MAC Cosmetics Shadestick-Overcast

No Image

3.1

on 3/6/2012 1:12:00 PM

I have many shadestick, and i love them.
I did notice this color got such a bad rewind, so i desided to buy it, to see for myself.

And my conclusions are that i simply love this color. It hihgligths everything you wan,t in the rigth way. It blends easy. It does not have to much glitter.,And it is a handy multi use stick.
I simply love it.
And are very happy that i for once did not trust the other rewiwes.

I don't have much experience with MAC products, but whathever I buy I find sadly disappionting. Perhaps it's because instead of buying some popular products which always receive good reviews (eg. MAC blushes, foundations or eyeliners) I am tempted to get something more extravagant, some new , original concept or idea. And unfortunately these innovations don't always work for me. As far as this shadestick is concerned I expected it to be much more creamy than it actually is. The shadow is hard to apply, keeps tugging my eyelid, the line is uneven and hard to blend. I see no point struggling to get your make-up right when there are so many other ways to look good without much effort.

on 11/16/2010 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very chunky and young looking, being its so white, vs silver. I always get carded for alcohol when wearing this, really makes me look young! Not the best shade, nothing special.

on 4/19/2009 12:36:00 PM

Terrible! I have other shadesticks that I really like but MAC went wrong with this one. It's too frosty, chunky, flakey, and doesn't blend well AT ALL. What a waste.

on 9/3/2008 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this shadestick. It's very frosty but I like it because when I want that faded out look of my eyeshadow from light to dark, this works amazing. I find it easy to blend with my fingers after putting it on my lids. I love it and would definitely purchase more shadesticks in other colors.

on 7/22/2008 1:01:00 AM

this was such a disappointment for me. This seemed exactly what i was looking for, a pretty white opaque shade for my eyes. However when i got home and tried to use on myself it was a disaster. It was chalky and flaky and did not apply evenly at all. The parts that were even were such a pretty color though so made it even more a bummer. I tried to love this for so long but it just isn't what i expected. I tried it as a base and it made things uneven and hard to blend. It is great for inner eye/tear duct area however. Any area i suppose that is smaller where its harder to get unevenness. Also, it gets all over your eyelashes, making them white so mascara is a must after applying this unless thats the look your going for. The packaging is great. This shadestick however has scared me away from any others since it was my first.
I have heard a tip though that i have not had a chance to try:Rolling the s/s in your hands to warm it up, i guess it applies easier. I have pretty much given up on this guy though but feel free to try it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

What's up with all these playa haters? Overcast shadestick has been an absolute miracle in transforming sheer, pale toned, or underpigmented shadows into beautiful vibrant colors, and adding sparkle to all that goes near it. This is a beautiful shimmery white that turns your eye area into a frosty canvas, waiting to be drawn and painted on with all your favorite shadows. Not only that, but the solid white background this shadestick provides does wonders for getting yellows, oranges, pale pinks, light greens, etc to show up with all their in-pot glory, as opposed to going on sheer and barely noticable. Like all MAC shadesticks, this provides a solid base that's excellent for layering and building shadow color, and despite my oily skin (which includes oily eyelids), this shadestick has kept even the most stubborn shadows and pigments holding on and going strong, crease free, for well over 12 hours. Overcast definitely isn't something to use for daytime looks, since it has a way of making even the most neutral colored shadows stand out and pop, but for a dramatic night time look, or for solving the problem of "this looks so much lighter on my lid than it does in the pot", Overcast is definitely the way to go. It's an absolute staple in my makeup bag, and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes bright-colored shadow and likes it as bright as possible.

on 1/24/2008 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I HATED this s/s. It was chunky & chalky and did nothing for the e/s that was put on top of it... Which is sad because I really had high hopes for this s/s. I returned it to MAC.

on 1/16/2008 7:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I use this shadestick as a primer/over all cover before I put on my eyeshadow.

Pros: Brings out the true colour of the eyeshadow, has a great shimmer, blends easily

Cons: Does not go on evenly and takes a while to get it to do so

on 1/12/2008 8:38:00 PM

I generally love MAC shadesticks, but this one = Fail. I decided I needed a white base to make some eyeshadows pop more and be more vibrant. This was not the way to go. It's very chunky.... Not smooth at all. If you have the time to smooth it out with your finger, it's a nice base, but I need something I can apply and move on.