LUSH Honey Trap Lip Balm

LUSH Honey Trap Lip Balm
Lush Honey Trap Lip BalmLush Honey Trap Lip Balm

4.1

New Formula (2013): Fair Trade Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) , Beeswax (Cera alba) , Honey (Mel) , Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea) , White Chocolate (Sucrose, Theobroma Cacao [Cocoa] Extract) , Dry Whole Milk , Lecithin , Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract , Glycerine , Flavor , Organic Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum Vulgare) , Fine Oatmeal (Avena sativa) , Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita) , Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia) , Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis) , *Limonene

Impulse buy. Happy with my decision. Very dry lips from flying a lot. This makes them instantly feel normal & soft. Plus it smells good.

on 3/24/2017 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The perfect lipbalm, to be completely honest.

The price is a bit up there; still, 10 euros isn't that outrageous, I think, not when some luxury lipbalms are upwards of 15 euros. And you do get a lot of product; I've had my tin for 4 months and I use it every day, and I still have more than two thirds of the tin left. I'd estimate a tin of this will last you a year. I really like the smell and the taste, but they're prominent enough that you might want to apply a bit to your hand and lick it in the store to see if you like it. The texture is really nice, soft and smooth, with a nice satin finish, not too glossy or greasy. That makes it great for layering it under matte lipsticks or when you want to wear lipstick as a stain and need something to sheer it out; it doesn't dissolve the lipstick into an oily bleeding mess like so many lipbalms do. It stays on the mouth very well, too. You'll need to reapply a few times during the day, but it does do a decent job of clinging to your lips. Best of all, it really does work incredibly well. Putting it on before you go to sleep guarantees a soft, moisturised mouth in the morning. If you're having a dry lip crisis, just make an effort to put it on a few times during the day and it should fix your situation in 24 hours, maximum.

The packaging is a bit fiddly and I'd prefer it in a twist-up tube, but that's just personal preference. Undoubtedly one of the best Lush products I've tried so far.

I live in a super dry climate and it takes a toll on the lips, causing dry chapped lips. Most lip balms are woefully inadequate. This product does wonders. It hydrates the lips thoroughly and stays on a long time. It also has a very nice honey-vanilla scent. I live by this stuff in winter! Love it!

on 1/6/2017 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Beautiful lip salve that is slightly waxy at first but turns into a divine butter from the heat of your finger. The scent is light and pretty. Hydrates my very very dry lips for a long time--not as long as Vaseline, but better than most lip balms. I think it really sinks into the skin to provide a healthy moisturized result. If only it weren't so expensive.

I was really disappointed with this product as I am usually a big fan of LUSH.

The lip balm smells lovely and feels lovely when you put it on, really smooth not greasy or oily like some. The little tin it comes in is great and means you can keep it for a really long time. I don't find it to be particularly moisturising - maybe for 5 minutes but after that I find my lips are quite dry. I've gone back to using a 90p tin of Vaseline which is tinted and works much better.

Very poor quality for the price, won't be buying LUSH lip balms again, complete rip off!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love everything about this lip balm, from the way it smells, to how it makes my lips feel. It will definitely become one of my beauty staples now!

on 2/3/2016 6:50:00 AM

I love this stuff, I go through it so quickly and so happily. I'm on my third or fourth tub right now. I remember losing my first tub, which I quickly replaced with another. I remember finishing that tub, and once again quickly replacing it. I'm addicted, I think. The delicious scent makes it a pleasure to apply and reapply throughout the day, and the creamy texture is pleasant on the lips, it's not slippery at all. My favourite thing about this lip balm is how natural and organic it is; I never feel guilty putting this on my lips or even swallowing it, because it smells and feels more like food than it does chemicals, and that's important to me. I am aways trying to put my health first, even in cosmetic purchases, and this lip balm is delicious, it works, and it's natural, even organic. LUSH is always a pleasure to support; if it weren't for their widespread use of parabens, I would be buying a lot more of their products. Fortunately, this lip balm does not have any.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The... smell. What does it smell like? I can't place it. Faintly honey, vaguely vanilla. Not unpleasant, but not heavenly...

This product hasn't caught me in its trap (ha, get it?) for many reasons. First and foremost being that it is overpriced for such a small tub. $11.50 in New Zealand.

Secondly, my lips are incredibly chapped. If I were an insect, my lips would be a mountain range, with crevices as deep as the Grand Canyon. If I forget to put on lip balm for more than a few hours, it shows, to the point of getting comments from friends and family! I was on holiday a year ago and lo and behold, I had lost my lip balm. By the second day, everytime that I took a sip of water from a cup, there was blood staining the rim of the cup where my cracked, dry lips had touched it. I said at the time that it looked like I was a vampire who had just eaten my prey. I was swept up to the supermarket to pick up some new lip balm pretty soon after that!

This stuff works well, I'll admit grudgingly, but only while it's on my lips. The second that this wears off, it goes back to normal. I'm not too happy with that, as it means that I have to constantly keep it on my lips and therefore waste more of the product. I want something that will heal my lips and keep them healed for more than a few minutes after the product is gone.

Also, this stuff is thick. The word thick was probably invented for this. I live in New Zealand, and it's usually quite cold, so perhaps it's the climate here that causes this to stay in a hardened state, even when it's on my lips. Once again, this means that more of the product is wasted. I've dug through quite a lot of this, despite having it for only a month. I'm not sure whether I like having such a heavy lip balm on my lips. I feel that it's harder to apply since you have to get it smooth and even.

See if you can inspect this at a store before you purchase it - it's not everyone's cup of tea, I suppose it depends on a variety of factors.

on 1/4/2016 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not 100% sure why but this isn't my "go to" lip balm like I thought it would be, I love it tho? So I'm going to say it's the packaging, it's not as convenient as a regular chap stick tube. That being said they put their Santa baby lip stick in one so maybe they will do the same on this one soon? Anyway---this balm is very moisturizing and very sweet to taste :) great smelling and over all just a pleasure!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love how thick this lip balm is. I usually using it during the night before bed. One thing that I dislike is the packaging - not hygienic. But overall, I'll repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials