Stila Lip Shine in Rosey Shine

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

4.7

Wow, I really like this! The texture is great. It's really thick and smooth, and it's very pigmented. It's a beautiful color. It makes my face look bright and glowing without being too over the top. The packaging is also great. I love the squeeze tube with the little brush applicator. It's also a major plus that you can click this to lock at the bottom. I never have to worry about it oozing out into my purse. Unfortunately, I think this has been discontinued because I don't see it on Stila's webiste anywhere. It figures. I always discover stuff when it's too late!

I agree with the previous reviewer that Rosey Shine is not the same shade as the old Rose Shine ... Rosey is definitely pinkier in shade and thicker in texture. This is the first time I am trying the new packaged version of lip shine and I must say that I am loving it so much more than the old version!! On my NC25-30 complexion, I found the old Rose Shine a bit too taupey and muddy on me at times, but this new Rosey Shine is much better for me ... the extra pinkiness with silvery shimmer is the exact shade I was looking for to compliment my complexion. I find this new texture more like a cream lipstick than a gloss though, so I use only a very sheer coat to avoid it looking too metallic ... it definitely isn't as glossy or liquidy as the old lip shines ... but that happens to suit me really well also because I found the old texture to be a bit too oily and this one sits much better on my lips. I really love the new lip shine formula and packaging!!

on 8/26/2005 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

'Rosey' is not the same as 'Rose' in the old, metal tube packaging, which is good as I didn't like the platinum tones of Rose against my LLL skintone. Rosey is a pigmented, gorgeous, shimmery/slightly frosty, medium-toned, rich rose with some bronze/silver tones. Very complex and unique being neither cool nor warm, but more neutral in tone. Kinda like a *much* pinker/rosier and a bit cooler-toned Chanel Unity/MAC Viva Glam V l/g, yet without the brown tones of those two. It has that type of complexity. I think this will be a very popular shade as it will look stunning on all skintones and coloring!

My overall opinion of these glosses: I went to the Stila counter thinking I wanted Posey and Violet--unfortunately, both are super sheer, with Posey being a bright pink and Violet a, uh, violet tone. Reminded me of Clinique Superbalms in degree of tint. Very disapointed that they weren't one of the pigmented shades.Packaging: I love the new packaging and I discovered something interesting about it...when I bought Orchid I immedietly had to put it on and I squeezed and squeezed, but nothing came out. I then looked on the tube and you have to turn the top to open it (it said it on the tube). You can then close it when done, so you don't have to worry about if the tube gets squeezed in your purse, it won't oooze out next time you use it. Great feature!

continued >>