Weleda Foot Balm

No Image

4.5

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have something of a love/hate relationship with Weleda products in that I long to pamper myself with their natural and internationally respected product offerings, but usually find them to be much too highly fragranced and irritating to my sensitive skin. I can't use any of their facial products, for example (and I have tried over the years, believe me).

I'm thus pleased to write a favourable review for a Weleda product after years of trying--the foot balm really is excellent. It absorbs fast, leaves skin nicely smooth, and has a slightly cooling, refreshing feel on swollen feet and ankles. I'm pregnant and this was recommended to me as a great way to relax sore and swollen feet after a long day--it certainly does that perfectly. Further, I feel like it deodorises feet naturally and provides some long-lasting benefits if used every other day.

The only downside is the very herbal scent (this dissipates quickly though) and the slightly spendy price. Great find though!

on 6/30/2012 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Anyone who knows me in real life would probably laugh to think of me buying foot cream this expensive, and laugh even harder to imagine me reviewing it online. I'm pretty cheap, but a sucker for sample sizes. When I went to my local health-food store to get a sample Weleda soothing almond lotion (review coming soon!) I picked this one up too. I pumice-stone my feet every day to clean them, but they remain a little dry and rough around the heels, even after putting lotions or olive oil on them. After washing and pumice-ing my feet, I massage a dime-sized drop into each foot. It is immediately soothing, cooling, tingling, and perfect. (Smells minty and citrusty delicious too). It absorbed immediately, and there was no sticky feeling left -didn't even have to wear socks, which is so great in this humid summer weather. I woke up to the smoothest, happiest feet I have ever had. So pricey, but, like another reviewer said, I won't need any pedicures!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I adore the mint and citrus scent of this foot balm - very refreshing. I also like the fact that it's organic and it absorbs quickly. Although it does a good job of moisturising my feet, it is not the most effective foot cream out there. Flexitol, for example, is cheaper and more effective. That said, I'm addicted to the fragrance and I prefer to use natural products so I will be repurchasing this. Sometimes it is nice to have a product that is simply a joy to use and this is one of them.

on 9/21/2009 9:30:00 AM

I totally love the smell of the Foot Balm! Especially in summer it's nice and fresh. Absorbs quickly into the skin and leaves a velvety feeling. Highly recommended!

on 8/16/2009 8:40:00 AM

Oh, this stuff smells delicious! I had a few samples of this that I took on holiday with me (we did a lot of walking and sight seeing). My feet were cooled down by the balm and smelt heavenly too! They were so soft afterwards. Love that it's an organic brand too.

on 6/7/2009 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Like Nata below, I bought this cream in Germany recently whilst halfway through a six-week backpacking trip. My feet were in dire need of some TLC - aching, blistered and just generally tired - and the Foot Balm provided it. It was pretty cheap from the local Rossmann (like Australia's Priceline), comes in a small metal tube and smells similar to Skin Food. The first time I used it I put it on at night after showering, popped some socks on and woke up with vastly softer, happier feet. The blisters on my feet were not so sore and the rough patches on my heels had virtually disappeared. The difference overnight after one treatment was quite impressive. Best of all it was easily absorbed - when backpacking, being able to wash clothes is difficult so the fact it didn't dirty my socks was a bonus. I have used it several times since then and my feet just love it. I'm not sure how available it is now I'm back in Australia but if I see it I'll buy a spare tube.

on 4/12/2009 7:53:00 AM

Thought I's try this as a cheper alternative to my favourite Aveda Foot Relief. However it did hit the mark-it wasn't moisturising enough and my feet felt sticky after use.

on 10/17/2008 7:19:00 PM

I was in Germany this summer and after one long hot day walking in very uncomfortable shoes my feet were a mess - blistered, bleeding... I got this cream in the DM drugstore (it has camphore in it - thought it will help to cool down my pain). This cream was a big surprize - it healed my feet in 2 days and in addition softened them a lot. It absorbs fast - no need to put socks, smeels fresh keeps my feeet dry and works great. I use foot file much less, since my feet are much softer now. It's 6 EUR in Germany and little under $17 CAN in my local health food store. I'd recommend it to anyone and will never be without it myself.

i started using this about 2 weeks ago and i can't believe how well it works. i put it on after my shower every morning and it soaks in right away...no greasy film or waiting before i can put on socks. i can't believe what a difference it's made...in these two weeks the big cracks on my heels have completely gone away and my feet look and feel like i've just had a pedicure. not only that, but it does seem to help keep my feet drier (of course, it's spring, so we'll see how this holds up in the summer).
the scent is a little strange, but not bad, and goes away quickly. i think the price is great (about $9), especially if it means i won't need to get a pedicure all summer!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ohhhh...Ahhhh...that is how I feel after I use this on my tired, achy, dry feet. It's absorbs easily so your not left with gooey socks. Keeps feet smelling fresh. This is a luxury item for me, but it could stand to be cheaper. Most people don't know about this item, but I recommend it for those on your feet all day. Smells like a wintermint version of Skin Food. Will repurchase again.

Popular Body Skincare Products