MAC Lipglass in Flash of Flesh

No Image

4.4

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I had to go to nearly every single MAC store in London to get my hands on this so I well and truely appreciate this! Very nice colour on my NW42 complexion. Bit thick and more sticky then my other lipglasses but I read that MAC and Mickey worked on the formula to get it like this so it stays on longer. Whichever way I am so upset I only have one!

on 1/3/2010 2:16:00 PM

I'm slightly torn on how to rate this one... at times I want to give it a lower rating but it does have its wow factor as well. I'm a NC25/30, MUFE 32, and BB Sand and this shows up quite strongly on my lip. It's a vibrant shade in the tube and it keeps on going on the lip. On me, it's a shimmery golden apricot. The reason why I want to knock it down a notch is cause the shimmery borders on frosty. I'm not a fan of frosty lipgloss so thats why I'm not completely sold on this. I've seen this being worn by paler skintones and it really takes on a sexier bronzier golden sheen. It's really stunning on them but for me, it's stays a peachy tone with a good dose of gold. It looks like what Nars Orgasm would be on the lips. As for the texture, there's no gritty glitter texture so thats good. It's pretty typical of the MAC tackiness and it stays on pretty long. It's definitely an unique shade and it might be your HG but not quite for me.

on 5/12/2008 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This looked like a beatuiful cantaloupe melon or light peach inthe tube. On my lips it looks like clear with small glitter in it. darn. I am FFF NC15.

Pros:
Stays well,
Good shine.
Good colour

Cons:
Funny taste,
Drys up after a while,
bit too thick for my liking.

Overall:
The texture was a bit too pasty and heavy for my liking, but it did stay well and I liked the fact that the colour was not too overpowering but it was not right for my pale skintone.

I love this lipglass. It's very shimmery and looks pink/nude depending on your skintone with a great pout look. I love it and definitely worth it if you can get your hands on it! :)

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I tend to wear this color a lot, it's a nice copperish nude with shimmer. Too bad it's [LE], otherwise I would buy this again. It works well with as a polished everyday look.

on 11/25/2006 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Perfect lipcolor for me. I wish I could find a non shimmery version of it. NC43. Gives a great, pouty nude lip.

Oh MAC, WHY do you continue to discontinue my HG shades?? Flash of Flesh is simply the perfect sheerish nude l/g with some sparkle (shimmer not glitter) I am a PPP and this worked very well for me. I didnt find it too be too bronze or orangey as some of the other reviewers have mentioned, nor was it frosty so it didnt wash me out either. Its just sheer peachy nude on me and I love it. I don't usually wear this l/g alone though. This shade is made for pairing IMO. I especially love it over MAC High Tea l/s for my ultimate perfect sparkley nude lip. I have been trying to find a match of this but havent been successful yet. I have heard that MAC Kei l/g is identical but that doesnt help since that was LE too! Hopefully MAC will recreate something similar in a future collection. If they do, I'll be smart enough to stock up.

on 5/10/2006 7:56:00 PM

OMG LOVE!! Am so kicking myself for not getting back up. Ebay does have some occasionally though :)

This lipglass is very shimmery and gives a peach, frosty look. Great for night makeup, might be a bit too over during the day. Anyway, some might find it a bit too pale because of the frost. Overall, I love this.