Smashbox Transfer Creme-To-Powder

No Image

3.3

on 12/3/2005 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I purchased this blush in Smashing Produce, which is the pink shade, and I really like it. The color initially looks very bright, but I used my fingers to apply and blend along my cheek bone, and it left a very flattering, sweet, natural looking hint of color. I found it to be very sheer once blended, so I ended up with 3 layers and still had a very natural look. The texture while applying it very velvety, and blends easily. The finished texture just looks like your skin. It is not matte, not shiney or shimmery, just a perfect finish of natural color. I do not love the case it comes in. I do not think a sponge applicator is necessary, so the extra compartment for it is cumbersome and gets in the way. The blush pad is also very small (good for transporting I suppose), but I like a little more surface area.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this product. Transfer creme to powder blush is a tiny compact of blush that comes with a little sponge to apply. I used my trusty PD cream cheek brush. Got a beautiful, natural looking flush. I got Direct, the coral peach shade. Goes great with my NC30 light olive complexion. i did have to put a bit on to get enough color. QVC.com lists this as "Lend a healthy glow to your complexion with smashbox Transfer. The easy-to-apply cream-to-powder blush starts off smooth and silky, then dries in seconds to a sheer, weightless blush. Comes in a sleek mirrored compact with sponge applicator. Smashing Produce is a pretty pink shade. Smashing Direct is a fresh peach hue.
Net weight 0.12 oz."

This retails for $24 which i think is pretty pricey. It lasted pretty well through the day but did fade slightly. ALthough I like this color/product, its not the best cream blush out there. The slight fading through the day would not make me repurchase this although I like it.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Now, I like this blush but I haven't used the sponge that came with it-I just use my fingers and have not had a streaking issue. The color is very pretty, looks bright in the pan but goes on sheer. I bought the peach.

on 5/6/2005 3:41:00 PM

New product I bought from QVC. It uses the same packaging as the Compact Anti-Shine and is offered in two colors. I got the warmer shade which is a bright apricot color. I used the little sponge that came with it to apply. The consistency came out very streaky on my skin. Adding to the problem, the color is VERY bright. I'm PPP and therefore my skin was unforgiving of the streakiness. I had to go over it with foundation to tone it down and even out. I believe the stiffness and roughness of the little sponge has as much to do with the problem as the product itself. However, I'm not as pleased with the color as I thought so it's going back.