 PM

I very much prefer oil based fragrances (SJP Lovely Liquid Satin, Narciso Rodriguez Musc for Her) so I had to try this one. The key element I chose was the one that smells just like Shampure 'poo and I'm absolutely hooked! I just can't stop sniffing at me when I wear this.

This comes in a tiny glass container. I'd prefer a roll-on, but the opening is small, so you won't be wasting any product.

It doesn't last all day long, and you won't be smelling of Shampure from a distance. But that's the great thing about oil based perfumes. They are meant to be smelled at a close distance, which makes them super-sensual.

Love this fragrance, so I'll keep repurchasing.

This is an option for one of aveda's personal blends. Personal blends are not really what the name says, there are about 15 or so blends that you can choose from and the blend you choose is either added to an oil base (absolute) or an alcohol base (spirit). I got this in #5 and #3. #5 is the blend used in the brilliant line...the description is......"a smooth light floral with a green note".The notes are jasmine and lemon. I am NOT a jasmine lover at all. This is just a fresh smelling lovely scent that is pefect for when you want to wear something light and inoffensive. If you've ever smelled anything from the aveda brilliant line, that is what this smells like exactly. Very nice. #3 is my favorite. It is described as being a "warm sweet honey aroma with a powdery note". The notes are vanilla, jasmine and cinnamon. This one is delicious. It doesn't have that aveda herbiness at all, it is sweet but fresh at the same time. My BF actually commented on how nice it was without being asked. It manages to be fresh, sweet and different all at once. I love this scent. There was also another one that was very pretty, it had vanilla and fennel in it, I cannot remember the #, might have been #15......that was the only other one I considered buying.There was no strange drydown from this being in an oil base either which concerned me at first ,but I chose this over the spirit because I wanted something that would stay close to my body and have good lasting power and this definitely fulfills both requirements. All in all, very nice and relatively inexpensive.

Popular Fragrances