Clinique Cream Shaper for Eyes in Egyptian

Clinique Cream Shaper for Eyes in Egyptian

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I can't get enough of clinique's cream shapers for eyes, and this colour is absolutely stunning! It's a dark black brownish green with gold shimmer. When it's smudged it looks even better! I find it lasts very very well but if it smudges on you, it won't look bad because the colour is so flattering and it has that beautiful cool toned golden sheen that looks so natural, like your eyes are wearing jewels (if you can imagine). So gorgeous!
I wish clinique would make their brush on cream liner of this colour permanent as it was once released as a limited edition shade. I find it looks nicer than their classic black honey. I highly recommend it!
Just beautiful!!!!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this because of reviews here but it is not NEARLY as intense as I like in an eyeliner. You have to go back and forth quite a bit and it's still not that dark and doesn't have very good staying power :(

To Read all 182 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/2/2015 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really enjoy Egypitan, it's a flattering blackened green with gold sheen. Very easy to apply and reasonably longwearing. I wear it quite often. The only cons is hat it has to be sharpened regularly due to its creaminess and looks very faint on the waterline.

on 12/28/2014 3:18:00 PM

I much prefer the quick liner intense and disagree with reviewers here in that it comes off ( but I do rub my eyes a lot, unconsciously), however the shade is utterly unique. Gorgeous. A greeny brown golden but dark colour, absolutely beautiful.

on 11/9/2014 11:50:00 PM

the best eyeliner! beautiful color. not smudging! no more panda eyes. love it so much!

on 3/15/2014 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Wow, this is lovely. A very dark blackened olive shot through with bronze - really unusual colour. It's kind of what I hoped Laura Mercier's Black Gold would be, only with a bit more green. So often, you get these eyeliners which are gorgeous colours, but just don't show up. That is not the case with this Cream Shaper. It's a soft, dense pencil that gives great colour pay-off, even works well on the waterline. Okay, so I don't get quite the dramatic line there that I get with BB Longwear Eye Pencil. But it definitely shows on the waterline and gives a slightly softer look than the usual black. In terms of wear, it's pretty good. Again, from using the BB Longwear, I have high expectations, but even if I don't reapply all day at work, the Cream Shaper holds up - yes, I need to reapplly on the waterline, but even if I didn't bother, it would still look as though I was wearing eyeliner.
The way I use eyeliner is to line inside the waterline, then go around on the outside, top and bottom, and smudge a bit. This pencil is great for that intense, smoky look. Not so sure it'd work well if you wanted a clean flick - in fact, I'm sure it probably wouldn't. I'm still experimenting with the best eyeshadow colours to put it with - so far it looks lovely with Stila Golightly and La Douce.

on 3/11/2014 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

LOVE this for the shade egyptian. Stays on well too. Only thing I wish is that it wasn't a sharpening required pencil, feel like most of the product gets wasted sharpening it. I wish they would make it a retractable, or does any of you MUAers know of a dupe for this shade????

on 9/20/2013 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My favorite eye liner! Goes on smoothly and lasts.

on 11/22/2012 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Me:
NC10 with very yellow skin
Very sensitive skin
Uber dry skin

This is my HG eyepencil, I love how creamy this eyepencil is and that it doesnt move a bit during the day. Egyptian is a bronzy/khaki shade and really compliments my blue eyes. I like to wear it with a natural e/s like MAC brulee-ish or MAC Vanilla pigment, but sometimes I use it for a smokey eye and apply the pencil all over my eyelid.

Unfortunately we almost pay high end prices for Clinique where I live, but that has not stopped me from buying this eyepencil over and over again. Def. a keeper!

on 9/26/2012 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This eyeliner is absolutely gorgeous. I love the color! I can't really wear black, but this is a dark, dark gray-black-green-gold- color with just a tiny bit of shimmer. It looks so pretty on my brown eyes. It goes on really creamy and smooth. I wear it on top of cream eyeshadow and it does last at least 12 hours with very minor fading. I can't wear it on my lower lashes, though, because it smudges too much. This is a really nice liner. I wish it would stay just a little bit longer, but the color makes up for it.