Besame Feather Light Dusting Powder

Besame Feather Light Dusting Powder

4.6

on 5/28/2009 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Awesome. Smells and looks goood. I wish I had bought ten of these when all their stuff was on sale...

This is my HG loose powder. I've paid full price for it and I've paid next to nothing when they were reformulating. The smell is DIVINE, like cake batter! It gives you a wonderful matte finish to your skin, especially when you use liquid foundation first - perfect for a vintage look. I bought in bulk when they were on sale - gotta have this powder on hand!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this powder for free with an order of lipstick- which I love. The powder smells amazing- really vanilla-yummy. The powder texture is nice too, very finely milled. Unfortunately It's just too white for me. It's not actually translucent at all. In the winter I might be able to use this, but in the summer it makes my skin look ashy and around the folds in my nose it looks like I'm dusty or have sand on my face. Also, the lid doesn't close tightly so I'm always afraid I'm going to spill it. Great smell, nice texture, but would only look good if you're very pale.

I would never in a million years pay full price for this powder. IMO the scent is the only thing that makes it special. It smells like warm vanilla, and while I try to hold my breath when I'm powdering my face, it's tempting to sniff with this one! Whenever any of it sticks to my lip balm after application, it feels really gritty. Also, I have to use a fair amount for my whole face to set foundation. I like how it doesn't go on funny over my concealer though like some loose powders do. Oh and before I forget....what is up with the ridiculously tiny powder puff?? You could fit one finger in it lol. I swear the sizes in this line of make-up are a joke.

I purchased this dueing the besame sale for $6. The product is quite small and I wouldn't pay full price for it, but it's a lovely powder. It's very finely milled and looks great on my face. It makes my pores almost disappear, and looks especially good when applied with my Sonia Kashuk skunk brush. The packaging is also very pretty, and not messy. Overall a very nice finishing powder that feels very luxurious to use.

I just adore this powder and the packaging. I am so sad that they are redoing their entire line. I hope it all looks at least as wonderful as what they currently have (if that's even possible).

I use a the palest physicians formula mineral powder; it's the only mineral powder I've tried that works at all well with my very pale gold skin with green undertones. Sadly, it is still a bit too dark and bit too pink. Besame's loose powder makes it a bit paler, at least enough to match my neck's lightness, though it doesnk help too much on the pinkness. Still! It doesn't break me out or move around after a few hours like other non-mineral makeups.

on 6/30/2008 5:41:00 PM

I think my favorite aspect of this powder is the vanilla scent. It is really soothing first thing in the morning. It works pretty well at keeping the shine at bay for a couple of hours--about the longest I think you can realistically expect. The container is too small, especially for the price, which is why I deducted a lippie.

on 5/6/2008 6:47:00 PM

Nice finishing powder, when using the souffle foundation. I hear Besame is coming out with new products that contain less or none of the harmful chemicals that we are always hearing about, such as talc, parabens, etc. I hope the new formulations are just as good as their old ones, anything that is better for our health I am willing to try. Keep up the good work Besame!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Besame had a sale online to clear out old stock to make way for the new... so of course I was there, front and center! This loose powder was discounted to $10, which to be honest is still a bit pricey for me. You get .37oz (10g), which doesn't seem like a lot but I've found a little goes a long way. I don't wear foundation most days, just a light dusting of powder to even out my skintone and tone down my freckles. This one melts into my skin and looks very nice. I pat it on with the included puff then smooth it out with a powder brush. I LOVE the vanilla scent - and this coming from someone who usually hates vanilla. For reference: I am NW15 with dry, not particularly sensitive skin.

on 4/11/2008 10:35:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I just received this in swap and I loved it so much that I went right to the Besame website and ordered a backup. For reference, I have dry, flaky skin with acne, pores, freckles, sun damage, and rosacea--if you can think of an awful skin condition other than leprosy, I have it. I have learned a lot (and $pent a lot!) lurking here in the 'Alley over the last several months, and I have to thank MUA for introducing me to this tiny translucent wonder. I use a little foundation over my "blemish zones" after cleansing every morning, then I dust all over with the Besame loose powder using my usual powder brush. My skin looks dewey yet matte, fresh and unblemished, natural yet...better than that. Staying power? You betcha! I put my makeup on 13 hours ago, and it STILL looks good. Does it get any more fabulous than that? About the scent--I honestly didn't notice it. I will hoarde this like a miser if they ever stop making it.